Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Bengals Preseason Comes At End Of Year
Rebuilding Bengals needed preseason but had no preseason. Now with Burrow out the last 6 games, Mixon out the next 2 games or more, AJ Green one year only Franchise Tag ending....It is time to look at other players in games. Finley and whoever the #3 QB is on practice squad. The RBs behind Mixon. The WR's other than Green.

Some may want Bengals to go out and find a QB now. At 2-7-1, I would not spend another dime on the 2020 Bengals. Plus there are no QBs to bring in. The Bengals have last place in the AFC North locked up. Looking at schedule, they may get one more win. They will finish 2 or 3 wins no matter what, and Bengals could use more Top Draft Picks anyway. They need a major focus on Offensive and Defensive Line and Linebacker in draft. They need to get tough in the trenches or they will be last place door mats in the AFC NORTH this Decade.

There is NO QUIT in Football, and I'm not saying the players should Quit. I am saying with Burrow and Mixon OUT, and 2-7-1 record, The Bengals can now see some players in games that they didn't get to see in Preseason Games. They can now see if these back-up QBs and RBs have any game worthy to keep them around in 2021. Finley and others are now trying to earn a spot on the 2021 team. They will get practice time and game time now and their preseason for 2021 starts NOW on if they should be kept or cut in off season.

With Burrow and Mixon OUT, as a Bengal Fan, I do not expect much the end of 2020, and time to see if these bench warmers are worthy of being in the NFL in 2021. The jury is now out on Randy as kicker also. His poor game today added to his game losing misses means he could be replaced in 2021 also. There are still players to fire and replace in the New Day Rebuild for 2021. These last 6 games are last chance opportunities for the QBs and others who will now get to play.

Plus, No Fans in The Stands, and money is a factor. Just see if these bench warmers are worth keeping in late season COVID 2020 last place preseason for 2021, in last 6 games.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Yeah... They're not worth keeping. Taylor and whatever fans that wanna evaluate the dregs of this sorry roster can be my guest. The Bengals ceased to be must watch TV today. Best player... Done. Best pass rusher shipped off. Best receiver... Neutered by Ryan Finley.

Seriously; when did this whole let's see what we got/ evaluate players during live action craze start? Need an Allen Iverson Practice gif...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:27 AM)jason Wrote: Yeah... They're not worth keeping. Taylor and whatever fans that wanna evaluate the dregs of this sorry roster can be my guest. The Bengals ceased to be must watch TV today. Best player... Done. Best pass rusher shipped off. Best receiver... Neutered by Ryan Finley.

Seriously; when did this whole let's see what we got/ evaluate players during live action craze start? Need an Allen Iverson Practice gif...

True. When they have trouble hitting on drafted guys in the first few rounds, how can anyone expect them to be able to evaluate players further down the roster?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Agree on this. It’s okay. Bengals are going to be a better team soon. Wait and be patient.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 03:10 AM)BenglasFan088 Wrote: Agree on this. It’s okay. Bengals are going to be a better team soon. Wait and be patient.

Thanks Katie.
Reply/Quote
Evaluate players lol... Ya ok..
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 03:10 AM)BenglasFan088 Wrote: Agree on this. It’s okay. Bengals are going to be a better team soon. Wait and be patient.

It’s been 30 years...

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 03:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s been 30 years...

‘But we need city funded tax exemptions Mr. Cosca!’
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 03:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s been 30 years...

It feels like...

[Image: anigif_sub-buzz-31348-1484827652-7.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I hope Finley makes burrow look like Peyton Manning these last 6 games.

I hope this gets Jim Fing Turner fired, if not the entire staff. They earned this shit canning.

I hope this locks up the 3rd overall pick and they take Sewell and sign 2 guards this offseason so they can concentrate on drafting competent pass rushers in the draft.

Seeing burrow almost single handily win the majority of games on his own tells me that a competent coaching staff and better lines will drastically increase tge chance of winning
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 08:59 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I hope Finley makes burrow look like Peyton Manning these last 6 games.

I hope this gets Jim Fing Turner fired, if not the entire staff. They earned this shit canning.

I hope this locks up the 3rd overall pick and they take Sewell and sign 2 guards this offseason so they can concentrate on drafting competent pass rushers in the draft.

Seeing burrow almost single handily win the majority of games on his own tells me that a competent coaching staff and better lines will drastically increase tge chance of winning

Only if Burrow wasn’t already damaged goods 
Reply/Quote
The only game worth watching at all is the Dallas game, and that's because it would be fun to see if Andy plays with a smirk on his face (of course he wouldn't).
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 10:22 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: The only game worth watching at all is the Dallas game, and that's because it would be fun to see if Andy plays with a smirk on his face (of course he wouldn't).

Andy Dalton is practicing his Baker Mayfield stare down of Hue Jackson for Taylor.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:37 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: True. When they have trouble hitting on drafted guys in the first few rounds, how can anyone expect them to be able to evaluate players further down the roster?

Burrow, Tee, Jonah, Wilson??? Seems like Taylors 2 drafts have done pretty good in the early rounds. In rounds 1 and 2 the only question is Sample. That's 3 out of 4....
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 10:22 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: The only game worth watching at all is the Dallas game, and that's because it would be fun to see if Andy plays with a smirk on his face (of course he wouldn't).

I’m looking forward to seeing him peacock about on the sidelines showing off his fall hair flair.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 11:29 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Burrow, Tee, Jonah, Wilson??? Seems like Taylors 2 drafts have done pretty good in the early rounds. In rounds 1 and 2 the only question is Sample. That's 3 out of 4....

So, the Bengals have only drafted the last 2 years?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote