Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, Herbert sucks, Gordon sucks..
Why are people still on the Tua train? Haven't we learned our lessons yet on taking injured players? Could be Eifert 2.0

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2020, 07:28 PM)Interceptor Wrote: It's probably just me. I'm just not feeling it the way I feel it for Trevor Lawrence. It's just too bad the earliest Trevor will come out is next year. But this is JMHO.

I can respect that.  Lawrence may be better, heck maybe 3 QBs rise next year and are all better than Joe.  However, the Bengals have the top pick this year.  Logic tells me that when you have the top pick, and you need a better QB, you take the best one in the draft.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2019, 09:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are y'all ready to get on board with Joe Burrow, yet?

I’m 95% there but I have one more data point to collect, Sunset: His game against Clemson.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2020, 08:35 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’m 95% there but I have one more data point to collect, Sunset: His game against Clemson.

Fair enough.  For me, him handling Alabama and Georgia sealed the deal.  The Oklahoma game was just icing on the cake.  Now, if he defeats Clemson's defense?  Young children will sing songs about him, for centuries to come.   Wink

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 02:20 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I think Ariana could work with him. Somewhere like Miami, I don’t think he works out.

Hmm, never knew she was an NFL coach now...

https://giphy.com/gifs/arianagrande-ariana-grande-thank-u-next-you-uldtLAK6tSOKP5PWw3
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 10:33 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Hmm, never knew she was an NFL coach now...

https://giphy.com/gifs/arianagrande-ariana-grande-thank-u-next-you-uldtLAK6tSOKP5PWw3

I'm training for the combine as we speak. 
Reply/Quote
Jake Fromm just declared which is interesting. He is actually my 3rd favorite QB after Burrow and Tua, above Herbert (slightly) and Love/Eason (by a lot). I thought Tua coming out may send him back to school, but it would appear he is getting favorable projections from the evaluation committee. His ceiling isn't as high as some but to me his floor is average starting NFL QB. I think he can come in and be Andy Dalton/Kirk Cousins/ Ryan Tannehill right away in the league, i.e. a guy who can win with the right pieces but isn't going to carry a team.
Reply/Quote
No Jordan love is very very good
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 04:00 PM)Jpoore Wrote: No Jordan love is very very good

..and Kyler Murray sucks. Your opinion on QB's to me is worthless, you have proven that out time and time again. 
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2019, 06:33 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not smoking anything, but watching Nick Vigil LB for the Bengals the last few years makes me wish I had been... and he's probably considered the best Bengals LB.

Best Player Available is great and all, until you realize you absolutely NEED to do something to fix the position that's been neglected for ages.

There’s not a single linebacker in this draft worth taking at pick 3 bottom line. If u look at all my mocks linebacker is the one position along with offensive line that I desperately address but u can’t shoot urself in the foot reaching like that for Murray at 3. Plus Murray is not that good I think he’s got bust all over him. Isaiah Simmons would be the pick for me if we had to linebacker at 3.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 03:45 PM)Au165 Wrote: Jake Fromm just declared which is interesting. He is actually my 3rd favorite QB after Burrow and Tua, above Herbert (slightly) and Love/Eason (by a lot). I thought Tua coming out may send him back to school, but it would appear he is getting favorable projections from the evaluation committee. His ceiling isn't as high as some but to me his floor is average starting NFL QB. I think he can come in and be Andy Dalton/Kirk Cousins/ Ryan Tannehill right away in the league, i.e. a guy who can win with the right pieces but isn't going to carry a team.

Fromm is dalton 2.0 hard no thanks on that
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 04:00 PM)Jpoore Wrote: No Jordan love is very very good

To quote J.Geils Band "One thing fo' sure...Love Stinks."
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 05:00 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Fromm is dalton 2.0 hard no thanks on that

He never said he'd pick him.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 04:15 PM)Au165 Wrote: ..and Kyler Murray sucks. Your opinion on QB's to me is worthless, you have proven that out time and time again. 
I never said kyler Murray sucks?
(01-08-2020, 07:31 PM)Whatever Wrote: To quote J.Geils Band "One thing fo' sure...Love Stinks."
Incorrect..... he was coached by an assistant dline coach... completely stunting his progression. There’s a reason everyone believed he would be a top 5 pick had he not lost his hc last year. They also believed if he transferred he would be top 5 next year. He’s elite just was in a bad situation and needs to sit a year. Floor Winston ceiling mahomes, we’re getting him at a discount.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2020, 06:23 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I never said kyler Murray sucks?
Incorrect..... he was coached by an assistant dline coach... completely stunting his progression. There’s a reason everyone believed he would be a top 5 pick had he not lost his hc last year. They also believed if he transferred he would be top 5 next year. He’s elite just was in a bad situation and needs to sit a year. Floor Winston ceiling mahomes, we’re getting him at a discount.

Joe Burrow's head coach is a former Defensive Line and Defensive Coordinator coach. It's a good thing he hired offensive coaches too.

Just as Gary Anderson at Utah State did when he hired up and coming offensive coordinator and quarterback coach Mike Sanford. Sanford was a OC/QB coach for Notre Dame and Boise State. He left Matt Wells playbook in place and gave more responsibility to Jordan Love in 2019. Love struggled because he seen an increase in pressure and throwing into tight windows he was one of the worst QB in college football in these categories. His anticipation throws were some of the worst in college football...Jordan Love is all Potential and nothing more.

Btw Mike Sanford was hired by Minnesota after the season to be their OC/QB coach so he jumped from the MWC to the power 5 Big10.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 05:00 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Fromm is dalton 2.0 hard no thanks on that

I didn't say for us, but there are plenty of teams in the NFL that would love to have a guy like Dalton,Cousins,Tannehill as rookies with potential( not at the end of their careers). 
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2020, 09:09 AM)Synric Wrote: Joe Burrow's head coach is a former Defensive Line and Defensive Coordinator coach. It's a good thing he hired offensive coaches too.

Just as Gary Anderson at Utah State did when he hired up and coming offensive coordinator and quarterback coach Mike Sanford. Sanford was a OC/QB coach for Notre Dame and Boise State. He left Matt Wells playbook in place and gave more responsibility to Jordan Love in 2019. Love struggled because he seen an increase in pressure and throwing into tight windows he was one of the worst QB in college football in these categories. His anticipation throws were some of the worst in college football...Jordan Love is all Potential and nothing more.

Btw Mike Sanford was hired by Minnesota after the season to be their OC/QB coach so he jumped from the MWC to the power 5 Big10.
But that’s the point though. He was given way to much responsibility way to quickly. Had love transferred he would be. Top 5 pick next year.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2020, 07:04 PM)Jpoore Wrote: But that’s the point  though. He was given way to much responsibility way to quickly. Had love transferred he would be. Top 5 pick next year.

Hmm, that's speculation on your part.  There are also other good QBs that are going to have fantastic seasons in CFB next year, as well.  I couldn't see Love possibly rising in stock to get above players like Tua or Trevor Lawrence.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2020, 07:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, that's speculation on your part.  There are also other good QBs that are going to have fantastic seasons in CFB next year, as well.  I couldn't see Love possibly rising in stock to get above players like Tua or Trevor Lawrence.

Tua came out already. Assume u mean fields. And while it is speculation it’s isn’t unsubstantiated. A ton of scouts including mccshay, lots of the top dogs at pff have all said the same
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2020, 10:21 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Tua came out already. Assume u mean fields. And while it is speculation it’s isn’t unsubstantiated. A ton of scouts including mccshay, lots of the top dogs at pff have all said the same

Sounds like he's not the sharpest tool in the shed.  Stay in school, be a Top 5 pick, and get a guaranteed opportunity to be a starter or come out early as a likely day 2 pick, earn much less on your rookie deal, and possibly never get an opportunity to start.  

His stock was supposed to go up this year, but we all saw how that turned out.  You've got to prove it on the field.  He didn't this year, and there's no guarantee he would next year.

As it stands, he declared because he thought he could edge out Eason and be QB3 and possibly sneak into the first, but Tua and Fromm declared and he is squarely on the outside looking in.
Reply/Quote