Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So....I'm watching the Panthers game
Cam is the king of 5 yard passes and good for him. Why the heck we can't do this is beyond me.

They barely run and are up 21-7 on the Giants (at the Giants) and making it look SO EASY.

When will this team comprehend how much more effective we would be if we do high percentage short passes all the way down the field with an occasional long pass.

Why do we feel so compelled to run when it has not worked well for us and a 5-yard PASS to GIO or Hill or anyone else is TOO EASY and pretty much a guarantee of 5+ yards.
Reply/Quote
Panthers running game runs through their QB. So it poses a totally different threat than what we would with our guys.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 04:34 PM)Whacked Wrote: Cam is the king of 5 yard passes and good for him. Why the heck we can't do this is beyond me.  

They barely run and are up 21-7 on the Giants (at the Giants) and making it look SO EASY.

When will this team comprehend how much more effective we would be if we do high percentage short passes all the way down the field with an occasional long pass.

Why do we feel so compelled to run when it has not worked well for us and a 5-yard PASS to GIO or Hill or anyone else is TOO EASY and pretty much a guarantee of 5+ yards.

you think he has done that all year long? its called a game plan.....
"The Power of life and death is in the tongue"
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 04:34 PM)Whacked Wrote: Cam is the king of 5 yard passes and good for him. Why the heck we can't do this is beyond me.  

Nothing worked with Gio or Hill today, That was the worse performance I've seen from them this year.  Purely pathetic 
Reply/Quote

and they almost lost...
"The Power of life and death is in the tongue"
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 10:09 PM)bengals73 Wrote: Nothing worked with Gio or Hill today, That was the worse performance I've seen from them this year.  Purely pathetic 

it wasn't their fault. there were way to many missed blocking assignments from most of the line!

Reply/Quote

They dumped the ball off to Gio, Hill and Kroft (or at least attempted to) several times. Bowman was all over those plays and they resulted in short or no gains. SF did a good job scouting us and knowing what to anticipate given we were starting a new QB.
Reply/Quote

Did you see the Bengals Game where you live ?......it was a good game......

The Bengals ran a lot in McCarrons first NFL start.....This was not Cam's first NFL start......

The 49ers loaded the box against the run since it was McCarrons first start.  They expected a lot of run plays and so it was.  So the 49ers were right there waiting for the run plays. 

So why didn't we go to all passing. It was McCarrons first start.....

Did Bengals WIN, YES......Did Bengal clinch a play-off spot, YES......are Bengals and Patriots now in the bye week spots at this time, YES......Did McCarron win his first NFL game, YES

Oh, Bengals finish 3-1 against the NFC West.....and can do no worse than 3-1 against AFC West and 4-0 will give them that bye week as we had in 1981 and 1988 Super Bowl years. 

The Bengals O Line and RB's have to take the load off of McCarron.  They just have to....We can't expect him to just pass, pass, pass in his first NFL starts and first play-off game....The O Line and RB's must run at least 50 % of the time and gain yards on the ground to ease the load. They must EARN their paychecks as well. 

Now Cam is probably that teams leading rusher as he has been in the past. That is not the case with McCarron, who did not look all that fast to me on scrambles. The rushing yards must come from our RB's, not our QB.....

Bengals coaches are asking and expecting Gio and Hill to step up and play better than they have this year, and really step it up in the play-offs with no Andy Dalton.  This also means much better run blocking is needed from Whitworth and Company. The message goes out to Whitworth to get his blocking team into play-off gear and kick it up a notch....

Two different games.....two different game plans.....Bengals using a mostly rookie QB in his first NFL game was a way different game plan from the game you watched. 

and if you are suggesting we go back to the Bratkowski offense of Dink, Dink, Dink, and punt....I say no......we have gone 5 straight play-offs since dumping that rinky dink offense. .....McCarron shows the ability to throw the bomb and stretch the field.  You hit those bombs like we did to Collinsworth in 1981, and you stretch the field and get defense out of the run box, an then Gio and Hill have running room. 

Running the ball mostly in McCarrons first start won the game and clinched a play-off spot....It was smart coaching and McCarron did NOT have to carry the entire load. The other players are being asked to step up and earn their paychecks...

Also, Eifert was out the whole game, one of the NFL top TD catchers in 2015....and AJ Green was banged up and came out of the game by coaches to rest him, because we need a more healthy team than all the injuries we had going into Indy last play-offs. 

Bengals have the # 4 offense and the # 2 defense from what CBS showed during game.....We have a Super Bowl Defense...and we have a Super Bowl offense if coaches can coach McCarron up and use the weapons we have on offense. ....I like that he won 2 Championships at Alabama. In his own QB way, he has been a winner in college, and need to coach him up for the play-offs. ....They did not throw the kid to the wolves yesterday and shake his confidence. They are bringing him along by asking more of Gio and Hill than with veteran Dalton. ...By play-offs, McCarron could be more comfortable in the offense to do more.  Hue and Dalton were working with him all game on sidelines, as it should be. 

I think your question was mostly, why are we using running plays at all ?......and my answer is in his first start, they had to, they just had to run the ball more in his first QB start. .....but we WON and clinched the play-offs, show me what was bad about it....as for Fantasy Football numbers, that stuff is garbage and meaningless. ...We are talking trying to get to the Super Bowl here and real football.  
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
You havent watched panthers much Im assuming and then decided to make a thread after your first game
Reply/Quote
Cor the last few years haven't people dogged Dalton for dink and dunk passing and now thats what we want???
[Image: 52393749789596023645410.jpg]
Reply/Quote
To me the Cardinals look like a more complete team than the Panthers. The Giants and the Saints should have beaten the Panthers.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 11:14 AM)Beaker Wrote: They dumped the ball off to Gio, Hill and Kroft (or at least attempted to) several times. Bowman was all over those plays and they resulted in short or no gains. SF did a good job scouting us and knowing what to anticipate given we were starting a new QB.

AJ was staring down those checkdowns and Bowman just read his eyes.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote