Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I'm writing a screenplay...
(10-22-2017, 01:18 PM)McC Wrote: I have to say, I am blown away by the quantity and quality of the ideas in just one day. In a little over 24 hours, this thing is already twice as good as it was yesterday.

My best idea--asking you guys. I am really impressed with the wit and cleverness and appropriate amount of dementedness coming from all directions here. And, by all means keep on with it. Any and all ideas accepted and appreciated.

This would be a pretty good story all on its own--a group of football fans who hardly know each other write devastatingly funny script. It takes a village to raise a good greed and murder tale.

I think we could have a big winner on our hands. Nothing like this has ever been done before.
One of the guys HAS to be killed while posting on these boards. Lol

Also, every character should be named after one of us.

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 12:49 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: A Vietnam vet could also be a character.

Yeah, you could have one of those vets who you think is a badass and has always acted that way, but turns out to be a fake and or a *****.

Right now, I'm envisioning Nick Nolte's character from Tropic Thunder.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 09:22 PM)PhilHos Wrote: One of the guys HAS to be killed while posting on these boards. Lol

Also, every character should be named after one of us.

Hey...I like the hell out of that idea.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
You can kill every single one of them off..... Just don't introduce and immediately kill to many.

You could even end it when the 1 person left finally thinks they have it all to themselves and some stranger shows up and kills them and takes it hahahahaha

Also where you build a guy/girl up to be one thing and they completely blow it or shit happens Like this the Hero he's a badass then he dies quickly.

Like this one of my favorite parts of a movie ever lol...
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 05:20 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: You can kill every single one of them off.....  Just don't introduce and immediately kill to many.

You could even end it when the 1 person left finally thinks they have it all to themselves and some stranger shows up and kills them and takes it hahahahaha

Also where you build a guy/girl up to be one thing and they completely blow it or shit happens   Like this the Hero he's a badass  then he dies quickly.

Like this one of my favorite parts of a movie ever lol...

Thanks for jumping in.

The bolded part is absolutely brilliant.  You have written the ending.  And then to add one more final twist, the stranger, who will be the last person standing, doesn't even know about the money and no one ends up with it.

The more I think about it, the more I love the idea of the whole town wiped out.   That would be absolutely unprecedented.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 05:51 PM)McC Wrote: Thanks for jumping in.

The bolded part is absolutely brilliant.  You have written the ending.  And then to add one more final twist, the stranger, who will be the last person standing, doesn't even know about the money and no one ends up with it.

The more I think about it, the more I love the idea of the whole town wiped out.   That would be absolutely unprecedented.

I like it....
Reply/Quote
In my wildest dreams, I never imagined so many incredible ideas. Rock on, you bad asses.

The story is there. Now, how about some side characters? Populate this town. Can't wait to see what you mad geniuses can come up with.

Reply/Quote
I imagine Dale and Tucker vs. Evil meets The Hateful Eight and those two movies have an illegitimate love child; your manuscript.

Regarding how many deaths before it isn't funny: Everyone dies. Everyone.

When it comes down to the last two characters; one is killed and the other mortally wounded. The wounded character chains the case to their wrist, hops in a car and starts driving until the see the lights of a diner in the distance, pulls into the parking lot, struggles to a booth, inside the diner you got the same basic collection of characters in another BFE town as in the opening scene, before long they realize the stranger with the case is dead and someone asks, "I wonder what's in the case?"

Fade to black.

Rolling Stones Paint It Black plays as the credits roll.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 08:48 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I imagine Dale and Tucker vs. Evil meets The Hateful Eight and those two movies have an illegitimate love child; your manuscript.

When it comes down to the last two characters; one is killed and the other mortally wounded. The wounded character chains the case to their wrist, hops in a car and starts driving until the see the lights of a diner in the distance, pulls into the parking lot, struggles to a booth, inside the diner you got the same basic collection of characters in another BFE town as in the opening scene, before long they realize the stranger with the case is dead and someone asks, "I wonder what's in the case?"

Fade to black.

Holy shit, man.  You have blown my mind.  

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 08:48 AM)McC Wrote: Holy shit, man.  You have blown my mind.  

Yeah, I like that ending as well.  This thing is gaining some traction......I dig.  I hope you can use some of my ideas for side characters....I've been in some small towns, and seen a lot of the types I gave you, lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 09:43 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, I like that ending as well.  This thing is gaining some traction......I dig.  I hope you can use some of my ideas for side characters....I've been in some small towns, and seen a lot of the types I gave you, lol.

I absolutely can.  And you reminded me of something from my childhood.  The little town I grew up in had this guy--Tom Sawyer was his name, yes, his actual name. 

He ran the Boys Club.  Boys, from, oh, five to say, fifteen.  He taught you knot tying, canoeing, bow and arrow, such things.  Had meetings on Saturday afternoon, had a place above the volunteer firehouse.  You get the picture.

You would see him leading his gang of boys around town on their way to one thing or another, all wearing Boys Club  sweatshirts.

So, for our story, we make these kids a roving death squad killing people with bows and arrows, knives and perfectly knotted ropes.

You know, a really great idea is one that not only is great on its own but inspires other ideas.  That's what your great ideas did for me.

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 08:48 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I imagine Dale and Tucker vs. Evil meets The Hateful Eight and those two movies have an illegitimate love child; your manuscript.

Fade to black.

And sets you up perfectly for a sequel lol
Reply/Quote
Wanna run an idea past everyone.

The diner cook gets shoved into the hole and buried alive. Now the diner has no cook.

The owner--her name is Malibu but everyone calls her Mal--takes over the cooking. And she sucks. As all this is going on, she is losing business. She couldn't care less, the found money and all.

The complaining gets out of control. She decides to have a going out of business sale. All you can eat for a dollar.

BTW, I'm setting the population at 500. Feels like the right number. There is a sign on the road into town, which, incidentally is named Philadelphia, New York, population 500. After each death, the number goes down, sometimes one at a time, sometimes a dozen, etc. Running gag.

So, seemingly half the town pigs out on the dollar pig out, stuffing themselves on poisoned food. If anybody knows what poison would be best, tasteless, but acting slowly enough that people make it partway home, dropping dead on the sidewalks and lawns and porches all over town.

Reply/Quote
The little town has Boy Scouts. It also has Boys Club, Scouts without the merit badges. Both hate each other. Both spend a lot of time on archery. But they don't shoot round straw filled archery targets. They shoot stuffed dead animals and plywood cutouts of adult men and women.

Not to be outdone, the Girl Scouts have guns and knives.

Once the action goes full scale, they become three roving death squads. For some reason, they only kill adults. They never kill each other until a Girl Scout shoots at movement in the trees and kills a Boy Scout by mistake. That triggers a full scale war between the three groups in which they don't shoot adults, only each other.

Gradually, the reality builds that these were barely civilized people who were always wanting to kill each other and just need a trigger.

And someone mentioned the idea that there are people out there killing who have no idea there is any money, which is great and will absolutely be used.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 09:58 AM)McC Wrote: I absolutely can.  And you reminded me of something from my childhood.  The little town I grew up in had this guy--Tom Sawyer was his name, yes, his actual name. 

He ran the Boys Club.  Boys, from, oh, five to say, fifteen.  He taught you knot tying, canoeing, bow and arrow, such things.  Had meetings on Saturday afternoon, had a place above the volunteer firehouse.  You get the picture.

You would see him leading his gang of boys around town on their way to one thing or another, all wearing Boys Club  sweatshirts.

So, for our story, we make these kids a roving death squad killing people with bows and arrows, knives and perfectly knotted ropes.

You know, a really great idea is one that not only is great on its own but inspires other ideas.  That's what your great ideas did for me.

:andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I do think it would be funny to have a character who starts killing originally for the money and it trickles into other things.

Have it trigger where he is killing for petty stuff and it just keeps going on like dominoes.

Paper boy, cable guy, salesman, neighbor. Really anyone that annoys the character.

Basically this thing set off a serial killer in the town, and that's as big of a problem as covering up the money.

These could be some classic quick dark comedy scenes that weave in and out of the original story.

This guy could be a dope and nobody takes him seriously... until the end where he kills the last person who annoys him.

The person who played it smart the whole time and had the suitcase last.

Ironically the dope who had no plan ends up with the "treasure".
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Good lord! There's been a lot more posts to this since I chimed in. I was so overwhelmed with the depression of the steeler loss, I totally lost track of the more important shit on this board. I need to catch up and read all this and get the brain moving.

Reply/Quote
In every scene where a murder is taken place, there should be a well hidden but creepy theme going on.

For instance, if there's a murder scene playing out in the woods at night, maybe have a little hand shown on a tree trunk in the background.

In a basement where another murder scene is taking place, have a foot shown in the background.

Every scene, has a different body part shown in the background, well hidden. Once someone finds one and people start talking about it, they will look for more.

Just a little creepy thing thrown in there.

Hell, even if you wanted to make it part of the story, you could turn those little body parts into feral children who end up with the money but use it for bedding in their shack.
Reply/Quote
If anyone is interested, I have the first 36 pages written. Anybody wants to read it, pm me an email address and I can send you a pdf. It's a quick read.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 10:11 AM)McC Wrote: Wanna run an idea past everyone.  

The diner cook gets shoved into the hole and buried alive.  Now the diner has no cook.

The owner--her name is Malibu but everyone calls her Mal--takes over the cooking.  And she sucks.  As all this is going on, she is losing business.  She couldn't care less, the found money and all.

The complaining gets out of control.  She decides to have a going out of business sale.  All you can eat for a dollar.  

BTW, I'm setting the population at 500.  Feels like the right number.  There is a sign on the road into town, which, incidentally is named Philadelphia, New York, population 500.  After each death, the number goes down, sometimes one at a time, sometimes a dozen, etc.  Running gag.

So, seemingly half the town pigs out on the dollar pig out, stuffing themselves on poisoned food.  If anybody knows what poison would be best, tasteless, but acting slowly enough that people make it partway home, dropping dead on the sidewalks and lawns and porches all over town.

Not poisoned food, but poisoned beverages.  Antifreeze in sweet tea, to be exact.  As a going out of business sale, they will obviously be out of certain things, so the beverage options will be sweet tea, water, or coffee.  All you can eat is going to make you need a good amount of beverage to wash it all down.  Coffee and water drinkers wake up the next day, tea drinkers don't!
Reply/Quote