Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, I've stopped drinking
Good weed. No hangovers either.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2015, 10:45 AM)Wyche Wrote: Maybe for some.....my tight circle of party buddies and I are still a tight circle.....we just party by having barbecues, doing kids' events together, going to sporting events with our kids together, vacation together.......it's a different kind of party these days, but it's still great, nonetheless.  Watching all of our children become friends is priceless. ThumbsUp

That is awesome for sure.  My best friend I've known since I was 5yo (not many people can say they've had a friend for more than 35yrs when they're 41).  Love watching our kids hang together.  And my friends wife is my sister best friend, whom I've known for almost as long also.  I love these people and watching our kids grow up together is icing on the cake.

My friend and I still get into stupid guy shit. lol
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2015, 12:23 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Are you aware of what a "fact" is? I don't believe you do.

I stopped smoking, some of my friends stopped drinking, and I have friends that do drugs occasionally and some that used to do drugs all the time (also while we were friends) that have stopped all together.

We're still the same group of friends. Crazy how that's possible since it's a "fact" that my friends should have changed many times at this point, right?

Relax nobody is saying that it's impossible to keep your friends if you quit drinking.  Just depends on if they are actually good friends or not.    I've partied a lot in my days, and have lost touch with many that I used to party with.  My close friends though have always been there.
Reply/Quote
I can relate. I was in the Navy for four years and started to develop a problem. But thankfully I was able to stop before it became anything worse. I mainly just stayed away from the "triggers" for so long. You mentioned its been 5 months. The urges should be gone by now... Mine lasted about a month and a half to two months. Now when I go to parties I just think of all the time I would waste by drinking just one beer. No point. but the key is to stay away from the things that give you the urges (parties, cookouts, and yes, even football) until you are confident you'll be fine with it.

My two cents.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2015, 01:41 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Relax nobody is saying that it's impossible to keep your friends if you quit drinking.  Just depends on if they are actually good friends or not.    I've partied a lot in my days, and have lost touch with many that I used to party with.  My close friends though have always been there.

I'd probably tell the guy that has been a dick on multiple levels in this thread to relax, not me.

I was simply explaining that Mr. Know-It-All should learn what a "fact" is before trying to enlighten somebody with their infinite wisdom.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2015, 03:18 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I can relate. I was in the Navy for four years and started to develop a problem. But thankfully I was able to stop before it became anything worse.

Same here, thank god I got out of the Navy. Tongue
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2015, 03:27 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I'd probably tell the guy that has been a dick on multiple levels in this thread to relax, not me.

I was simply explaining that Mr. Know-It-All should learn what a "fact" is before trying to enlighten somebody with their infinite wisdom.

Well I didn't read Stewys posts, but I'm familiar with him.  He and I were both long term posters on the old board.  And he's always been solid.

I don't really know you that well but you sound like you're going to have a stroke.  (oooh that could be a bumper sticker.)
Reply/Quote
I dont drink nearly as much as i used too... heck ive had a few beers chilling in the fridge since christmas... I still drink. There is no reason to stop completely if you can controll yourself a beer with dinner or friends can still be a good time.

Id say though i dont drink to get drunk anymore... Except maybe bowling night lol...

I still have all my friends from the booze part days though. we do other things that arent just drinking. No reason to lose your friends over what you drink.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2015, 03:35 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Well I didn't read Stewys posts, but I'm familiar with him.  He and I were both long term posters on the old board.  And he's always been solid.

I don't really know you that well but you sound like you're going to have a stroke.  (oooh that could be a bumper sticker.)

So one guy is being an irrational dick, but I'm "having a stroke" because I had a legitimate rebuttal to his post where he acting like an ass, just because you agreed wiith his posts on the old board?

Sounds like sound logic to me! Honestly, if anyone is legitimately worked up physically over anything said on a message board, you should probably stay away from the internet all together. I promise you that I'll never have a stroke due to something said on the interweb ThumbsUp

(06-22-2015, 03:39 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I dont drink nearly as much as i used too...  heck ive had a few beers chilling in the fridge since christmas...  I still drink. There is no reason to stop completely if you can controll yourself a beer with dinner or friends can still be a good time.

Id say though i dont drink to get drunk anymore...  Except maybe bowling night lol...  

I still have all my friends from the booze part days though.  we do other things that arent just drinking.  No reason to lose your friends over what you drink.

Yep, I used to get out of control, but now my drinking is more of a hobby than anything else trying to hunt down rare bottles and having a beer cellar to age things different lengths to see how the taste changes.

I thought about stopping before when I was starting to get really out of control years ago, but then I realized I should just not drink like an asshole anymore and that was that. I don't drink 20 beers in a sitting anymore, but I still drink because I love beer.

I even still hang out with some of my friends that never "grew up" as some like to say that still drink like college freshmen into their 30's, but I just don't do exactly what they're doing at the time. I'm not going to stop hanging out with them because they drink more than I do when we hang out. I don't know why people seem to think that you aren't allowed to keep the same friends if some of you become more "responsible" than the others.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2015, 04:04 PM)djs7685 Wrote: So one guy is being an irrational dick, but I'm "having a stroke" because I had a legitimate rebuttal to his post where he acting like an ass, just because you agreed wiith his posts on the old board?

Sounds like sound logic to me! Honestly, if anyone is legitimately worked up physically over anything said on a message board, you should probably stay away from the internet all together. I promise you that I'll never have a stroke due to something said on the interweb ThumbsUp
You're right.  I'll leave you alone.  It's not that important to me.
Reply/Quote
Congrats on your choice. I slowed my drinking down years ago. I now pretty much only drink when it's business related Which I don't always even with that .... I might drink 10-15 times a year.

I refuse to be one of these guys who has their kids going to get them a beer.
Reply/Quote