Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So...? Pro Bowl
I am a bit confused, will Pacman and Andy Dalton will be added now? Since Carson Palmer has took himself out and Newton will be in SB. Also, Pacman should be in as 7th alternate because there will be 3 corners in the SB. Cedric Peerman may even make it if Matthew Slater takes himself out.

Anyone else excited for Pro Bowl?
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Dalton was ranked 7th in votes (the top 6 made it). Given those top 6 were all in the playoffs, it was almost a guarantee one or two of them would make the Super Bowl (Cam Newton did). Thus, by the numbers, Dalton should be in.

Aaron Rodgers bowed out, replaced by Derek Carr.
Cam Newton is ineligible, replaced by Tyrod Taylor.
Carson Palmer bowed out, replaced by Eli Manning.
Ben Roethlisberger bowed out, replaced likely by Ryan Fitzpatrick, Drew Brees or Kirk Cousins (would be my guess).

There isn't anything official, but I'm guessing the Bengals have deemed Dalton "hurt" and unavailable to be named to the Pro Bowl roster.
Reply/Quote
Stopped caring when they went to this bs they do now.   I miss the AFC vs NFC

I do hope we get more guys in, and I think we should have had a few more this year.
Reply/Quote
I doubt that Andy Dalton plays. I would prefer he didn't. I don't think the NFL would probably let Pacman in after the Steelers game. I think they will pressure him not to go or even not even offer it to him.
Reply/Quote
They've already added Derek Carr and Tyrod Taylor to replace Rogers and Ben so I would assume that Andy turned down the invite in order to completly heal from the thumb injury. they will be adding at least 2 more QBs to replace Newton and Palmer (withdrew due to finger or embarrassment)

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Pro Bowl? Talk about exciti---

[Image: Screen%20shot%202012-01-26%20at%203.50.14%20PM.png]

.... oh. Nevermind. I forgot it's the Pro Bowl, where even the 40/50 yard line bottom sections can't even be full.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The Pro Bowl is just another practice session as players just simulate plays and don't tackle. Owners don't want their million dollar investments injured for nothing you know.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Pacman is in the ProBowl.

According to BleacherReport it's his first one :)
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 05:50 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Anyone else excited for Pro Bowl?

No. It sucks and has for a long time.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Tyrod Taylor was added and I know Dalton was ahead of him, so apparently Dalton isn't available.

Btw, I've said it before, but the fact that Dalton finished 3rd among all players in the fan vote, yet dropped to 6th overall among QBs is a complete joke.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
milkshei Wrote:Pacman is in the ProBowl.

According to BleacherReport it's his first one :)

Jim O confirmed this. Grats to Pac.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 11:24 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: No.  It sucks and has for a long time.

"Hey, it's a game where the best players are playing!.. Except for the abundance of ones who don't want to, or the ones who are even slightly injured, or the ones who play on the two best teams this year since they're getting ready for the Super Bowl."

"So... like your 14th best players, not even trying hard?"

"Yup."

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Jameis Winston added to replace Big Ben. Clearly Dalton wasn't available.
Reply/Quote
I don't think the Pro Bowl means anything any more.

For some guys it means something, like DL and LB and OL. But for QBs? If someone bows out, leave the spot empty.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I hate the Pro Bowl. Do away with it.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 11:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Tyrod Taylor was added and I know Dalton was ahead of him, so apparently Dalton isn't available.

Btw, I've said it before, but the fact that Dalton finished 3rd among all players in the fan vote, yet dropped to 6th overall among QBs is a complete joke.

This is why pro bowls shouldn't be counted when it comes to HOF voting. "Oh this guy made the pro bowl 9 times, so he's got to be great"  Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Every year, half the Pro Bowl participants were guys who weren't originally on the team. They should just name the roster and not play the game. The award is cheapened.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2016, 11:46 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: This is why pro bowls shouldn't be counted when it comes to HOF voting. "Oh this guy made the pro bowl 9 times, so he's got to be great"  Mellow

Well years ago, the Pro Bowl voting used to more reliable. So many players drop out now, and it seems that coaches and players just vote for familiar names (say...Roethlisberger) over more deserving candidates. Players don't take it seriously at all and owners don't want their huge investments risking injury in an exhibition game.

They should scrap the game completely and just make it an award. That way you don't have 9th alternate QBs and 10th alternate WRs getting a "Pro Bowl" on their resume. Nobody cares about the game anyway, it's just the NFL trying to eke out a few more bucks.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Should make it meaningful like MLB. AFC vs NFC. Winner gets home field in the next Super Bowl. That is thd only way to fix the pro bowl. Or really increase the money they get for playing in it and winning it.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2016, 04:20 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Should make it meaningful like MLB. AFC vs NFC. Winner gets home field in the next Super Bowl. That is thd only way to fix the pro bowl. Or really increase the money they get for playing in it and winning it.

If the only way to fix the pro bowl is to make the players try hard, there's no fixing the pro bowl.

Simply can't do it in a sport where more injuries occur than basically any other.
Reply/Quote