Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So.... Question from last week..
After watching a patchwork offensive line made up of rookies and a guy who has been here all of a minute, watching our receivers make outstanding catches and fighting for more yards instead of going down, watching Vonn Bell catch and interception, get it taken away, catch another one on the next play, Special Teams coming out an flat out hustling, not to mention Burrow being Burrow, I have a question. Anyone watch this game today and still think Taylor has lost the locker room????
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 11:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: After watching a patchwork offensive line made up of rookies and a guy who has been here all of a minute, watching our receivers make outstanding catches and fighting for more yards instead of going down, watching Vonn Bell catch and interception, get it taken away, catch another one on the next play, Special Teams coming out an flat out hustling, not to mention Burrow being Burrow, I have a question. Anyone watch this game today and still think Taylor has lost the locker room????

I think the way everyone came to his defense last week answered that question. 
Reply/Quote
I’d start to question that when Burrow doesn’t directly answer that kind if question.
Reply/Quote
A game like this will further strengthen the locker room behind Zack. Burrow stood up for him last week, and that was enough for me to know he didnt lose it. Gio, AJ and Boyd have all spoke out in his favor as well. I think the locker room is fine especially without Dunlap in it. They will build off this even if they lose to the Steelers
Reply/Quote
I think Zach may of earned another year.... has 4 winnable games also coming up.

His Coordinators need to be under fire however
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
I've stood behind Taylor based soley on what he's done with the offense and Burrow. Lou is the one on the hot seat in my mind. Jim Turner is out of the hot seat a bit though. Nice to see special team winning as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I’ll get back to you after our next 3 game losing streak.
Reply/Quote
The thing that really concerns me is that this patchwork Oline has looked a million times better than the unit that started the year... so what does that say about this coaching staff’s ability to evaluate talent?
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 02:19 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: The thing that really concerns me is that this patchwork Oline has looked a million times better than the unit that started the year... so what does that say about this coaching staff’s ability to evaluate talent?

It means that they played a team that is piss poor at rushing the passer. The offensive line looked great against Jacksonville, who is currently the worst team at rushing the passer. Tennessee is #30. If this line comes up and looks wonderful against Pittsburgh, then this is a necessary conversation but right now it is a case of surprising play vs a very poor pass rushing defense.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 02:38 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: It means that they played a team that is piss poor at rushing the passer. The offensive line looked great against Jacksonville, who is currently the worst team at rushing the passer. Tennessee is #30. If this line comes up and looks wonderful against Pittsburgh, then this is a necessary conversation but right now it is a case of surprising play vs a very poor pass rushing defense.

Good point and they will have 2weeks to prepare. Right now we have 2 weeks to enjoy a win over a 5-1 team. But when we play Pittsburg, this OL has got to nut up and execute.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 02:19 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: The thing that really concerns me is that this patchwork Oline has looked a million times better than the unit that started the year... so what does that say about this coaching staff’s ability to evaluate talent?

I think the improvement was as much a reflection on the opposition's D as it was on the O-line, but if we go with it being an improvement it says their ability to evaluate talent is pretty good as they picked up Adeniji in the 6th round and Fred Johnson was a UDFA waiver wire pick-up.

It also reflects well on their ability to develop talent - remember this is with no OTAs, no pre-season games - if they can get a 2nd year UDFA and a 6th round rookie ready to start by week 8.

Can't read too much into Spain at guard as he wasn't on the roster. Whilst Redmond was on the roster he was unable to practice until cut-down week.
Reply/Quote

They brought in the replacements, didn't they?
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 12:35 AM)QueenCity Wrote: I think Zach may of earned another year.... has 4 winnable games also coming up.

His Coordinators need to be under fire however

I don't believe Callahan is under fire. He is drawing up the offense (along with Zac) and Zac is calling the plays. The offense is humming. I don't believe Simmons is on any kind of warm seat either, he is one of the best ST coaches in the league and the Browns know it. Now Lou... he might be under intense scrutiny if the defense does not improve.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 08:24 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Good point and they will have 2weeks to prepare. Right now we have 2 weeks to enjoy a win over a 5-1 team. But when we play Pittsburg, this OL has got to nut up and execute.

Bingo. And I don’t want to downplay the victory one bit; I am thrilled that Cincinnati did that to Tennessee and that is a very good team. They made it to the AFC Championship game for goodness sakes. With all this talk about how wonderful the line looked, though, you have to have some context.

I really hope they do play like that against Pittsburgh, because this offense is dangerous if Burrow is protected.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 11:38 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Bingo. And I don’t want to downplay the victory one bit; I am thrilled that Cincinnati did that to Tennessee and that is a very good team. They made it to the AFC Championship game for goodness sakes. With all this talk about how wonderful the line looked, though, you have to have some context.

I really hope they do play like that against Pittsburgh, because this offense is dangerous if Burrow is protected.

Right, and it needs mentioned that the plan all week, according to Burrow, is that they wanted the ball out quickly with the patchwork line. Joe did just that. They'll need more of that in Pittsburgh, regardless of who's starting up front.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 12:01 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Right, and it needs mentioned that the plan all week, according to Burrow, is that they wanted the ball out quickly with the patchwork line. Joe did just that. They'll need more of that in Pittsburgh, regardless of who's starting up front.

Exactly. Pittsburgh is just a different animal.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 12:09 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Exactly. Pittsburgh is just a different animal.

4 sacks against the Ravens yesterday...

Reply/Quote
The difference is a bad rushing defense and quick passes. I don’t expect much in the Pitt game, but if it looks better than Philly or Baltimore that will be an improvement.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 12:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 4 sacks against the Ravens yesterday...

I hope that Jonah is back for that game. Adeniji or FJ are likely going to be at RT with Hart being out. TJ Watt plays almost exclusively over the RT iirc, there is probably going to be a lot of TE/RB help on that side and just have Jonah singled up on the other side. I think that is Dupree.

Pittsburgh also blitzes a significant amount, so C is going to be super important as they help identify blitzes with Joe.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 12:01 PM)Wyche Wrote: Right, and it needs mentioned that the plan all week, according to Burrow, is that they wanted the ball out quickly with the patchwork line. Joe did just that. They'll need more of that in Pittsburgh, regardless of who's starting up front.

Yes they did. However, quite a few longer passes so the line did an incredible job and keeping him upright in those times, in addition to Joe feel of the pocket and knowing when to roll out or step up. Dude has one hellova pocket presence.

Reply/Quote