Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So That Laroy McDonald Signing
(09-15-2019, 07:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No they wouldn’t. The Phins are reportedly looking for a 1st.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27618819/sources-fins-want-1st-rounder-db-fitzpatrick

Reportedly.

Maybe you didn't understand that it isn't about whether Miami would take the deal, just that we were actually attempting to make the move.

Just like you are saying that the Phins are reportedly looking for a 1st, there should be some chatter with us making a counter offer.  Which is why the Phins are looking for a 1st.  They may be willing to take a 2nd and a player (especially one that is solid, like Williams is).  The 1st rounder is a way to start the talks, maybe they get lucky and get that deal.  However if not then they will either have to keep Fitz or be willing to accept a 2nd rounder.

As much as I think Fitz is an upgrade, I wouldn't trade a 1st for him, but I would make sure that they knew a 2nd and a solid player is available should they not get what they are asking for.
Reply/Quote
Who the hell is Laroy McDonald?  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 08:00 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Who the hell is Laroy McDonald?  Ninja

Ronald's brother from East St Louis?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 08:00 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Who the hell is Laroy McDonald?  Ninja

Pretty sure he played for the Calgary Flames in the 80’s...

Reply/Quote
all the bums in here saying we are fine at linebacker this is what u get. the niners know who we have at that position and so they ran it down our throats and used misdirection to just expose vigil and brown. play after play they both were in no mans land. they are garbage. been saying since before the draft last season etc and we did nothing for it. every team is going to run down our throat to open everything else up. plus when u really dont draft one starter from the draft but ur first pick this is what u put on the field. team needs to sell
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 08:00 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: Reportedly.

Maybe you didn't understand that it isn't about whether Miami would take the deal, just that we were actually attempting to make the move.

Just like you are saying that the Phins are reportedly looking for a 1st, there should be some chatter with us making a counter offer.  Which is why the Phins are looking for a 1st.  They may be willing to take a 2nd and a player (especially one that is solid, like Williams is).  The 1st rounder is a way to start the talks, maybe they get lucky and get that deal.  However if not then they will either have to keep Fitz or be willing to accept a 2nd rounder.

As much as I think Fitz is an upgrade, I wouldn't trade a 1st for him, but I would make sure that they knew a 2nd and a solid player is available should they not get what they are asking for.

Unless he can play OL, LB, or QB I’m not trading for him period.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 08:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Unless he can play OL, LB, or QB I’m not trading for him period.

OK, which LB or OL is available for trade?  What would you give for them? 

As to QB, Dalton is fine.  Maybe give him the OLine that Mixon needs and he would be performing better.  You give Mixon a pass and blame the OLine when he struggles, but then claim our QB is terrible when he has the same OLine?  Stay consistent here.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 08:17 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: OK, which LB or OL is available for trade?  What would you give for them? 

As to QB, Dalton is fine.  Maybe give him the OLine that Mixon needs and he would be performing better.  You give Mixon a pass and blame the OLine when he struggles, but then claim our QB is terrible when he has the same OLine?  Stay consistent here.

I never said there was anyone to trade for. I just said I wouldn’t trade a 1st for a DB.

And Dalton is not fine. The sooner we move on the better. But I’m sure we’re stuck with him another year at least.

What you and many fans don’t seem to realize (or won’t admit) is we need to rebuild the OL AND upgrade at QB. It’s not one or the other. We need to do both.

When both guys behind your 9 year veteran QB look more poised and effective than he does that’s a problem. Idc if it was against backups. Dalton’s pocket presence is abysmal.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 08:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I never said there was anyone to trade for. I just said I wouldn’t trade a 1st for a DB.

And Dalton is not fine. The sooner we move on the better. But I’m sure we’re stuck with him another year at least.

What you and many fans don’t seem to realize (or won’t admit) is we need to rebuild the OL AND upgrade at QB. It’s not one or the other. We need to do both.

I never said trade a first.  I have even stated that I wouldn't trade for a 1st.  I keep stating that we should offer a 2nd round pick and even throw in a player (or 2).  I also don't care if Miami takes the offer, at least make the offer.

Actually what we realize is that Dalton is fine.  You just don't like him because the media doesn't call him "electric" or "dynamic", you prefer your QBs to be like Lamar Jackson, I don't.  What you don't understand is that if the same line is why Mixon has failed to produce, then that line is to blame for Dalton's failures.  Maybe we need to rebuild the OL and upgrade at RB?  Dalton has outperformed Mixon with this OLine.  Yet you love you some Mixon while "hating" (not that you hate Dalton, you just think he isn't any good) on Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 08:32 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: I never said trade a first.  I have even stated that I wouldn't trade for a 1st.  I keep stating that we should offer a 2nd round pick and even throw in a player (or 2).  I also don't care if Miami takes the offer, at least make the offer.

Actually what we realize is that Dalton is fine.  You just don't like him because the media doesn't call him "electric" or "dynamic", you prefer your QBs to be like Lamar Jackson, I don't.  What you don't understand is that if the same line is why Mixon has failed to produce, then that line is to blame for Dalton's failures.  Maybe we need to rebuild the OL and upgrade at RB?  Dalton has outperformed Mixon with this OLine.  Yet you love you some Mixon while "hating" (not that you hate Dalton, you just think he isn't any good) on Dalton.

Idk why you keep bringing up Mixon, but he’s sucked as much as anyone else so far this year. He did lead the conference in rushing last year behind an atrocious OL though, so I’m not sure what point you think you’re making...

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 08:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk why you keep bringing up Mixon, but he’s sucked as much as anyone else so far this year. He did lead the conference in rushing last year behind an atrocious OL though, so I’m not sure what point you think you’re making...

Yeah his whopping 1168 yards last year was so dominant.  I guess I am the kinda guy that thinks a RB should get 1200 yards before crowning him.  It was a down year for all RBs in the AFC, but Mixon was still the best among them, so he must be great, I suppose.

I bring up Mixon because you seem to think that of all the problems we have, RB isn't one of them.  You just said that you would rebuild the OLine and upgrade the QB.  However that doesn't make any sense.  If Dalton is this good behind this OLine, imagine what he could do behind the OLine that Mixon needs to be good.  Why trash the player that is performing and keep the underwhelming player?  Only someone that buys into the hype could be one player and hate another.  
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 08:48 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: Yeah his whopping 1168 yards last year was so dominant.  I guess I am the kinda guy that thinks a RB should get 1200 yards before crowning him.  It was a down year for all RBs in the AFC, but Mixon was still the best among them, so he must be great, I suppose.

I bring up Mixon because you seem to think that of all the problems we have, RB isn't one of them.  You just said that you would rebuild the OLine and upgrade the QB.  However that doesn't make any sense.  If Dalton is this good behind this OLine, imagine what he could do behind the OLine that Mixon needs to be good.  Why trash the player that is performing and keep the underwhelming player?  Only someone that buys into the hype could be one player and hate another.  

Sleep well in your #14 jersey tonight, my man.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 08:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sleep well in your #14 jersey tonight, my man.

I will.  You sleep well dreaming of overly hyped QBs and a pedestrian RB.  Wear that #28 proudly knowing that for 1 season 1168 was good enough for the conference rushing title.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 08:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I never said there was anyone to trade for. I just said I wouldn’t trade a 1st for a DB.

When both guys behind your 9 year veteran QB look more poised and effective than he does that’s a problem. Idc if it was against backups. Dalton’s pocket presence is abysmal.

He's getting a whole lot of yards between the 20s like he's known to do but he's not doing anything to get them in the end zone and he's not doing anything in the 2nd half. Jimmy G looked so many light years ahead of him it's not even funny. Every year more and more young guys come in the league and play and look better than he does and every year he does just enough to keep his supporters sure that the big turnaround is just around the corner. "if this" "if that"...

All that bullshit talk about how he and Taylor are so much alike and have so much in common and the way he just wants to go out and "have fun" but doesn't show any kind of burning desire to be great or win a championship...just pisses me off more and more every game. Yeah, go on home to your family after another bad loss and tell me how that keeps it all in perspective and it's just a game. Ok...if it's just a game, i think i'll **** off and do something else with MY time and you can eventually play in front of an empty stadium.

He folds late in drives. He folds late in games and he folds late in seasons, more often than not. NOT ALWAYS, for any of you Dalton supporters out there. Just more often than not. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 08:56 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: I will.  You sleep well dreaming of overly hyped QBs and a pedestrian RB.  Wear that #28 proudly knowing that for 1 season 1168 was good enough for the conference rushing title.

Lol where are you getting this notion I’m some Mixon super fan? My favorite player is hands down AJ Green, and it’s quite clear we suck without him. Or is he “pedestrian” as well?

I do think it’s funny you’re downplaying Mixon leading the AFC in rushing though. If Dalton led the conference in anything other than batted down balls you’d be building him a statue.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 09:02 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He's getting a whole lot of yards between the 20s like he's known to do but he's not doing anything to get them in the end zone and he's not doing anything in the 2nd half. Jimmy G looked so many light years ahead of him it's not even funny. Every year more and more young guys come in the league and play and look better than he does and every year he does just enough to keep his supporters sure that the big turnaround is just around the corner. "if this" "if that"...

All that bullshit talk about how he and Taylor are so much alike and have so much in common and the way he just wants to go out and "have fun" but doesn't show any kind of burning desire to be great or win a championship...just pisses me off more and more every game. 

He folds late in drives. He folds late in games and he folds late in seasons, more often than not. NOT ALWAYS, for any of you Dalton supporters out there. Just more often than not. 

Well said, man. We can only keep bringing up 2015 or his winning record as a starter so long. A lot of these young QBs are passing him by.

Reply/Quote
Mixon will be on the Patriots or Raiders in a Year or two anyways.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 09:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well said, man. We can only keep bringing up 2015 or his winning record as a starter so long. A lot of these young QBs are passing him by.

Yeah. He's had 8 years and 2 games to show something. But that magical turnaround is just around the bend...

Any minute now...

Don't blink cause you'll be mad if you miss it...

Any second now...

Mellow

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 09:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Lol where are you getting this notion I’m some Mixon super fan? My favorite player is hands down AJ Green, and it’s quite clear we suck without him. Or is he “pedestrian” as well?

I do think it’s funny you’re downplaying Mixon leading the AFC in rushing though. If Dalton led the conference in anything other than batted down balls you’d be building him a statue.

Yeah, just throw out another player.  Deflect on Mixon and your support for him.  If Dalton lead the AFC while under performing I would call him out for it.  You see, unlike you, I don't give Dalton all credit, just don't think we "need" a QB like you do.  I am saying that if we "need" a QB then we definitely "need" a RB.  If the OLine is bad for Mixon then it can't be any good for Dalton. 

Based off of this terrible OLine, Dalton has outperformed Mixon.  Yet I didn't see RB on that list.  I did see QB though.  Dalton has 729 yards in 2 games behind this terrible OLine (we agree on this being a bad OLine), but Mixon hasn't even cracked 100 yards, he has 27, oh receiving that is a whopping 17.  So on the year Mixon has a total of 44 yards, but you didn't list RB as a position you would trade for, but Dalton has performed behind this same OLine, by a much larger margin (even without his top guy) and you list him as needing an upgrade.  The mental gymnastics isn't even dazzling at this point.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 09:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well said, man. We can only keep bringing up 2015 or his winning record as a starter so long. A lot of these young QBs are passing him by.

Homie's "winning record" has taken a bit of a hit in the last 3+ years. 

18-26-1

Mellow

Reply/Quote