Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
So, Trump is a racist alright.
I used to think I am more careful about those words than others... but this was too much. Telling Congresswomen with non-English, non-white sounding names to better go back where they came from does the trick for me.

Especially seeing it in combination with all the other things he already said and did that were at least borderline racist as well. All the comments about Mexicans come to mind.

I wonder if someone would disagree with my assessment.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Yea, that was pretty blatant haha.

Luckily, Fox and Friends were around to tell us he was simply "feeling very comedic today."
I tend not to call people racist, but rather the things they say or do. That being said, what Trump put out on Twitter was undeniably racist. Especially when you consider that most of the women he was referring to are native born Americans, if he was referring to "The Squad," as most outlets are reporting. The one who wasn't born here was raised here from the age of 10 as a refugee from Somalia.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-15-2019, 07:43 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Yea, that was pretty blatant haha.

Glad you can laugh about it.
I'm sad though. As a foreigner, I used to like the US very much. The stars and stripes were a symbol of hope for a better humankind. These days, I see this flag and start feeling disgust. It really hurts.

(07-15-2019, 07:43 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Luckily, Fox and Friends were around to tell us he was simply "feeling very comedic today."

They did? Some folks really know no values or honor.
This is so effing sad.
(07-15-2019, 08:23 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I tend not to call people racist, but rather the things they say or do.

Same here - up to a point. That point is reached. Who does and says borderline (or in this case openly) racist things on a regular basis finally deserves to be called a racist. I didn't call Trump a racist before, but now I do and see nothing wrong with it.

Sad thing is, to me it seems like pandering to a huge portion of the public who just loves it. Seems like the US I knew are dying.
(07-15-2019, 08:30 AM)hollodero Wrote: Glad you can laugh about it.
I'm sad though. As a foreigner, I used to like the US very much. The stars and stripes were a symbol of hope for a better humankind. These days, I see this flag and start feeling disgust. It really hurts.

I laugh to prevent crying, I guess. 

I'm definitely not proud of my country right now. 2020 will either return my faith in my fellow citizens or it will drive me deeper into this cynical, depressed state of awareness of the sheer volume of hateful people that walk among us every day...

Quote:They did? Some folks really know no values or honor.

This is so effing sad.

Yea. I checked Fox News' youtube channel to get the clip, but it doesn't look like they even posted it (granted, that may be for a variety of reasons). But the tweet in this article captures the exchange:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/fox-news-delighted-in-trumps-racist-tweet-858752/
(07-15-2019, 08:42 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I laugh to prevent crying, I guess. 

Yeah I get that.
I also know how it feels to not be proud of one's country. Mine sure isn't better, we have the same amount of hateful people around. I guess when 50% do not vote because they are indifferent to everything, the smaller hateful portion of the public gets a bigger say though. I still have hope and the US remains the greatest country - but a Trump reelection would certainly destroy that for me for good.

It's not just Trump that makes this so sad - it's this whole indifference. And the silence of conservatives, politicians and voters.

Just waiting for the "I'd rather be a racist than a democrat" T-shirts.

(07-15-2019, 08:42 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Yea. I checked Fox News' youtube channel to get the clip, but it doesn't look like they even posted it (granted, that may be for a variety of reasons). But the tweet in this article captures the exchange:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/fox-news-delighted-in-trumps-racist-tweet-858752/

Thanks.
Also, amazing. There's an origin for that cancer and it's FOX and other right-wing outlets.
Arguably the worst tweet of his presidency, and there's been some really bad ones.

Not sure how anyone can begin to defend this one, especially after he doubled down on it.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

The question now is, what does this change? The answer is probably nothing. When you realize that, you realize it's a pretty sad state of affairs for the country.
(07-15-2019, 09:52 AM)Au165 Wrote: The question now is, what does this change? The answer is probably nothing. When you realize that, you realize it's a pretty sad state of affairs for the country.

There will always be people in America like this.

Voters voting for this type of person for POTUS (and defending him and attacking those who don't agree with this as having some sort of made up syndrome) is what makes it a pretty sad state of affairs for a country we thought had come so far in recent decades.

I'm sure the regular crew will be in here with an all out defense. Well they won't defend, they'll find something or someone (board member) to question or attack to change the subject. Anything to avoid criticizing Trump.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
I swear to god, the past 3 years of Trump and his tweets has been a constant cycle of "Well it can't get any worse than this", and then it does.
The worst part about this is that it shouldn't be surprising. Trump has a long history of racial discrimination.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
#silenceequalscompliance

It's been that way for those slave owners who claimed they weren't racist because they "treated their slaves good". Christian churches who went out and preached Christianity to the slaves, and blacks during the civil rights era of the 70's but refused to let them in their churches until after Jim Crow laws ended.

It's been that way for those Nazi's who agreed with the one race plan, but claimed they weren't bad people because they never gassed the Jews themselves.

It's that way for Trump supporters who claim they aren't racist but applaud, support, and voted for this type of person.

(07-15-2019, 10:47 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: The worst part about this is that it shouldn't be surprising. Trump has a long history of racial discrimination.

Well, as we've seen from discussions about this in the past, some (or, perhaps, most) Republicans think racism only exists in its explicit form. And Trump, technically, has never said "I hate minorities," so how could he possibly be racist?
(07-15-2019, 09:24 AM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah I get that.
I also know how it feels to not be proud of one's country. Mine sure isn't better, we have the same amount of hateful people around. I guess when 50% do not vote because they are indifferent to everything, the smaller hateful portion of the public gets a bigger say though. I still have hope and the US remains the greatest country - but a Trump reelection would certainly destroy that for me for good.

It's not just Trump that makes this so sad - it's this whole indifference. And the silence of conservatives, politicians and voters.

Just waiting for the "I'd rather be a racist than a democrat" T-shirts.

Thanks.
Also, amazing. There's an origin for that cancer and it's FOX and other right-wing outlets.

Yea. I mean, maybe it's a step too far to say that supporting a racist means you're racist...but there is something to be said about not caring that the person you support is a racist...And Trump has pushed that conversation to its extreme point during his presidency, with this set of tweets being kind of his pièce de résistance.
(07-15-2019, 10:47 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: The worst part about this is that it shouldn't be surprising. Trump has a long history of racial discrimination.

(07-15-2019, 10:53 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Well, as we've seen from discussions about this in the past, some (or, perhaps, most) Republicans think racism only exists in its explicit form. And Trump, technically, has never said "I hate minorities," so how could he possibly be racist?

I commented on something this morning along those lines.

Those who say Trump was never accused of being racist before he ran for President even though he was...do they think this tweet came out of nowhere or do they just not believe even THIS is racist?

The beauty of Trump is he is so surrounded by people who tell him he is right and doing everything perfectly that all of those awful things he says and does only get amplified when he goes on one of his rants.

It was just a matter of time until he finally just came out and said it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
It's also important to note that Trump spent his whole campaign slamming this country and all the things he hated about it (his slogan itself meant America wasn't great at the time he ran for Presidency). So can you not criticize the country or want better if you are a minority? Only certain racial groups can? Is this the lesson Trump supporters want learned?

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/453063-gop-lawmaker-trumps-tweets-obviously-not-racist

My state's lone GOP member of Congress defended Trump on the Baltimore NBC affiliate news program by saying the tweet "obviously not racist" and "clearly not a racist comment" because Trump probably meant district or neighborhood not countries (even though he said countries).

(07-15-2019, 11:47 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: https://thehill.com/homenews/house/453063-gop-lawmaker-trumps-tweets-obviously-not-racist

My state's lone GOP member of Congress defended Trump on the Baltimore NBC affiliate news program by saying the tweet "obviously not racist" and "clearly not a racist comment" because Trump probably meant district or neighborhood not countries (even though he said countries).

Someone said Sunday that Trump added "then come back" so clearly this wasn't racist.

Also, Trump wants an apology.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Trump doubled down by quoting Lindsey Graham as saying those women are communist, anti American, and anti-semitic. He then called them all racist.