Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
So, Trump is a racist alright.
(07-22-2019, 03:44 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Ignore his pathetic trolling. 

Well as long as we don't make it personal.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-22-2019, 03:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: It's not a paraphrase.  He said "Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came".  Unless you are playing the He said "why don't they" so he was just asking not saying they should...in which case that is first class trolling.

How does one "return" if they never went "anywhere"?

This is how.

[Image: m%C3%B6bius-strip.gif]
(07-22-2019, 04:11 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The praise for Trump "condemning" the chant was premature. Friday he was asked about the chant he said he was "unhappy" with and if he'd take the tweet back. His response:

“You know what I’m unhappy with? I’m unhappy with the fact that a congresswoman can hate our country. I’m unhappy with the fact that a congresswoman can say anti-Semitic things. I’m unhappy with the fact that a congresswoman — in this case, a different congresswoman — can call our country, and our people, garbage. That’s what I’m unhappy with. Those people in North Carolina, that stadium was packed. It was a record crowd and I could’ve filled it 10 times, as you know. Those are incredible people, those are incredible patriots. But I’m unhappy when a congresswoman goes and says, ‘I’m going to be the president’s nightmare.’ She’s going to be the president’s nightmare. She’s lucky to be where she is, let me tell you. And the things she has said are a disgrace to our country.”

CNN took the time to fact check a few of his comments regarding garbage (AOC) as well as one not mentioned here regarding Evil Jews (Omar), if anyone is interested.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/19/politics/fact-check-trump-aoc-garbage-omar-jews/index.html
(07-22-2019, 04:14 PM)Dill Wrote: This is how.

[Image: m%C3%B6bius-strip.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d36110e4e46543259...=giphy.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-22-2019, 04:17 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: CNN took the time to fact check a few of his comments regarding garbage (AOC) as well as one not mentioned here regarding Evil Jews (Omar), if anyone is interested.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/19/politics/fact-check-trump-aoc-garbage-omar-jews/index.html

The problem is in their mind this is all fake news, and what Trump and Hannity say is fact.

I used to feel bad for them for getting conned, but the more I've debated them over the years, the more I realize they are willfully conned, and don't even want to be educated.

That's why the video's of what Trump and Fox slamming Obama for "doing" (which he wasn't ie: kissing up to Kim) vs how they are reacting to Trump who is actually doing these things are so popular. You'd think if Trump supporters and Fox News viewers saw these they'd see how simpleminded they are being treated.

But you've got to demand more for yourself. As long as you keep buying the snake oil.... You know the saying. Fool me once, on you, fool me 500,000 times and well.....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(07-22-2019, 04:45 PM)jj22 Wrote: The problem is in their mind this is all fake news, and what Trump and Hannity say is fact.

I used to feel bad for them for getting conned, but the more I've debated them over the years, the more I realize they are willfully conned, and don't even want to be educated.

That's why the video's of what Trump and Fox slamming Obama for "doing" (which he wasn't ie: kissing up to Kim) vs how they are reacting to Trump who is actually doing these things are so popular. You'd think if Trump supporters and Fox News viewers saw these they'd see how simpleminded they are being treated.

But you've got to demand more for yourself. As long as you keep buying the snake oil.... You know the saying. Fool me once, on you, fool me 500,000 times and well.....

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

It's something I struggle with because my default mode is to try and convince and discuss with people their positions and why I disagree with them in the hopes of changing their minds. But changing minds is....incredibly difficult. Almost impossible. I do feel bad for many Republican voters in a way, but at the end of the day, you can't compel them to see things the way you do. You basically just have to outnumber them until their views are so ancient and outside of the overton window that they basically have to give them up. That sounds more authoritarian that it seems, but it really is just a matter of time changing people's beliefs, as a general sentiment.

I know racism is still prevalent in today's culture, but it has gotten a little better with each generation. Hopefully, Trumpism is a bump in the road and not a backtrack...But every generation has been more progressive than the last. I don't expect that trend to halt now. I guess we'll find out in 2020.
(07-22-2019, 04:17 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: CNN took the time to fact check a few of his comments regarding garbage (AOC) as well as one not mentioned here regarding Evil Jews (Omar), if anyone is interested.

LOL Spewing hatred at all of us:

Given that society has "strayed so far away from what has really made us powerful and just and good and equitable and productive," she said, "moderate" policies are insufficient."I think all of these things sound radical compared to where we are. But where we are is not a good thing. This idea of 10% better from garbage shouldn't be what we settle for. It feels like moderate is not a stance, it's just an attitude toward life of like, 'meh,' "

"The Left's" hidden agenda is completely revealed, though--making us "powerful and just and good and equitable and productive."

So "where we are"--AMERICA!--is "not a good thing"?   Yes, she just said it right there. 

And our 100% American policies are only 10% better than "garbage"?  If you are 100% for American then you should be 100% for American policies.

Personally attacking moderates is a "far left" tactic.  

Send her back . . . to Venezuela.
(07-22-2019, 04:45 PM)jj22 Wrote: The problem is in their mind this is all fake news, and what Trump and Hannity say is fact.

I don't think they are willfully conned. But you are heading down the right street here. The hyper-skepticism with regard to MSM and gullibility vis a vis Fox is the tip of the iceberg.  Instead of seeing the contradiction in policy you point out, they've learned to see you pointing it out as more evidence of Trump hate.

(07-22-2019, 04:45 PM)jj22 Wrote: But you've got to demand more for yourself. As long as you keep buying the snake oil.... You know the saying. Fool me once, on you, fool me 500,000 times and well.....
Saying has changed . . .

[Image: We-Wont-Get-Fooled-Again-George-Bush-Hil...n-copy.png]
(07-22-2019, 02:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not to you.

Not to anyone with common sense or who has critical thinking skills.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-22-2019, 09:14 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Not to anyone with common sense or who has critical thinking skills.

OK. 

I'm going to lay this here so those who don't care if Trump is racist/horrible human being or not because they voted for his "policies" can discuss it.

(07-25-2019, 01:54 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'm going to lay this here so those who don't care if Trump is racist/horrible human being or not because they voted for his "policies" can discuss it.

Er, Dino. Did you assume Trump supporters would not back this?
(07-25-2019, 01:54 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'm going to lay this here so those who don't care if Trump is racist/horrible human being or not because they voted for his "policies" can discuss it.

Well hell that changes the game entiy. He clearly is a racist.

(07-25-2019, 08:11 PM)Dill Wrote: Er, Dino. Did you assume Trump supporters would not back this?

lol....of course they are glad he pays lip service to stuff they hate but won't actually do anything.

(07-25-2019, 08:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well hell that changes the game entiy. He clearly is a racist.

Do you support the policy?  

Besides you didn't vote for trump and your not a trump supporter.   Mellow
(07-26-2019, 09:26 AM)GMDino Wrote: Do you support the policy?  

Besides you didn't vote for trump and your not a trump supporter.   Mellow

Of course not. Something needs to be done about the cost of prescription drugs. bfine's #1 suggestion: Medical marijuana for everyone. I just found this an odd landing place.

(07-26-2019, 11:06 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course not. Something needs to be done about the cost of prescription drugs. bfine's #1 suggestion: Medical marijuana for everyone. I just found this an odd landing place.

I explained why I didn't start a shiny new thread for it.  Some folks say people don't like that Trump *might* be racist but like his policies.  This is one he has not followed up on that his party is glad he isn't doing anything about.
So is this Racist!?

Quote:Rep, Elijah Cummings has been a brutal bully, shouting and screaming at the great men & women of Border Patrol about conditions at the Southern Border, when actually his Baltimore district is FAR WORSE and more dangerous. His district is considered the Worst in the USA......

(07-29-2019, 12:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So is this Racist!?

Not necessarily.  Trump's pattern of mostly saying these things to minority members of congress, combined with his long history of race-baiting statements, doesn't give him a lot of wiggle room.

Obviously DJT was just lashing out at an "enemy" who dares to question and do their job over oversight so I don't think it the intent was racist.  He just prefers to use racist type language which gets him in trouble based on his past.

The reason I think DJT is racist is because he said racist things as recently as a month ago and is now accusing minorities of being racist.
(07-29-2019, 12:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So is this Racist!?

I don't see any mention of racist tropes being employed, so no.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-29-2019, 12:27 PM)GMDino Wrote: Not necessarily.  Trump's pattern of mostly saying these things to minority members of congress, combined with his long history of race-baiting statements, doesn't give him a lot of wiggle room.

Obviously DJT was just lashing out at an "enemy" who dares to question and do their job over oversight so I don't think it the intent was racist.  He just prefers to use racist type language which gets him in trouble based on his past.

The reason I think DJT is racist is because he said racist things as recently as a month ago and is now accusing minorities of being racist.

Belsnickle Wrote:I don't see any mention of racist tropes being employed, so no.

And I think those members of Congress classifying the comments as racist are doing themselves no favors; eventually it just becomes white noise (pun intended)