Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Trump?
(02-24-2016, 02:36 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Any parent.  Your parent is a citizen, you are a citizen.

So how can that jibe with your parents are illegals but you're an American since you were born here?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(02-24-2016, 02:45 PM)McC Wrote: So how can that jibe with your parents are illegals but you're an American since you were born here?

The key part of that sentence is "born here".

Antiquated though some think it may be.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-24-2016, 02:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Well, doubling the stock market, raising home prices, and creating millions of jobs was a change that most people agreed with.

Yes, I remember talking to voters 8 years ago and these were the changes they were pointing to and thinking Obama was the best one to do such things. Thanks for jogging my memory.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-24-2016, 02:45 PM)McC Wrote: So how can that jibe with your parents are illegals but you're an American since you were born here?

And this is why many have problems with "Anchor babies".

I must say, i am kind of surprised how strong the Republican voting numbers have been. There have been large turnouts. Good or bad, Trump is getting people out to vote.

There are two different ways.  Born here, or born to a US citizen.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Because being born on US soil makes you a natural born citizen.

Being born to a US citizen parent abroad is a separate way of being a natural born citizen. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-24-2016, 02:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes, I remember talking to voters 8 years ago and these were the changes they were pointing to and thinking Obama was the best one to do such things. Thanks for jogging my memory.

I believe the "changes" were health care and not being Bush.

Check and checkmate!

Ninja
https://www.yahoo.com/politics/trump-congressional-endorsements-170503088.html

Quote:On the heels of his blowout victory in the Nevada caucuses, Republican frontrunner Donald Trump has picked up something he insists he doesn’t care about: congressional endorsements.

California Rep. Duncan Hunter announced on Wednesday that he will support the billionaire real estate mogul’s presidential bid.
“We don’t need a policy wonk as president,” Hunter told Politico. “We need a leader as president.”

“I don’t think Trump wants my endorsement, and that’s one reason why I like him,” he continued, adding: “I think you have more Trump supporters in Congress. They just have to come out of the closet, so to speak.”

Earlier Wednesday, New York Rep. Chris Collins, became the first sitting member of Congress to endorse Trump for president.

“Donald Trump has clearly demonstrated that he has both the guts and the fortitude to return our nation’s jobs stolen by China, take on our enemies like ISIS, Iran, North Korea and Russia, and most importantly, reestablish the opportunity for our children and grandchildren to attain the American Dream,” Collins said in a statement to the Buffalo News. “That is why I am proud to endorse him as the next President of the United States.”

(02-24-2016, 03:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/politics/trump-congressional-endorsements-170503088.html

Quote:“Donald Trump has clearly demonstrated that he has both the guts and the fortitude to return our nation’s jobs stolen by China, take on our enemies like ISIS, Iran, North Korea and Russia, and most importantly, reestablish the opportunity for our children and grandchildren to attain the American Dream,” Collins said in a statement to the Buffalo News. “That is why I am proud to endorse him as the next President of the United States.”

Oy, I don't see how Trump supporters can criticize Bernie supporters for being filled with a bunch of vague promises that won't come to fruition.

The way I see it, each side has a unappealing career politician, and each side has some fringe nut saying a bunch of wacky things that people are eating up.  This is pretty symmetrical, really.
(02-24-2016, 04:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Oy, I don't see how Trump supporters can criticize Bernie supporters for being filled with a bunch of vague promises that won't come to fruition.

The way I see it, each side has a unappealing career politician, and each side has some fringe nut saying a bunch of wacky things that people are eating up.  This is pretty symmetrical, really.

That's what is laughable, but it's partisan politics.

Sanders says 'End trade agreements, it'll bring jobs back.'
Conservatives say 'that's too vague of a plan, must be Marxism.'

Trump says 'Trade is upside down, I'm going to tell Mexico to give us our jobs back.'
Conservatives start chanting his name.
If Trump didn't make a career out of being polarizing, mean and conterversal would he have a better chance? If he ran on all his beliefs evenly (many left leaning), and didn't pander to conversatives, would he do better in a general election? His biggest weakness is that he's just not likeable and branded himself (innaccurately) as a hardcore conversative for the primaries.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(02-24-2016, 06:02 PM)6andcounting Wrote: If Trump didn't make a career out of being polarizing, mean and conterversal would he have a better chance? If he ran on all his beliefs evenly (many left leaning), and didn't pander to conversatives, would he do better in a general election? His biggest weakness is that he's just not likeable and branded himself (innaccurately) as a hardcore conversative for the primaries.

I think he went in it to stir the pot, to be extreme, not really thinking he could win, not really caring what people think of him.  But since he's still in it, the question is where does he go from here.  Hell, he's battling the Pope, for crying out loud.

If he backed off on the whack a doodle, who knows where it might lead?  There are a lot of people sick to death of the status quo.  An outsider could become president.  But, as you say, he has a serious likability problem and that matters a lot.  So...probably not this outsider.

Said likability problem will be an issue for Hillary too.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(02-24-2016, 04:39 PM)Benton Wrote: That's what is laughable, but it's partisan politics.

Sanders says 'End trade agreements, it'll bring jobs back.'
Conservatives say 'that's too vague of a plan, must be Marxism.'

Trump says 'Trade is upside down, I'm going to tell Mexico to give us our jobs back.'
Conservatives start chanting his name.

At least liberals have it right on both cases and are level headed.

Let me guess.....

(02-24-2016, 06:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: At least liberals have it right on both cases and are level headed.

Let me guess.....

My mother is a hardcore Democrat (I know, you're surprised) but she HATES Sanders.  Listening to her talk about him is like reading a GOP page comment section.

She also hates Trump and says there are NO good Republicans.  Not candidates...all Republicans.

She's a peach.  Smirk
(02-24-2016, 06:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: At least liberals have it right on both cases and are level headed.

Let me guess.....

bfine32, liberal advocate.

Mellow
(02-24-2016, 06:17 PM)GMDino Wrote: My mother is a hardcore Democrat (I know, you're surprised) but she HATES Sanders.  Listening to her talk about him is like reading a GOP page comment section.

She also hates Trump and says there are NO good Republicans.  Not candidates...all Republicans.

She's a peach.  Smirk

What may surprise you more, is my whole family are hardcore Democrats and have been for generations. That's why I often laugh at the "we changed" assertion.

(02-24-2016, 06:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What may surprise you more, is my whole family are hardcore Democrats and have been for generations. That's why I often laugh at the "we changed" assertion.

Oh I see it more than most people will admit where the children and parents go different ways.

Probably like the swing in the 60's from more conservative parents to more liberal children.
(02-24-2016, 06:17 PM)GMDino Wrote: My mother is a hardcore Democrat (I know, you're surprised) but she HATES Sanders.  Listening to her talk about him is like reading a GOP page comment section.

She's a peach.  Smirk

I dare her to say it to my face.  When we start throwing old people over the cliff, Ma Dino is first.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(02-24-2016, 06:12 PM)McC Wrote: I think he went in it to stir the pot, to be extreme, not really thinking he could win, not really caring what people think of him.  But since he's still in it, the question is where does he go from here.  Hell, he's battling the Pope, for crying out loud.

If he backed off on the whack a doodle, who knows where it might lead?  There are a lot of people sick to death of the status quo.  An outsider could become president.  But, as you say, he has a serious likability problem and that matters a lot.  So...probably not this outsider.

Said likability problem will be an issue for Hillary too.  

I figured he ran just to be a troll. He's still trolling, but he's got the lead. He did back off on simply bragging he's rich and try to run a more serious campaign. I'm pretty sure he made the Pope apologize.

The left can't just brand him rich or sexist or whatever, because it doesn't make him defensive. He just attacks more, and he's smart about it so it doesn't backfire and hurt him.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]