Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Where Are You and What Will This Storm Mean to You?
With a pe-Christmas 'white death' ready do descend upon us, how will it affect you? Has it already hit? How much snow have you gotten, or are you expecting to get? Will this alter your plans in any way for the holiday? Tell us your story.

Like many here I'm in SW Ohio, so apart from what sounds like will be some pretty strong winds, we'll maybe see an inch or two of snow. Our family all lives close by, so plans won't have to be altered.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 01:51 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: With a pe-Christmas 'white death' ready do descend upon us, how will it affect you?  Has it already hit?  How much snow have you gotten, or are you expecting to get?  Will this alter your plans in any way for the holiday?  Tell us your story.

Like many here I'm in SW Ohio, so apart from what sounds like will be some pretty strong winds, we'll maybe see an inch or two of snow.  Our family all lives close by, so plans won't have to be altered.

Same but ive seen models where if this things shifts a bit we also get buried...

But mostly this means hard times walking the dogs for me.
And busting out the Big Jackets
*if you have outdoor animals please bring them in or make sure they have somewhere to shelter*
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 02:13 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Same but ive seen models where if this things shifts a bit we also get buried...

*if you have outdoor animals please bring them in or make sure they have somewhere to shelter*

Yeah, but it seems like we never get big snows here anymore.  It always seems to skirt around us, even going to the south sometimes.  Not that I'm complaining, I don't want to have to clear the driveway and sidewalk.  I guess I like the idea of a big snow more than the actual snow itself.  
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 02:30 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yeah, but it seems like we never get big snows here anymore.  It always seems to skirt around us, even going to the south sometimes.  Not that I'm complaining, I don't want to have to clear the driveway and sidewalk.  I guess I like the idea of a big snow more than the actual snow itself.  

as much as i would love 1 storm to drop a few feet...   Then i remember all the shoveling and other crap ill have to deal with.
Reply/Quote
I live near Jackson Oh, so it means that I am going to be cold as hell going from the parking garage to Nationwide arena tomorrow for the TSO show..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 03:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I live near Jackson Oh, so it means that I am going to be cold as hell going from the parking garage to Nationwide arena tomorrow for the TSO show..

Its gonna be like when i took my wife to the Metallica Concert in Cincinnati when it was like -30 windchills back in Jan 2019

There was an App i found call SpotHero... Let me reserve a parking spot on one of the lots so i didnt have to walk a mile
Reply/Quote
I live in Tulsa, OK. We had a nice flurry of snow but nothing major. Just bitterly cold for these parts. Wind chill is -18.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 03:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I live near Jackson Oh, so it means that I am going to be cold as hell going from the parking garage to Nationwide arena tomorrow for the TSO show..

Just remember to follow the same path back, otherwise...

[Image: 97cc03ec834665458d5fc2b216bd6195--frozen...uckets.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 02:13 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Same but ive seen models where if this things shifts a bit we also get buried...

Yup

I remember the storm in 93 was it ? First forecast was 2-4 inches, then it went to 6-8, then 10-12, as the day went on it just kept going up. We ended up with 3 feet.

So far they're predicting 2-4 inches with very high winds and temp plunging overnight. We'll see ?
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 06:18 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yup

I remember the storm in 93 was it ? First forecast was 2-4 inches, then it went to 6-8, then 10-12, as the day went on it just kept going up. We ended up with 3 feet.

So far they're predicting 2-4 inches with very high winds and temp plunging overnight. We'll see ?

Just a few hours ago they were predicting 1-3 inches, but I see the NWS has revised that to 2-4.  That's not a lot more, but with the blowing and drifting they're predicting every little bit counts.  
Reply/Quote
About 45 minutes south of Denver where I live, we got 5" of snow, but it was insanely cold this morning. It was -17 (-27 with the windchill). We just hit our "high" for the day at -3 (-11 with windchill). It's another level of cold! I even had to shovel the driveway. Usually, the sun is intense enough at the higher altitude (about 6,200') that it melts the snow on my west-facing driveway, but not when it's this cold.

The most amazing thing was how fast the temps plummeted. Yesterday it went from 45 to 5 in about 90 minutes right around dinner time. And then just kept dropping all night.

Stay warm!
Reply/Quote
Central CT. Supposed to get hammered with wind but looks like rain and 50 degrees before plummeting down to something like 20 overnight.
Reply/Quote
Got off work and hit the road to head home at about 3am cincinnati time.

Not bad when you can drive like a jackass because there is hardly anybody on the road. Wouldn't want to be driving in it when there are many other jackasses out driving.

People like driving really slow and coming to a stop. When it's icy and snowy I want to get where I'm going not get stuck somewhere. I'm not going to go slow up a hill or stop at a red light in deep snow when I can see no one is around. Glad I had to drive when most others were not on the road.
Reply/Quote
That weather looks ridiculous stay safe everyone.

Glad I visited a couple of weeks ago LOL
Reply/Quote
Apart from the cold, we didn't seem to get hit too badly. Of course, I haven't left the house and am just viewing it all out the windows. Probably a different story if you're out and about.
Reply/Quote
Was -7 in Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati and I think we got 5 inches of snow or so. Power went out so it’s freezing.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2022, 01:38 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Was -7 in Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati and I think we got 5 inches of snow or so. Power went out so it’s freezing.

Cincinnati and NKY must have gotten more snow than we did up around Dayton. We might have gotten two-plus inches.  The temp has dropped a degree to -8 in the last hour, though.  
Reply/Quote
House is set to 70 degrees and it's 'only' 66 in here. So the house is going to take a while to catch up to the sharp drop in temperature outside. I broke out a space heater to help some. I think Cincinnati set a record here for itself....between 8 PM and 2 AM the temperature dropped 39 degrees in that span. They are also saying we met the criteria of blizzard conditions last night.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2022, 02:20 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Cincinnati and NKY must have gotten more snow than we did up around Dayton. We might have gotten two-plus inches.  The temp has dropped a degree to -8 in the last hour, though.  

5" & -2 here this morning. 
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2022, 02:20 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Cincinnati and NKY must have gotten more snow than we did up around Dayton. We might have gotten two-plus inches.  The temp has dropped a degree to -8 in the last hour, though.  

It’s frigid here in Kettering. It’s so cold here the hookers are offering free hugs.
Reply/Quote