Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, Who's Left?
(02-14-2019, 02:15 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: With Grantham, it was reported that his relationship with Cullen and he and his families fondness of Gainesville were the deciding factors for him.

Cullen?? Cullen Bohannon from "Hell on Wheels?"

Certainly you wouldn't dare misspell DAN MULLEN'S name like that. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 02:18 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Cullen?? Cullen Bohannon from "Hell on Wheels?"

Certainly you wouldn't dare misspell DAN MULLEN'S name like that. 

I guess I did dare...without realizing.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
here its starting to come

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/ny-sports-rex-ryan-bengals-20190214-story.html

on a side note, my cousin saw Rex Ryan at 8 am this morning boarding a plane from Tennessee to Cincinnati

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't hate it.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I'd sign off on that all day long. Would be a much better fit than Grantham.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 01:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: OMG, there's no one left..... (except for the next greatest DC no one has heard of yet)
Some people are already in game day mode and it's not even March.... Hilarious

But but, we have never won anything.

Reply/Quote
Wouldnt mind Rex Ryan. Definitely could be the head coach of the defense for us. Taylor isnt a defensive guy so it makes sense.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 02:10 PM)Okeana Wrote: I have heard a rumor that Rex Ryan is being considered.

I think his personality is a little too strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bengals football, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 01:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Where did you hear that Capers and Grantham were offered the job?

Thought they were just going to interview Capers and he turned it down.

Thought they just interviewed Grantham and it was mutual?

Am i missing something?

All reports were it was their jobs if they wanted them. Grantham was here for two days and chose to go back to Florida. As far as Capers I thought he was offered the job and turned them down but I could be wrong on that one.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 02:47 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: Wouldnt mind Rex Ryan. Definitely could be the head coach of the defense for us. Taylor isnt a defensive guy so it makes sense.

can rob ryan coach LBers?

all for Rexy
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 02:52 PM)Phil in BG Wrote: I think his personality is a little too strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

his personality issues only came into play when he was a head coach.  He is a phenomenal defensive coach tho

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 01:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: OMG, there's no one left..... (except for the next greatest DC no one has heard of yet)
Some people are already in game day mode and it's not even March.... Hilarious

Well it's almost March and players report April 1st and we don't have 3/4th a defensive staff. This isn't good (and unprecedented) no matter how we as fans try to spin it.

As Dunlap stated. Defensive players don't even know how to train, so they've wasted 8 weeks of the offseason already. They don't know if they should be putting on weight (for a 3-4) or dropping weight (for a specific scheme). I think we as fans are the last to accept it, but there's a reason there is a growing sense this has been a disastrous start for ZT.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Ugh No to Rex he does run a 2 gap 34. He would handicap the defensive line we all watched him do it to a really good single gap 43 line in Buffalo.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 03:12 PM)jj22 Wrote: Well it's almost March and players report April 1st and we don't have 3/4th a defensive staff. This isn't good (and unprecedented) no matter how we as fans try to spin it.

As Dunlap stated. Defensive players don't even know how to train, so they've wasted 8 weeks of the offseason already. They don't know if they should be putting on weight (for a 3-4) or dropping weight (for a specific scheme). I think we as fans are the last to accept it, but there's a reason there is a growing sense this has been a disastrous start for ZT.

he shouldn't have an issue getting his buddy from the rams at the very least.  but I agree we need to move a little quicker.
Reply/Quote
I’ve been on interviews where I was flown in for a couple of days where I had an offer but decided to stay put because my current employer made it more attractive to stay put. I’ve also been pursued by other companies where because of logistics, fear of the unknown, etc that I declined interviews.

This isn’t as big a deal as y’all are making it. Some guys were approached, some actually interviewed, and no one was hired. It is what it is.

Not sure there’s much to the rumor of Ryan interviewing. This is the first I’ve even heard of it, and it’s at best idle speculation. But, that would be a HUGE get. I’m suspecting one of the other, less known (but totally capable) defensive minds will be the choice. And, it will happen by this weekend.
Reply/Quote
Marquand Manuel
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 03:28 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Marquand Manuel

nope...Aaron Glenn

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 03:12 PM)jj22 Wrote: Well it's almost March and players report April 1st and we don't have 3/4th a defensive staff. This isn't good (and unprecedented) no matter how we as fans try to spin it.

It's February 14. Last year, Frank Reich wasn't hired as the Colts HC until February 11.  Step back from the ledge a bit 
Reply/Quote
I've heard $$$ has been the biggest sticking point with these guys, I've been told Grantham is getting paid by UF north of $1m, for $250k I will become the new DC for the Bengals.  Since i'd have to move to Cincy though, i'd ask for a small relocation fee as well. I'd get these boys in tip top shape.  We'd be playing the Oklahoma drill every day and night.  
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 03:10 PM)Okeana Wrote: his personality issues only came into play when he was a head coach.  He is a phenomenal defensive coach tho

In that case I'm all in on Rex Ryan.
Bengals football, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet.
Reply/Quote