Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So about the Bengals Defense today
I see a lot of threads here about the offense, the O-line etc. But what about the other elephant in the room, defense was absolutely horrible. It's hard to keep up or even be in a game when the defense is allowing the offense to do whatever they want. They gave up a total of 572 yards. 313 yards passing and 259 yards rushing. No sacks and having a difficult time stopping the run from what is probably the Bengals strongest position, the D line.

Let's hope they were just over confident, under prepared or whatever because those are horrible stats as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
They sucked at the fundamental aspects of football.
Reply/Quote
I guess no one wants to talk about the terrible defense that gave up 41 points and just want to focus on the terrible O-line? I don't know. I have not read all the other threads, too tired. But it seems defense was a huge issue. No team can win when they let the other team do whatever they want on offense to that degree. But what do I know.... How many teams with a half decent defense give up 41 points?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Dre Kirkpatrick
Reply/Quote
It was weird because they played so we'll last week then they just played like complete shit. The only thing I can think of it was a Physical game last week and they just were not ready to be physical this week. The 49ers also attacked the edges and it seemed our lack of Athleticism at LB hurt us severely.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
The 49ers were using slant zone schemes and screens to negate the Bengals D-Line. The 49ers RB also made good decisions and played fast. The backers looked lost and secondary looked out of position on a couple plays.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
259 yards rushing is a stat straight outta Tecmo Bowl...that hurts. Right now we are getting 29.5 rushing yards per game so that would be 8.8 games of our run game. Again, it's only week 2, but that's some amazing crap.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 12:41 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: The 49ers were using slant zone schemes and screens to negate the Bengals D-Line.  The 49ers  RB also made good decisions and played fast.  The backers looked lost and secondary looked out of position on a couple plays.

Last week it was the Bengals could not run because the Seahawks stacked the box so says the forum.  This week apparently it was the Bengals defense was overrun by 41 points because, "The 49ers were using slant zone schemes and screens to negate the Bengals D-Line.  The 49ers  RB also made good decisions and played fast.  The backers looked lost and secondary looked out of position on a couple plays."

Fair enough, but a decent team counters that. Fact is the defense flat out sucked be it the players or the play calling to the tune of giving up 41 one points.  It wasn't just a couple of plays out of position, it was the entire game. The defense sucked huge massive..... And that seems to have been ignored by many for the most part.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
The defense is definitely the biggest problem, even if our offense was good it would be hard to win many games with the defense giving up 500 plus yards. Horrific job of setting the edge, tackling along with blown coverages in the secondary. Our D-line got beat up and our linebackers got exposed for being severely below average.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 12:52 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Last week it was the Bengals could not run because the Seahawks stacked the box so says the forum.  This week apparently it was the Bengals defense was overrun by 41 points because, "The 49ers were using slant zone schemes and screens to negate the Bengals D-Line.  The 49ers  RB also made good decisions and played fast.  The backers looked lost and secondary looked out of position on a couple plays."

Fair enough, but a decent team counters that. Fact is the defense flat out sucked be it the players or the play calling to the tune of giving up 41 one points.  It wasn't just a couple of plays out of position, it was the entire game.   The defense sucked huge massive.....   And that seems to have been ignored by many for the most part.

If there are no 3-and-outs the defense will get fatigue.  Bengals were quite fatigued.  They were out schemed by 49ers.  The one thing I noticed was the defensive players were not disciplined in staying in their lanes.  They left there position of responsibility often today.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 12:59 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: If there are no 3-and-outs the defense will get fatigue.  Bengals were quite fatigued.  They were out schemed by 49ers.  The one thing I noticed was the defensive players were not disciplined in staying in their lanes.  They left there position of responsibility often today.  

They were fatigued because the 49's were able to impose their will on offense.  That's how it works.  The Bengals defense was terrible, beyond terrible.  There is no arguing that given the score.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote