Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, are we back to "hoping not to get blown out?"
It sure feels that way. I can't handle another "lost decade." Either something changes fast or,
at age 45, I may finally be done with this team, for good.
Reply/Quote
"Okay buddy... but before you go sing me Bengals Growl one last time.  And a 1 and a 2 and a 3..."

[Image: th?id=OIP.Me167c8f60eeb30ff6e6e176ee6435...=371&h=163]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown has to pass away before anything changes with this team.

We'll get a top ten pick next year, let's blow it on a corner who won't play for 2 years
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:33 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: "Okay buddy... but before you go sing me Bengals Growl one last time.  And a 1 and a 2 and a 3..."

[Image: th?id=OIP.Me167c8f60eeb30ff6e6e176ee6435...=371&h=163]

I can't do that, but I can sing you parts of the "Bud Light Presents" Bengals commercial that a few of us fans put together several years ago!  :)
Reply/Quote
We won the 2nd half! Yee haw!
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I really do think that anyone on this Board could call a better game than Zampese

WTF with running GIO up the middle and throughout the 1st? Did Hill say something wrong? Hill should play a majority of the Downs and bring in Gio to be like Sproles.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 10:06 PM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: I really do think that anyone on this Board could call a better game than Zampese

WTF with running GIO up the middle and throughout the 1st?  Did Hill say something wrong?  Hill should play a majority of the Downs and bring in Gio to be like Sproles.
I said it before and I'll say it again.

Hill seems like he's an injury away everytime he plays.

He may bounce back but he continually gets dinged, pulls himself out, or looks gassed.

His durability throughout the game is weird.

I just don't know what his problem is.  The rookie luster has worn off IMO.

He sometimes looks lost on blocking assignments as well.

I'm not saying this is why he's not playing.  Gio just seems more reliable in my eyes at this point.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It smells like the 1990s in here.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 10:13 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It smells like the 1990s in here.

I don't know about the 1990,s Bungles, but we are definitely going backwards. Zampese not aggressive, play desighn sux, Marvin cant inspire the team. Maybe letting M. Jones,Leon Hall, Reggie Nelson, Sanu, Gilberry, Tate,A Smith, Hue,Vance, all have expired contracts and walking was not such a great idea, In fact it was outright dumb.
Reply/Quote
Well, one thing is a constant. If they play Gio the boards says they should be playing Hill. If they play Hill the board says they should be playing Gio. I guess continuity is a good thing.... LMAO
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:23 PM)Tomkat Wrote: It sure feels that way.  I can't handle another "lost decade."  Either something changes fast or,
at age 45, I may finally be done with this team, for good.

Will always be a Bengals fan, but I have been rooting for the Vikings ever since Zimmer became the HC.  
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 10:06 PM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: I really do think that anyone on this Board could call a better game than Zampese

WTF with running GIO up the middle and throughout the 1st?  Did Hill say something wrong?  Hill should play a majority of the Downs and bring in Gio to be like Sproles.

Tried that. Gio is a better every down back.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 10:13 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I said it before and I'll say it again.

Hill seems like he's an injury away everytime he plays.

He may bounce back but he continually gets dinged, pulls himself out, or looks gassed.

His durability throughout the game is weird.

I just don't know what his problem is.  The rookie luster has worn off IMO.

He sometimes looks lost on blocking assignments as well.

I'm not saying this is why he's not playing.  Gio just seems more reliable in my eyes at this point.

Totally agree with this.
Reply/Quote
I still don't see how gio is better, the coaches don't know how to use either one of them.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 09:44 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I still don't see how gio is better, the coaches don't know how to use either one of them.

You're right, they don't. Hill is the kind of guy you need to run 20+ times a game. At 230lbs he wear down the defense. At under 10 carries, he's rarely effective.

Gio needs to be more on 3rd down or as a 2nd back in a 2 back set.

It's like the team tries to be fair to each of them which ensures neither really gets going.

Reply/Quote
We have been one of the best teams in the league over the last 6 or so seasons. Hate to tell you all, but we were due for a losing season.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
I think hill had that injury before the game, then re injured it. I may of heard that somewhere, but maybe I just made that up? Seems right.

I do understand that Hill needs 20+ carries to be effective, and gio needs 10 or so. But its pretty hard when:
A.) Youre playing from behind
B.) They run it and the o line completely collapses and Hill is instantly hit 5 yards back making it a 2nd and 15.

Cant give Hill 20+ when youre always in those situations. The math just doesn't add up.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 01:18 AM)BengalChris Wrote: You're right, they don't. Hill is the kind of guy you need to run 20+ times a game. At 230lbs he wear down the defense. At under 10 carries, he's rarely effective.

Gio needs to be more on 3rd down or as a 2nd back in a 2 back set.

It's like the team tries to be fair to each of them which ensures neither really gets going.

Hill might be 230, but he goes down easier than 130. He's not some magician who will magically be amazing if he reaches an arbitrary 20 carry amount.

Instead you will have a shit offense, because you keep trying to run him and it doesn't work. Leading to a lot of 2nd and longs, and punts.

Gio runs harder, hits holes faster, goes down less easy, catches better, makes people miss more, lowers his shoulder more, blocks better, and picks up blitzes better.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 02:27 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Hill might be 230, but he goes down easier than 130. He's not some magician who will magically be amazing if he reaches an arbitrary 20 carry amount.

Instead you will have a shit offense, because you keep trying to run him and it doesn't work. Leading to a lot of 2nd and longs, and punts.

Gio runs harder, hits holes faster, goes down less easy, catches better, makes people miss more, lowers his shoulder more, blocks better, and picks up blitzes better.
I agree, Hill plays soft and scared, I for one would love to see what Burkehead can do.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 01:43 AM)Utts Wrote: We have been one of the best teams in the league over the last 6 or so seasons. Hate to tell you all, but we were due for a losing season.

Guess someone forgot to tell the Patriots, Steelers, Broncos, etc that they're do for a losing season. 

Reply/Quote