Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So can we start talking about the Rams?
Bengals hold a 7-5 edge all-time against the Rams. 4-2 at home.

We have won the last two games in the series, most recently 20-13 at St. Louis in 2011.

This year the Rams offense is horrid (31st in both points and yards). Rookie RB Todd Gurly look like Jim Brown over his first four starts (141.5 yards per game and 6.4 avg), but has come back to earth over his last 3 games (66.7 yards per game and 3.3 avg). He can still be very dangerous if we don't tackle, but their passing game is so pathetic we should be able to key on stopping him.

Their defense is decent (10th in points, 12th in yards), and they have one of the best lines in the league. They are 16th in rush yards allowed, but 8th in yards per carry allowed (3.8). Their pass defense is 9th in yards allowed, but 14th in pass efficiency. They are 5th in sacks.

This is a game we should win if we just take care of business and don't make a bunch of stupid mistakes.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 01:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengals hold a 7-5 edge all-time against the Rams.  4-2 at home.

We have won the last two games in the series, most recently 20-13 at St. Louis in 2011.

This year the Rams offense is horrid (31st in both points and yards).  Rookie RB Todd Gurly look like Jim Brown over his first four starts (141.5 yards per game and 6.4 avg), but has come back to earth over his last 3 games (66.7 yards per game and 3.3 avg).  He can still be very dangerous if we don't tackle, but their passing game is so pathetic we should be able to key on stopping him.

Their defense is decent (10th in points, 12th in yards), and they have one of the best lines in the league.  They are 16th in rush yards allowed, but 8th in yards per carry allowed (3.8).  Their pass defense is 9th in yards allowed, but 14th in pass efficiency.  They are 5th in sacks.

This is a game we should win if we just take care of business and don't make a bunch of stupid mistakes.

Nice thread Fred, yeah we should win this one. They have a great D-line especially their pass rush so
that should give Dalton some problems but i still think we should put up enough points to pull out a win
here. We need to run the ball on these guys, that is key.
Reply/Quote
Gurley going off is the only thing that scares me about this game. They have two dreadful quarterbacks, and will try to get the run game going early. Stop the run and make Keenum/Foles beat us with their arm.
Reply/Quote
It would be good to get the win and break out of our two game slump.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
If we actually lose to these goobers then the season is in serious trouble...

My hope is this game we do an epic blowout on them, to the tune of 49-6 or some such score. Get our heads screwed back on.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Gotta be careful for some special teams shenanigans. Fisher always has something up his sleeve.
Reply/Quote
I will be in attendance!!

I'm looking forward to watching a good game and I hope to God that Dunlap can get back on the sack train.

Most importantly though, even if its close, just come out with a win; we never blow these NFC teams out, but we generally take care of business against them; we can do so again on Sunday.

Keenum most-likely gonna be out, btw...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 02:49 PM)Joelist Wrote: If we actually lose to these goobers then the season is in serious trouble...

My hope is this game we do an epic blowout on them, to the tune of 49-6 or some such score. Get our heads screwed back on.

Eh, the Rams have a pretty damn good Defense. I don't think we score that many on them.

If we stop their running game and get our running game going it should be a blowout though cause their
Offense is terrible with no running game. My prediction is...

Bengals-27
Rams-6
Reply/Quote
FUN FACTS

1.  The Rams used to be in LA
2.  The Rams attempted to replicate the Bears' SUPERBOWL SHUFFLE with this sexy video

3.  Joe the Jet Namath ended his career with a whimper in LA facing injuries and drinking from extremely small cups, apparently
[Image: joe_namath4-jpg.9739]
4.  Their QB options are a concussed backup and Nick Foles, who was like, SUPER GOOD for a few games in 2013 or something guys!
5.  The Rams need to go back to LA and go back to their old royal blue and yellow color scheme rather than navy and tan (or vegas gold?)
6.  Rams great, Eric Dickerson, is probably not related to former Steeler Hardy Nickerson.
7.  The Bengals will beat the Rams (who can only occasionally beat teams in their own division and no one else)
Reply/Quote
I wanna kiss you
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I like the old Rams uniforms myself better than the navy and gold.
Reply/Quote
Maybe they can wear it when 5 NFL teams move to LA
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 02:10 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Gurley going off is the only thing that scares me about this game. They have two dreadful quarterbacks, and will try to get the run game going early. Stop the run and make Keenum/Foles beat us with their arm.

Burfiict and Maualuga will welcome Gurley to the NFL.  The Bengals will get up a couple scores early and force the Lambs to throw it...and even our backup corners can stop that passing game.  
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 02:10 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Gurley going off is the only thing that scares me about this game. They have two dreadful quarterbacks, and will try to get the run game going early. Stop the run and make Keenum/Foles beat us with their arm.

I'm not saying Gurley isn't grand, but his YPC and explosiveness has been MIA for almost a month.

[Image: gurley.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Our OL needs to step up their game. The Rams DL is legit and Aaron Donald is basically a Geno clone.

Also, Gregg Williams is their DC so cover Dalton in bubble wrap.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

If Pat gets back on the field, I won't be as worried about Gurley.

Instead I will be worried about our guys getting injured...
Reply/Quote
The way the defense has been playing, the Rams Run Game is going to have a field day. But, I'm hoping that the past two weeks lit a fire under the defenses arse and the Rams have a total yardage output of 3 yards for the game.

I am so disappointed with this team and so glad the site was down, lol. I've thought about it since that Monday Night Texans game, these past two games were just a hiccup and the Bengals are going to win the next 9 games in a row.

Super Bowl or BUST!!!

WHO-DEY!!!
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 11:58 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: The way the defense has been playing, the Rams Run Game is going to have a field day.

Since Burfict's return, the Bengals have allowed an average of 87.3 rush yards on 4.06 ypc. That's a massive improvment from the 109.2 rush yards on 4.9 ypc we allowed in the previous 6 games.

We'd also held the Steelers, Browns and Texans all to 10 points. The only defensive lapse we've had was in the 3rd quarter against Palmer, but we had multiple injuries in the secondary.

Our D will be just fine.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Rams are going to come in motivated playing for Stedman who is in critical but stable condition right now.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:51 PM)jj22 Wrote: Rams are going to come in motivated playing for Stedman who is in critical but stable condition right now.

play motivated for a guy that wasnt there to support his team because he'd rather do drugs and get suspended?
Reply/Quote