Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So do the Bengals draft a RB this year for depth?
Zac Taylor said he wants his RBs fresh for December etc etc.
the Bengals didnt pursue any FAs and the only news we got was Mark Walton doing stupid stuff.
its seems like QBs WRs DEs LBs TEs OTs are going to dominate the 1st Rd which will push RBs down the board a bit.
Im thinking in the mid RDs theres good value to be had with RBs.
I dont think Taylor is sold on Walton.
I can see the Bengals drafting a RB that is bigger framed RB that is more in a power mode.
Mixon and Gio can catch with the best of them.
but this roster lacks a true between the tackles whammer.
Reply/Quote
Agreed, plenty of backs available in the mid rounds. I hope that they draft a RB, as I was never sold on Walton to begin with.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Ryquell Armstead of Temple is 5'11, 220 and ran a 4.45. He is straight ahead bash heads physical type.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2019, 04:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Agreed, plenty of backs available in the mid rounds.  I hope that they draft a RB, as I was never sold on Walton to begin with.

X2

If there's good value there in the mid rounds I'm not against it at all. I have little faith in Walton either so we're just an injury away from being a one back team.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2019, 04:24 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Ryquell Armstead of Temple is 5'11, 220 and ran a 4.45.   He is straight ahead bash heads physical type.

Nice, a short yardage sledge hammer with breakaway potential!

(03-31-2019, 04:26 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: X2

If there's good value there in the mid rounds I'm not against it at all. I have little faith in Walton either so we're just an injury away from being a one back team.

If he's there, I'm a fan of Mike Weber in the 5th.  He hits the hole full speed, has a little wiggle to him when needed, and is good receiver out of the backfield.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2019, 03:31 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Zac Taylor said he wants his RBs fresh for December etc etc.
the Bengals didnt pursue any FAs and the only news we got was Mark Walton doing stupid stuff.
its seems like QBs WRs DEs LBs TEs OTs are going to dominate the 1st Rd which will push RBs down the board a bit.
Im thinking in the mid RDs theres good value to be had with RBs.
I dont think Taylor is sold on Walton.
I can see the Bengals drafting a RB that is bigger framed RB that is more in a power mode.
Mixon and Gio can catch with the best of them.
but this roster lacks a true between the tackles whammer.

My Mock Draft I added to the, who are your Bengals picks in each round thread.   I have Bengals taking Notre Dame RB. Dexter Williams in 5, who is still a pretty elite runner if still on boards.  Now I have Bengals taking Auburn QB Jarret Stidham in 4.  However if he is off the boards, then I see Bengals jumping on the huge list of RB's slated to go in 4, and there are some good ones in this predicted Round 4 rush in RB by many teams. 

Other than Mixon, the Bengals do not have good depth anymore at RB.  I'm sure some die hard fans think so, but compared to other NFL teams, our depth at RB is weak.  Rounds 4 or 5 after Blocking and Tackling have been addressed in first 3 rounds.  Without Blocking Improvement, we will not be able to run or pass against good teams, always the door mat for good teams to walk all over.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Gotta use those five 6th round picks on something.
Reply/Quote
I've thought for some time now that this team could use a Legarrette Blount type of back.  In an age of safeties at LB and Dee Ford sized guys at RE in 4-3 alignments, you want a few big backs who can run people over. 
Reply/Quote
We better considering how many picks we have and the need for some Walton competition.
Reply/Quote
Sign me up for Darrell Henderson from Memphis.

Averaging 8.9 yards over his last 300+ carries.

43 carries of 15-plus yards and 11 total touchdowns of 54-plus in 2018 alone.

He has that Alvin Kamara like balance
Reply/Quote
Still annoyed at them getting rid of so many quality RBs in order to keep Walton. Guys like Carson, Hill, and Williams were all better
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2019, 06:24 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Gotta use those five 6th round picks on something.

I'm hoping QB and RB in 4 and 5.   Stidham in 4 if he's there.  If he's off board and no top QBs fell, then a RB in 4 and a QB in 5.   TE in 6.  

It doesn't mean anything if we don't get an Offensive Tackle and a Linebacker for BLOCKING and TACKLING which Bengals are lousy at.  We could also use one of the talented 6' 200 lb  Defensive Backs that will be going off the board in Round 2, since new coaches say NFL teams are in nickle D 80% of the time.  Then we better add a big talented monster DB. 

Rounds 4 and 5, I'm hoping QB and RB.  I question our depth at both positions.  Plus, as Paul Brown use to say, it's hard not to take a good QB or a good RB.  The new coaches will want a non Marvin QB pick.  They will also want a non Marvin RB pick.  

Eifert injuries suggest covering rear ends with a 6th round TE.  There could still be good talent on board at TE in 6. 

YES, I see us taking a RB.  After Mixon, we are not as solid as many other teams. Until we get some blocking, we could use 100 RBs and 100 QBs.  These guys better learn to Block. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
We're talking about RB3/4, no need to take before Rd 5 IMO. I personally like Myles Gaskin and LJ Scott as Rd 5-7 options.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
what if we took David Montgomery in the 2nd?  mixon and Montgomery in the same backfield?  that's a pretty nice RB tandem we'd have. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2019, 02:40 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: what if we took David Montgomery in the 2nd?  mixon and Montgomery in the same backfield?  that's a pretty nice RB tandem we'd have. 

You willing to sacrifice the team going potentially weak(er) at OL, LB, DT, or TE for the sake of a third 2nd round RB? I'd honestly be irritated if they took another RB that early.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
With 11 picks I’d imagine we take a rb to push Walton. I’d love to get Bryce love and red shirt him a year but I think he’s gone. I wouldn’t take a rb until the 6th unless a really good falls way to far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
There's plenty of late round options or UDFAs that could push that role, so I'm not too worried about. Taking any earlier than the 5th or 6th seems like it would be missing out on a chance to fill a different hole.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
Jalen Hurd RB/TE combo player
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2019, 05:19 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: There's plenty of late round options or UDFAs that could push that role, so I'm not too worried about. Taking any earlier than the 5th or 6th seems like it would be missing out on a chance to fill a different hole.

[Image: a51.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2019, 08:03 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Sign me up for Darrell Henderson from Memphis.

Averaging 8.9 yards over his last 300+ carries.

43 carries of 15-plus yards and 11 total touchdowns of 54-plus in 2018 alone.

He has that Alvin Kamara like balance

Henderson would be the anti Mark Walton pick.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote