Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
So happy Boyd was involved
(09-26-2022, 09:20 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Agreed OP, it is nice seeing Boyd have a good game. I think that's how us fans envisioned the offense unfolding this year. If an opposing defense shuts down Chase and Higgins, then we'll see Boyd and Hurst getting catches and TDs.

Yep it's going to be nigh on impossible to shut down all 4 of em with any blocking at all. And I believe the blocking is going to just continue to improve.

And if Mixon or whomever ever start getting some quality runs early on, look out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 10:36 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: A million percent. The value of Chase this year is almost more the threat he carries and the defensive coverage it'll get, than the plays he'll make himself. I hope he still gets his over the course of the season, but no way defences will let him rack up last year's numbers, so I really hope we'll see some big numbers out of TB and Tee by the end of the year. 

With Mixon doing sod all on the ground, I'd also love to see him getting involved in the 'check down' game. If we can't go deep, then those quick dump off plays can do a bit to nullify the O-Line.

Absolutely! Side note, I absolutely loved watching Perine just put his head down and get tough yards at 5YPC to ice the game. Joe might need to watch that tape and realize getting four yards every play can be better than busting a big run. You keep getting those nice gainers, and eventually the big one will pop open. He's more dynamic and faster than Samaje. He needs to quit dancing and just hit the hole. Good things will eventually come if he does that. 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote