Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, how did you meet your significant other?
(07-27-2015, 10:28 PM)Slappy from New Haven Wrote: 15 years later I am still her night in shining armor

I'm sure youre her night every day.
Reply/Quote
Mine is pretty boring. My mother kept telling me about this girl who was perfect for me. I finally caved in, and we met at my parents house for a dinner. I was smitten right away, asked her out that night, and a year later we were married. Ho-hum.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 11:00 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Mine is pretty boring.  My mother kept telling me about this girl who was perfect for me.  I finally caved in, and we met at my parents house for a dinner.  I was smitten right away, asked her out that night, and a year later we were married.  Ho-hum.

Mother knows best.

Listen to your Mother.....
Reply/Quote
Match.com
Reply/Quote
It was destiny.

I was the center. He was the quarterback.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 11:10 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Match.com

Honestly this is where I met my wife.

The marriage did not work out, but it had nothing to do with how we met.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 11:10 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Match.com

Wow, good for you  ThumbsUp I have some good friends who tried Match and every single one of them had horrible experiences. They all complained that the pictures were very old (or just not them) and they would pretend to be someone they weren't...for awhile.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2015, 08:44 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: This might sound corny as hell, but I remember meeting mine like it was yesterday.

8 years ago, I was at community hog roast at the local park. A Skynyrd cover band was playing on stage. I walked up to get a better listen, and there was a long haired brunette shaking her money maker back and forth, in a pair of daisy dukes and wearing a black AC/DC shirt. She had a Budweiser in one hand and a pork sandwich in the other.

Needless to say...it was love at first site.
  Pervert

My kind of girl....

I met my better half thru a mutual friend, so I guess you could call it a blind date. Here we are 29 years later & still together.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 11:41 AM)GodFather Wrote: Wow, good for you  ThumbsUp I have some good friends who tried Match and every single one of them had horrible experiences. They all complained that the pictures were very old (or just not them) and they would pretend to be someone they weren't...for awhile.

On line dating sites are the best place to find women, but they are terrible places to actually court a woman.  

The key is to meet in person as soon as possible.  And it is just like weeting women any other way.  you generally have to meet quite a few before you find the right one.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 12:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: On line dating sites are the best place to find women, but they are terrible places to actually court a woman.  

The key is to meet in person as soon as possible.  And it is just like weeting women any other way.  you generally have to meet quite a few before you find the right one.

And if her all her pics are only head shots, you can bet she's a fat chick.

Beaker's public service.....you're welcome.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 12:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: On line dating sites are the best place to find women, but they are terrible places to actually court a woman.  

Agreed.

I sent my wife basically a couple emails via their website.  I quickly found out she was a grad student (and Bengals fan!) who lived downtown and we hooked up for pizza and drinks almost like the next day.  Our online courtship lasted literally for a day.  I also had met another girl prior to my wife the same way and although we didn't get too serious, we are still good friends.

Given where I was in my life (8 years older), I seriously doubt I would have met my wife any other way.  Online dating really allows you to filter out those people you know you wouldn't click with (religious, education, politics, etc.)  and opens you up to a world of people you would probably never get to know otherwise.  

We leverage the internet for so many other things these days, why not dating?  
Reply/Quote
Freshmen year in college. A bunch of people from our floor in the dorm would hang out. When it was Sunday all the guys retreated into the rooms to watch football. Some of the girls followed us in, but had no comprehension of the game. Then they would make snide comments and pretty much annoy us. Well my wife was the one of the two who actually understood the game. We were good friends for about 7-8 months before we decided to go out. Well things worked out for us. We married after graduation and will be celebrating our 6th anniversary in a few weeks.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote