Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So how geeked up are you guys?
Welcome to the S-L-O-W-E-S-T  week of your lives. By the time Sunday rolls around, you'll think that it's May. 

And I hope you all took Monday off too. 
Reply/Quote
Oh, and buy some contraception just is case, especially you old farts. The last thing you need is to be taking your kids to grade school in your 50s. Although the prospect of checking out the first time moms in their 30s is good, they're just going to think you're taking your grandkid to school. But this shit is absolutely for REAL. I've got one. My youngest was born 10/28/2009. Do the math. Luckily I wasn't quite that old. 

Reply/Quote
I endured the two-week leadup in the prior two Super Bowl trips, but it's been so damn long that I can't even remember what those experiences were like. I'm keeping myself distracted this week with hockey and the Olympics. I certainly won't be the first person to say this, but thank God for curling ThumbsUp

As to procreation, my wife is 51 and that ship already sailed off the edge of the earth, thankfully.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Yeah this week is gonna drag. I might even do some work to help pass it (none of my projects are due until next week and none of them are especially complicated).

All that said, FTS.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 09:28 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Welcome to the S-L-O-W-E-S-T  week of your lives. By the time Sunday rolls around, you'll think that it's May. 

My work closed for 2/14 so that was nice..

Yeah its a long 2 weeks for sure... And slightly miffed about the Hu-Dey beer and lack there of.

But this is the only time i can remember a decent amount of press coverage for the bengals lol
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 10:49 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I endured the two-week leadup in the prior two Super Bowl trips, but it's been so damn long that I can't even remember what those experiences were like.  I'm keeping myself distracted this week with hockey and the Olympics.  I certainly won't be the first person to say this, but thank God for curling ThumbsUp

As to procreation, my wife is 51 and that ship already sailed off the edge of the earth, thankfully.

go see my post last week on this topic  and all the possible babies being born this coming November if Bengies get a SB
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 09:28 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Welcome to the S-L-O-W-E-S-T  week of your lives. By the time Sunday rolls around, you'll think that it's May. 

Nah. It's been pretty quick for me, being Wed already. Only 4 more days. 

I'm actually as calm as i could possibly be, for 2 reasons. I've gone through this twice already so it's not really a "new" experience to me. Also, during the 49ers game earlier this year, the final straw finally arrived for me (i've already posted this a couple times). Long story short, i'm not going to get as emotionally invested in this team as i used to. I still watch and enjoy and read all the article and watch all the youtube videos and shows, but it's barely more than watching Seattle vs Dallas now. I root for them but i'll never get to the point again where i get even a small amount of mad at any play or game again. 

The really funny part about that is, it happened before their comeback and eventual loss to SF. I had flipped out and left a curse storm (on my way to my shop to get a glue gun for my wife) so dense, it registered on a barometer and i was hoarse by the time i got to work. Then as soon as i flipped the switch off (after returning home), they score 2 TDs and then go on this run--after i've been a rabid fan for 43 years. 

It's all good though cause now i can watch the game and just go about my day, unaffected, if things don't go well. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I'm old and retired so time flies by for me. Sometimes it's scary how fast it goes. So these four days will go quickly for me.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 09:28 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: And I hope you all took Monday off too. 

Why would I do that? When the Bengals win the Super Bowl, literally EVERYONE that I will come into contact with at work that Monday will know.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 03:12 PM)kalibengal Wrote: go see my post last week on this topic  and all the possible babies being born this coming November if Bengies get a SB

Nah, I'm good.  

(02-09-2022, 07:13 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Why would I do that? When the Bengals win the Super Bowl, literally EVERYONE that I will come into contact with at work that Monday will know.

Same here.  What good's a win if you can't make some people miserable. If it's a loss I'll just avoid everybody LOL  
Reply/Quote
I took Monday off. I'm 54 and it's going to take a day after all that drinking to get my head straight. Plus, I have 19 people coming to the mancave to party and watch the game.

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 10:54 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Yeah this week is gonna drag. I might even do some work to help pass it (none of my projects are due until next week and none of them are especially complicated).

All that said, FTS.
FTS....
Franco, Terry, and Stallworth. Three of my favorite Steelers from that era too. ThumbsUp

(02-09-2022, 03:01 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: My work closed for 2/14 so that was nice..

Yeah its a long 2 weeks for sure... And slightly miffed about the Hu-Dey beer and lack there of.

But this is the only time i can remember a decent amount of press coverage for the bengals lol
I even read that Gronk wants to play with Burrow. Not that you guys actually need him. Do you though? Thought that you were pretty set there. Regardless, I'd get him into the city just to party with. 

(02-09-2022, 07:01 PM)BengalRed Wrote: I'm old and retired so time flies by for me. Sometimes it's scary how fast it goes. 
True. I want it to stop. Every year is worse. Im guilty of looking back at a certain time that "wasn't that long ago," and then going back an equal time from that point and realizing how long ago that was. 

2001 wasn't THAT long ago. But it was the same amount of time from 1980 (the stone age) to 2001 as 2001 until now. 
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 03:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Nah. It's been pretty quick for me, being Wed already. Only 4 more days. 

I'm actually as calm as i could possibly be, for 2 reasons. I've gone through this twice already so it's not really a "new" experience to me. Also, during the 49ers game earlier this year, the final straw finally arrived for me (i've already posted this a couple times). Long story short, i'm not going to get as emotionally invested in this team as i used to. I still watch and enjoy and read all the article and watch all the youtube videos and shows, but it's barely more than watching Seattle vs Dallas now. I root for them but i'll never get to the point again where i get even a small amount of mad at any play or game again. 

The really funny part about that is, it happened before their comeback and eventual loss to SF. I had flipped out and left a curse storm (on my way to my shop to get a glue gun for my wife) so dense, it registered on a barometer and i was hoarse by the time i got to work. Then as soon as i flipped the switch off (after returning home), they score 2 TDs and then go on this run--after i've been a rabid fan for 43 years. 

It's all good though cause now i can watch the game and just go about my day, unaffected, if things don't go well. 

IIRC they didn't have the extra week off back then. You went right from the Champ game to the SB, so it wasn't so bad. 

But yeah, I don't get worked up about what the Steelers do and it's been that way for a while. It's probably why I can post here and it doesn't bother me. 

I've always said that no matter what happens on Sunday, I still have to go to work on Monday. Also, I have zero control on the outcome of the game and the Steelers don't send me a paycheck every week, so I don't get too emotionally wrapped up. It's all entertainment to me. 

I have no problem separating the team that I root for from the person that I am. Call whatever player whatever you want or say anything about the organization and that's fine. It has zero reflection on me personally. A lot of people can't do something so simple.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 10:49 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I endured the two-week leadup in the prior two Super Bowl trips, but it's been so damn long that I can't even remember what those experiences were like.  I'm keeping myself distracted this week with hockey and the Olympics.  I certainly won't be the first person to say this, but thank God for curling ThumbsUp

Class of '88? Cheers
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 06:22 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: FTS....
Franco, Terry, and Stallworth. Three of my favorite Steelers from that era too. ThumbsUp

Never heard of her. That one of Ben's victims?
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 12:14 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Never heard of her. That one of Ben's victims?

[Image: huh.gif]

If your joke is going to imply that he was talking about a woman, it would help a great deal if it even remotely sounded like he was talking about a woman.  
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 06:22 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: FTS....

I even read that Gronk wants to play with Burrow. Not that you guys actually need him. Do you though? Thought that you were pretty set there. Regardless, I'd get him into the city just to party with. 

True. I want it to stop. Every year is worse. Im guilty of looking back at a certain time that "wasn't that long ago," and then going back an equal time from that point and realizing how long ago that was. 

2001 wasn't THAT long ago. But it was the same amount of time from 1980 (the stone age) to 2001 as 2001 until now. 

Quote:True. I want it to stop. Every year is worse. Im guilty of looking back at a certain time that "wasn't that long ago," and then going back an equal time from that point and realizing how long ago that was. 
You and I think alike. I think things like that all the time. Oh well. Whatcha gonna do? Can't fight it so we might as well accept it and make the most of what time we have left. 
Reply/Quote
It should be obvious given the team I root for and what happened to them this season, but Always savor the last win more than the look ahead. The past is known and good yet always expands.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 12:53 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: [Image: huh.gif]

If your joke is going to imply that he was talking about a woman, it would help a great deal if it even remotely sounded like he was talking about a woman.  
Well the name "Terry" was in there, but still.... Lame
Probably the laziest attempt at smack ever. 
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 06:33 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Class of '88? Cheers

Nah, she's '89.  She has an October birthday and could have went early but her parents held her back.  
Reply/Quote