Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So long Marvin
The coaching staff has proven their incompetence (spare a couple) and this is the year Marvin is finally fired. I have wanted Marvin gone and I knew it would take a heartbreaking year to get rid of him but we are finally to that point. When you have the world's most quiet and humble star in AJ Green voicing out issues, you have officially lost the team. So long to my team for the 2017 year and so long Marvin Lewis. I look forward to what next year will bring.
Reply/Quote
It need(ed) to happen unfortunately and this is the year he will be gone.

Thanks for what you've done ML but its time to part ways.....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 03:52 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: The coaching staff has proven their incompetence (spare a couple) and this is the year Marvin is finally fired. I have wanted Marvin gone and I knew it would take a heartbreaking year to get rid of him but we are finally to that point. When you have the world's most quiet and humble star in AJ Green voicing out issues, you have officially lost the team. So long to my team for the 2017 year and so long Marvin Lewis. I look forward to what next year will bring.

Yup, Marvin flat out cant coach, he fails common sense coaching, like you don't punt losing by 20 in the fourth with 9 minutes left, your down 20, you have to stop the other team anyway it goes, rather at there 10 or there 40, its common football sense Ninja . Don't break  your fraile rookie in by running a reverse, give him a short pass or something, common sense. Deshaun Watson has thrown 5 passes in a row to Hopkins, he is staring him down every pass play, Double cover Hopkins, set a trap or double him and blitz, its easy, its common sense, instead we sit back and painfully watch pacman allow the Texans to march downfield taking 8 minutes of the clock. as if we had the lead. Marvin Lewis has no common football sense, he should have been gone. With our luck we he will be resigned for a 6 year deal.
Reply/Quote
I won't believe he's fired until a new coach is hired. I still give him better than average odds of getting a new (lifetime) deal. Especially now that they can get him a little cheaper.

This season is over. Eff this team and it's owners and coaches.
Reply/Quote
Historically, he isn't going anywhere and just solidified an extension.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Firing Marvin Lewis would help a little. Firing Ken Zampese would help a little more. Firing Paul Alexander would help a lot. The Cincinnati Bengals are one offensive line away from being one of the best teams in the league.

First of all, props to Paul Guenther and the defense, especially the run defense. They have allowed only 16.5 points on average so far this season and that's acceptable. I expect this statistic to improve in Week Four when Vontaze Burfict returns to the lineup.

However, an NFL offense should be able to score more than 17 points per game. That's the problem. Ken Zampese was a borderline quarterback coach and he doesn't have the mental skill set to be an offensive coordinator.

Bob Bratkowski was better. There; I said it!

Paul Alexander is the weakest link. The NFL blocking technique has changed drastically over the past 30 years but Paul is stuck in the 1990s. Even Paul Brown had a better blocking scheme in Cleveland 60 years ago. The 1950s Paul Brown directional blocking scheme would still be effective in 2018.* The 1990s "back up and resist" technique doesn't work. It worked against smaller defensive linemen and slower linebackers but did you see JJ Watt and Jadeveon Clowney last night? These men aren't unique anymore. Every team has players like this now and Paul Alexander still uses the same old same old...

...which brings me to Cedric Ogbuehi. I'm not upset with him. It's not Cedric's fault the Bengals drafted him and ruined his technique. He was, after all, a top rated draft prospect but the Bengals forgot one little thing: Who was Cedric blocking for?

Johnny Manziel.

Is Johnny a pocket passer? No. Is he mobile? Yes. Does a lineman have to sustain blocks if a quarterback is mobile? No. The next time the Bengals draft linemen, they need to look at schools with quarterbacks with similar skill sets to Andy Dalton. Blocking for Johnny Manziel isn't representative of what an NFL linemen should do.

*I have already written 2017 off.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 08:00 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Firing Marvin Lewis would help a little. Firing Ken Zampese would help a little more. Firing Paul Alexander would help a lot. The Cincinnati Bengals are one offensive line away from being one of the best teams in the league.

First of all, props to Paul Guenther and the defense, especially the run defense. They have allowed only 16.5 points on average so far this season and that's acceptable. I expect this statistic to improve in Week Four when Vontaze Burfict returns to the lineup.

However, an NFL offense should be able to score more than 17 points per game. That's the problem. Ken Zampese was a borderline quarterback coach and he doesn't have the mental skill set to be an offensive coordinator.

Bob Bratkowski was better. There; I said it!

Paul Alexander is the weakest link. The NFL blocking technique has changed drastically over the past 30 years but Paul is stuck in the 1990s. Even Paul Brown had a better blocking scheme in Cleveland 60 years ago. The 1950s Paul Brown directional blocking scheme would still be effective in 2018.* The 1990s "back up and resist" technique doesn't work. It worked against smaller defensive linemen and slower linebackers but did you see JJ Watt and Jadeveon Clowney last night? These men aren't unique anymore. Every team has players like this now and Paul Alexander still uses the same old same old...

...which brings me to Cedric Ogbuehi. I'm not upset with him. It's not Cedric's fault the Bengals drafted him and ruined his technique. He was, after all, a top rated draft prospect but the Bengals forgot one little thing: Who was Cedric blocking for?

Johnny Manziel.

Is Johnny a pocket passer? No. Is he mobile? Yes. Does a lineman have to sustain blocks if a quarterback is mobile? No. The next time the Bengals draft linemen, they need to look at schools with quarterbacks with similar skill sets to Andy Dalton. Blocking for Johnny Manziel isn't representative of what an NFL linemen should do.

This hit the nail on the head. All of it, but especially the part about Ced O. Trying to out a square peg in a round hole. That's been the Bengals MO for a long time now. Just sad. The 2018 NFL Draft season has officially begun here in Cincinnati.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 04:01 AM)corpjet Wrote: It need(ed) to happen unfortunately and this is the year he will be gone.

Thanks for what you've done ML but its time to part ways.....

No. No thank you for anything you've done. GTFO
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 03:52 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: The coaching staff has proven their incompetence (spare a couple) and this is the year Marvin is finally fired. I have wanted Marvin gone and I knew it would take a heartbreaking year to get rid of him but we are finally to that point. When you have the world's most quiet and humble star in AJ Green voicing out issues, you have officially lost the team. So long to my team for the 2017 year and so long Marvin Lewis. I look forward to what next year will bring.

Yeah, it is time.

AJ pretty much called him out, good job AJ, needed to be said.

Thanks Marv for the good times and you are good at putting a talented roster together but we need a Head Coach
that can fire up a team and make good decisions and for God sake, adjust in the game.

BTW, take PA and Zamp witcha. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 08:21 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: No. No thank you for anything you've done. GTFO

lol

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
They unfortunately allowed him to coach the few teams we had with loaded rosters to mediocre results...now they'll fire him while we have a subpar roster that won't attract a quality coach.

Great...
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 07:34 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Historically, he isn't going anywhere and just solidified an extension.

Eh, AJ Green wasn't calling out the Head Coach then Harley. These great players like Green have to win, losing isn't in their blood.

Losing like this ain't gonna fly. Marv will be gone and thank God.

I just hope Zamp and PA leave with him and we hire someone who is not inept to replace these guys.

(09-15-2017, 08:00 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Firing Marvin Lewis would help a little.  Firing Ken Zampese would help a little more. Firing Paul Alexander would help a lot.  The Cincinnati Bengals are one offensive line away from being one of the best teams in the league.

First of all, props to Paul Guenther and the defense, especially the run defense.  They have allowed only 16.5 points on average so far this season and that's acceptable.  I expect this statistic to improve in Week Four when Vontaze Burfict returns to the lineup.  

However, an NFL offense should be able to score more than 17 points per game.  That's the problem.  Ken Zampese was a borderline quarterback coach and he doesn't have the mental skill set to be an offensive coordinator.

Bob Bratkowski was better.  There; I said it!

Paul Alexander is the weakest link.  The NFL blocking technique has changed drastically over the past 30 years but Paul is stuck in the 1990s.  Even Paul Brown had a better blocking scheme in Cleveland 60 years ago.  The 1950s Paul Brown directional blocking scheme would still be effective in 2018.* The 1990s "back up and resist" technique doesn't work.  It worked against smaller defensive linemen and slower linebackers but did you see JJ Watt and Jadeveon Clowney last night? These men aren't unique anymore.  Every team has players like this now and Paul Alexander still uses the same old same old...

...which brings me to Cedric Ogbuehi. I'm not upset with him.  It's not Cedric's fault the Bengals drafted him and ruined his technique.  He was, after all, a top rated draft prospect but the Bengals forgot one little thing: Who was Cedric blocking for?

Johnny Manziel.

Is Johnny a pocket passer? No.  Is he mobile?  Yes.  Does a lineman have to sustain blocks if a quarterback is mobile?  No.  The next time the Bengals draft linemen, they need to look at schools with quarterbacks with similar skill sets to Andy Dalton.  Blocking for Johnny Manziel isn't representative of what an NFL linemen should do.

Great post FIK, i actually know some old folks like this who still don't think inflation happens...

Cheap bastids Whatever
Reply/Quote
So long... That's putting it nicely. He's overstayed his welcome to the point his legacy very well may end with a good riddance.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
They wont fire him after 15 years, but if anything they will not sign a new deal with him. Marv wont get fired, they get a new coach next year.

But the moment the season is truly lost is when they need to decide that , that way as soon as the season ends they can go out there to get their guy before someone else snags him.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Say we start 0-4 or 0-5...what's the point of firing him then? We won't make the playoffs.

May as well let him ride it out and go for a Top pick.
Reply/Quote
It's not the players. It's the scheme.
Reply/Quote
After that playoff fiasco versus Pittsburgh and how undisciplined the team was which cost us the win, it was the perfect time to fire Marv. How any head coach could survive that embarrassment is beyond me ... Oh right , we're talking about the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Hell bring Sam Wyche in for the rest of the year.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 02:55 PM)Millhouse Wrote: They wont fire him after 15 years, but if anything they will not sign a new deal with him. Marv wont get fired, they get a new coach next year.

But the moment the season is truly lost is when they need to decide that , that way as soon as the season ends they can go out there to get their guy before someone else snags him.

Should be handled like this.

(09-15-2017, 02:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Say we start 0-4 or 0-5...what's the point of firing him then? We won't make the playoffs.

May as well let him ride it out and go for a Top pick.

Yeah, no point. Let him run it into the ground at that point.

Get the coach you want and a top pick.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 03:07 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Hell bring Sam Wyche in for the rest of the year.

That would make us all feel better anyways. Cool
Reply/Quote