Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So long Marvin
(09-15-2017, 03:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That would make us all feel better anyways. Cool

Exactly what I was thinking. Maybe he would grab the mike one ,ore Time and remind us we don't live in Cleveland
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 02:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They unfortunately allowed him to coach the few teams we had with loaded rosters to mediocre results...now they'll fire him while we have a subpar roster that won't attract a quality coach.

Great...

I've said this in other threads and I'll say it again.  It's much, much harder to find superstars in the NFL than average guys that can step in and hold down a spot.

This roster has several top end players that a new coach would LOVE to build around.  Tell me an offensive coach wouldn't love to coach:

AJ Green
Tyler Eifert

Or a defensive guy wouldn't love to have the following guys to scheme with:

Geno Atkins
Carlos Dunlap
Vontaze Burfict

Throw in the young talent:

Ross, Mixon, Lawson, Willis and you've got some pretty damn good building blocks.

There isn't really a weak position on the defense.  Nothing really needs to be fixed.

A new coach will want his own QB, so you're looking at drafting a guy.  Use the money that's saved to get some O-line help and invest rounds 2-3 on the line and you've got this thing fixed in a hurry.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 03:16 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I've said this in other threads and I'll say it again.  It's much, much harder to find superstars in the NFL than average guys that can step in and hold down a spot.

This roster has several top end players that a new coach would LOVE to build around.  Tell me an offensive coach wouldn't love to coach:

AJ Green
Tyler Eifert

Or a defensive guy wouldn't love to have the following guys to scheme with:

Geno Atkins
Carlos Dunlap
Vontaze Burfict

Throw in the young talent:

Ross, Mixon, Lawson, Willis and you've got some pretty damn good building blocks.

There isn't really a weak position on the defense.  Nothing really needs to be fixed.

A new coach will want his own QB, so you're looking at drafting a guy.  Use the money that's saved to get some O-line help and invest rounds 2-3 on the line and you've got this thing fixed in a hurry.

Great post. Pistons always says we have a mediocre roster and i don't get it.

We have lots of talent to work with and some HOF type players that are arguably best at their positions in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 03:12 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Exactly what I was thinking. Maybe he would grab the mike one ,ore Time and remind us we don't live in Cleveland

lol
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 03:52 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: The coaching staff has proven their incompetence (spare a couple) and this is the year Marvin is finally fired. I have wanted Marvin gone and I knew it would take a heartbreaking year to get rid of him but we are finally to that point. When you have the world's most quiet and humble star in AJ Green voicing out issues, you have officially lost the team. So long to my team for the 2017 year and so long Marvin Lewis. I look forward to what next year will bring.

I'm guessing that based on your post here, you might be in your 20's. You should go do some research on the head coaching careers of Dave Shula and Bruce Coslet. Marvin has a long, long way to go, before he comes anywhere close to the depths those guys reached. Moreover, Marvin has had way more success and tenure than those guys, meaning his leash is much longer.

Here's Shula's info. He was 19-52 over 5 seasons. Marvin has a job for life here, so pray he yearns for retirement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Shula
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 02:55 PM)Millhouse Wrote: They wont fire him after 15 years, but if anything they will not sign a new deal with him. Marv wont get fired, they get a new coach next year.

But the moment the season is truly lost is when they need to decide that , that way as soon as the season ends they can go out there to get their guy before someone else snags him.

This is not the way to do it. Forget layalty here. Fire him now and the rest, get a new coaching staff in here now to build for next year. The Zampese firing is so small in comparison to the problem. Not to mention, again, they promoted from within who learned from the same fowled ideology. We need fresh blood in here with a strong desire to win. Stop shaking the branch and cut down the whole fuggin tree!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote