Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
So long fat randy
Who are we going to get? Hopefully they will be better.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 10:04 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Guarantee you Chad will be tweeting today wanting the job. LOL

Hilarious Would bring back Chad for the kicker competition just for the entertainment value...
Reply/Quote
Isn't he the 2nd most accurate kicker in Bengals history? Guess it makes sense that fans hated him. They hated the #1 guy as well (Shayne Graham). Come to think of it, it's easier to list the good Bengals players fans DIDN'T hate.

Anthony Munoz
AJ Green

...and that's about it. LOL
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 04:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Isn't he the 2nd most accurate kicker in Bengals history? Guess it makes sense that fans hated him. They hated the #1 guy as well (Shayne Graham). Come to think of it, it's easier to list the good Bengals players fans DIDN'T hate.

Anthony Munoz
AJ Green

I was gonna add Chad to your list, but I remember his antics pissed some people off.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 04:22 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I was gonna add Chad to your list, but I remember his antics pissed some people off.

a LOT of people hated Chad. Some still do.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 04:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Isn't he the 2nd most accurate kicker in Bengals history? Guess it makes sense that fans hated him. They hated the #1 guy as well (Shayne Graham). Come to think of it, it's easier to list the good Bengals players fans DIDN'T hate.

Anthony Munoz
AJ Green

Oh, I can tell you one that fans actually loved for 1 specific reason. Reggie Nelson

Reply/Quote

Anthony Munoz
AJ Green

That's the thing. Sure Randy is not Justin Tucker by any means.  Sure he had some moments that were not the best.  But he was a decent kicker for the Bengals, not amazing but not bad either.  During his time here there have been a lot of teams struggling to find a kicker that was at least decent.  He filled that role for the Bengals and I wish him the best in Detroit. Also I never cared for the Fat Randy thing even though I know a lot of fans use it as kind of a joke. But as I have said before I bet he is in better physical shape than most people that call him fat. :)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 04:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Isn't he the 2nd most accurate kicker in Bengals history? Guess it makes sense that fans hated him. They hated the #1 guy as well (Shayne Graham). Come to think of it, it's easier to list the good Bengals players fans DIDN'T hate.

Anthony Munoz
AJ Green

I even saw hate for AJ on this board over the years.

Reply/Quote
Whit was pretty much universally loved by our fans.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 04:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Whit was pretty much universally loved by our fans.

Yeah you could throw him on the list. Gio too, for the most part. I've seen people call for him to be cut due to his salary, but I don't think anybody hates him.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:40 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: So does this mean the kid we carried all last season is the new kicker?

first round, we will draft a kicker  Ninja
Reply/Quote
Also as for drafting a kicker here is an interesting article I ran across from April 2020:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28990207/nfl-draft-conundrum-using-pick-kicker-complicated-decision

"For every Sebastian Janikowski there is Roberto Aguayo. Of the 47 kickers taken since the draft went to its current round format, 19 ended up kicking for the team that drafted them for at least three seasons. If you include recent draft picks Jason Sanders (Miami), Austin Seibert (Cleveland) and Matt Gay (Tampa Bay), the number becomes 22.

Over half the time (53.2%), the pick is a failure."

That is an interesting stat and note Austin Seibert is currently a Bengal and Matt Gay is now with the Rams. So I do wonder if even using a late round pick on a kicker is worth it. Or maybe better to look for an undrafted kicker to compete with Seibert.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Reports surfaced today the Bengals are looking for a one legged kicker..Right legged and only has a left leg.. Prosthetics optional ..  Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I heard Brown is proposing to the rules committee to eliminate kickoffs, extra points, and field goals. He views it as an effective cost saving measure.
Reply/Quote
As stated above, he was the 2nd most accurate kicker in Bengals history. Be careful what you wish for.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Randy was a very good kicker for us. Just missed some big kicks in the clutch. I think this is where the hate comes from
similar to Shane Graham who missed some big ones and most notably one that would of got us into the Playoffs one year.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 08:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Randy was a very good kicker for us. Just missed some big kicks in the clutch. I think this is where the hate comes from
similar to Shane Graham who missed some big ones and most notably one that would of got us into the Playoffs one year.

I don't get the hate either guys. Some guys are just PO'ed at their own life and take it out on the players at times.

omg. Don't go over to the dark side and be "that guy", Nate...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
He did a pretty decent while in stripes. I'm gonna miss yelling FAT RANDY! Every time he would kick for points.
Reply/Quote
Earth shattering news, when he stomped out of the building
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 06:52 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: As stated above, he was the 2nd most accurate kicker in Bengals history. Be careful what you wish for.

Yeah how dare us wish for a good clutch kicker,how dare us!! 10 more losing seasons for us just for wanting that!!
Reply/Quote