Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So many ifs!
If the Jets had beaten the Bills the Steelers wouldn't have been in the playoffs and the Bengals wouldn't have lost their minds against whoever they played.

If Andy hadn't broken his thumb the Bengals wouldn't have been playing a playoff game with a backup QB and would probably have won.

If the refs had ruled no catch on the TD by Bryant the replay probably would not show enough to overturn the call and the Bengals probably would have outscored the Steelers by more than one point.

If the two point try had been successful the Steelers would have only tied the game with the field goal.

If Hill hadn't fumbled the Bengals most likely run out the clock and win the game.

If Burfict had pulled up a little he probably wouldn't have nailed Brown so hard thus no penalty.

If (Jerry) Porter had not come out on the field (or if Adam Jones kept his cool) Jones would not have been penalized.

Can anyone think of any more? It almost feels like karma that the Bengals were supposed to lose. Almost like (dare I say) they're cursed.

A wise man once told me that if a frog had hip pockets he'd carry a 22 to keep the snakes off.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
3 biggest plays before the meltdown. Rey dropping an easy pick. McCarrons fumble, the Bryant non catch. The two point conversion. Then the fumble
Reply/Quote
IF Hill would've fumbled on 3rd down instead of 1st down the odds of winning would've went way up.
Reply/Quote
From something I read in another thread, if Porter had been flagged for being on the field the penalties would have offset.
Reply/Quote
If we score any points in the first half, we win.

If Carson's knee wasn't shredded in the 2005 playoff game, we may have gotten to the Super Bowl.

If Paul hires Bill Walsh as head coach instead of Tiger Johnson, we may have been the team of the '80s.

If Paul had worn condoms religiously in 1935, we'd all be much happier.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
The what if game is what losers do. Sad
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 08:46 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: If we score any points in the first half, we win.

If Carson's knee wasn't shredded in the 2005 playoff game, we may have gotten to the Super Bowl.

If Paul hires Bill Walsh as head coach instead of Tiger Johnson, we may have been the team of the '80s.

If Paul had worn condoms religiously in 1935, we'd all be much happier.
Lol. That's funny.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 08:51 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The what if game is what losers do. Sad

Ouch! Why the hate brother. We're all Bengal fans here Whatever
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 08:51 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The what if game is what losers do. Sad

Yes.. lol.
Reply/Quote

Well, we lost, so...yeah.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 08:58 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Ouch! Why the hate brother. We're all Bengal fans here Whatever

It's just a line I was repeating over and over when we were 8-0 and the other teams were making excuses, lol.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote

I agree. Its time to move on. The frustration won't go away, but the constant reliving of it is about done for me.
Reply/Quote
No one else to blame. Simple as that

Reply/Quote
If Shazier gets flagged for the helmet-to-helmet hit on Gio, then the Bengals keep the ball and almost certainly get points.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 09:40 PM)Beaker Wrote: I agree. Its time to move on. The frustration won't go away, but the constant reliving of it is about done for me.

I will never move on. I've been a fan of the Bengals since day one in 68 and I've lived through a lot of heartache. I'll never let it go.
Reply/Quote
If we would've won the game, so many of us wouldn't be tirelessly combing through the forums trying to fill the void searching for new information while denying the reality that the season is truly over.

This was the year we should've won it all. I will always believe this. And I just feel sad.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 10:47 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: If we would've won the game, so many of us wouldn't be tirelessly combing through the forums trying to fill the void searching for new information while denying the reality that the season is truly over.

This was the year we should've won it all.   I will always believe this.  And I just feel sad.

I hear ya bro ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 10:47 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: If we would've won the game, so many of us wouldn't be tirelessly combing through the forums trying to fill the void searching for new information while denying the reality that the season is truly over.

This was the year we should've won it all. I will always believe this. And I just feel sad.

Same here. It's been almost excatly a week since that game unraveled, and I still can't believe what I saw unfold. Like you I keep looking for something to help me make sense of it all.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 09:40 PM)Beaker Wrote: I agree. Its time to move on. The frustration won't go away, but the constant reliving of it is about done for me.

not me Beak, I won't quit my bitchin until the shitbag stoolers lose.

Reply/Quote
If the entire team showed up before the 4th quarter, we win.

If we put up a field goal in the first 45 minutes of the game, we win.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote