Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So much for Barwin....
The most disappointing free agency continues. Barwin signed with the Rams.
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Who?
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 12:40 AM)motoarch Wrote: Who?

Connor Barwin. The Pro Bowl DE/LB with more career sacks than Michael Johnson.

The guy that just visited the team associated with this message board.

Mellow
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 12:34 AM)Trademark Wrote: The most disappointing free agency continues. Barwin signed with the Rams.

Now Connor Barwin and Andrew Whitworth can have a good laugh together.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 07:30 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Now Connor Barwin and Andrew Whitworth can have a good laugh together.

About how bad the Rams are? Probably. 

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 07:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: About how bad the Rams are? Probably. 

The Rams are horrible.  That's a given.  However, they are making moves toward success while Cincinnati falls behind while making moves to enable the status quo.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 01:55 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Connor Barwin. The Pro Bowl DE/LB with more career sacks than Michael Johnson.

The guy that just visited the team associated with this message board.

Mellow

Maybe they didn't see as a good fit to the 4-3 we run.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 10:26 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Barwin signed a 1 year contract for up to $6.5 million. No way we'd go that high.

On the positive side...he'll be a free agent again next year so we can bring him in for another visit.  Sarcasm

He won't be old enough..... Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 10:28 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Maybe they didn't see as a good fit to the 4-3 we run.

He was a terrible fit here. He's an OLB in a 3-4 or a DE and he's not as effective as a DE.

He also costed $6.5 million. I doubt the Bengals would pony that up.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 10:31 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He was a terrible fit here. He's an OLB in a 3-4 or a DE and he's not as effective as a DE.

Precisely. At this point, the Bengals are looking for players who will come in for less than $5 mill a year. Likely now with Andre Smith in the fold, more in the $2-4 mill range.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 07:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: About how bad the Rams are? Probably. 

"Damn man, can you believe we signed with this 4 win team? Aw shucks Whit...we shoulda signed with that 6 win team you were on."

(03-17-2017, 10:28 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Maybe they didn't see as a good fit to the 4-3 we run.

They should've known whether or not he was a fit before he ever took a visit. That's what player personnel departments are for.

(03-17-2017, 10:31 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He was a terrible fit here. He's an OLB in a 3-4 or a DE and he's not as effective as a DE.

I wouldn't say a terrible fit. He slots better as a 3-4 rush LB, but he has the size (265ish) to play DE in a 4-3. I wouldn't completely judge him off of one season as a DE where he wasn't exactly bad anyway (5 sacks...more than Michael Johnson). IMO, he'd be a slight upgrade for slightly more in 2017 salary. I'm not upset he got away, but I am curious why the Bengals are once again bringing in guys they clearly have no intention of signing. Barwin was never going to sign for a rock bottom salary. He's too young and productive for that.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
6.5 million would've been a lot to pay for a square peg in a round hole.
Reply/Quote
I guess he turned down the 5 year 1.5 million offer he got from us.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 10:30 AM)Wyche Wrote: He won't be old enough..... Mellow

We'll get him the next tome he's a FA.  Or maybe the one after that.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 12:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: "Damn man, can you believe we signed with this 4 win team? Aw shucks Whit...we shoulda signed with that 6 win team you were on."

It was one thing to see Bengals fans get indignant that our players would DARE sign for a losing franchise for more money rather than stay here and "have the chance to win a ring" during our 5 year "Playoff Participants" run...but now that we were lucky to get 6 wins?  Lordy, have some perspective people.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 02:33 PM)jj22 Wrote: I guess he turned down the 5 year 1.5 million offer he got from us.

Hilarious
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 07:51 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Rams are horrible.  That's a given.  However, they are making moves toward success while Cincinnati falls behind while making moves to enable the status quo.

This isn't even status quo tho.

We are clearly getting worse because of lack of movement in FA and we have done this the past decade
Reply/Quote