Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So much for the Bengals being more active in free agency
The Ravens just got Calais Campbell for a 5th round pick...
Reply/Quote
You know that's not free agency, right? It has nothing to do with what the Bengals will do in free agency.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2020, 03:44 PM)Trademark Wrote: The Ravens just got Calais Campbell for a 5th round pick...

Just the worst attempt to sneak this into Jungle Noise lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2020, 03:44 PM)Trademark Wrote: The Ravens just got Calais Campbell for a 5th round pick...

You left out the part of him making $15 million in 2020 and Campbell will be 34 years old this season.
I'd say Ratbirds got played.
Besides this having nothing to do with free agency, the Bengals would be nuts to do this.
Reply/Quote
I think it's a solid pickup for them, but it's a piece that allows them to win this year and not a future play. For their team it makes sense and for the Bengals, it doesn't

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
The Ravens move to acquire Campbell tell me their
Ownership is more intrested in winning than
Making a tidy profit
That is a franchise who despite making the AFC
TITLE game are still examining their roster
To get over the hump
The Jags probally let it be known months ago
Campbell was available for trade
Mike Brown will never pay top dollar for another teams FA
Even if that player meant getting the Bengals closer
To winning a playoff game
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2020, 05:27 PM)impactplaya Wrote: The Ravens move to acquire Campbell tell me their
Ownership is more intrested in winning than
Making a tidy profit
That is a franchise who despite making the AFC
TITLE game are still examining their roster
To get over the hump
The Jags probally let it be known months ago
Campbell was available for trade
Mike Brown will never pay top dollar for another teams FA
Even if that player meant getting the Bengals closer
To winning a playoff game

So you really expect a Bengals team that's about to release several veterans and draft a new young QB and re-build the roster to trade one of their draft choices for a 34 yr old highly paid DL who only has a few years left to play?

It makes total sense for a Ravens team that could be only a player or 2 away from making it to the SB; but, the Bengals are 3-4 starters on each side of the ball away. A move like that would have everyone scratching their heads.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2020, 05:39 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: So you really expect a Bengals team that's about to release several veterans and draft a new young QB and re-build the roster to trade one of their draft choices for a 34 yr old highly paid DL who only has a few years left to play?

It makes total sense for a Ravens team that could be only a player or 2 away from making it to the SB; but, the Bengals are 3-4 starters on each side of the ball away. A move like that would have everyone scratching their heads.

I never stated that Bengals should have pursued Campbell.
I said MIke Brown will never pay top dollar for another teams
Free agent. 
The Bengals are very frugal when it comes signing free agents 
From another team. They zero in on a certain tier. 
And the ones they sign are not exactly in a whole lot of demand 
Around the league. 
They are just really bodies on the field. Not really difference makers 
Reply/Quote
That's definitely a "win this season and maybe next" move. This has nothing to do with the Bengals.
Reply/Quote

Good move for the Ravens, but this had diddly to do with free agency.

Maybe we should wait until they actually don't do anything to rip them for not doing anything?

This headline had me thinking you found some quote that confirmed the Bengals wouldn't be active. Whatever
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2020, 07:24 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Good move for the Ravens, but this had diddly to do with free agency.

Maybe we should wait until they actually don't do anything to rip them for not doing anything?

This headline had me thinking you found some quote that confirmed the Bengals wouldn't be active. Whatever

Campbell’s deal is $20 million guaranteed in a two year deal priced at $27 million. Incredibly rich for a guy his age. For Campbell it’s his last NFL contract and human beings what they are, where will his motivations come since he gets paid whether he busts his butt or not?
Reply/Quote
Glad the Bengals didn't give up a 5th rounder plus take on a $15 mil cap hit for a DL.
I'd rather $15 mill be spent on OL or LB.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2020, 07:37 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: Campbell’s deal is $20 million guaranteed in a two year deal priced at $27 million. Incredibly rich for a guy his age.  For Campbell it’s his last NFL contract and human beings what they are, where will his motivations come since he gets paid whether he busts his butt or not?

The move makes sense for the Ravens for the same reason a human being should be motivated by playing for the Ravens: They are all-in on a championship. These are the types of moves teams make when they are close and just looking for that extra edge. Campbell isn't that old, either. He turns 34 before the season. He's 3.5 years younger than Terrell Suggs and has remained effective.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Remember when everyone was saying how great the Jags were at team building? LoL.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2020, 07:50 PM)Synric Wrote: Remember when everyone was saying how great the Jags were at team building? LoL.

Except for qb, they did ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals were entering Joe Burrow's 3rd season and needed only a couple more pieces to be a legit super bowl contender and they let a move like this happen, I could see the frustration. But the reality is that this team has a lot of building to do until we're even near that and doing that when we're not even sure if Burrow will pan out (he will) would be stupid. Also, considering his age, contract, and the fact that DE isn't a desperate need I don't think this would make sense for the Bengals anyway. It does for the Ravens because they've just entered their window. Campbell is still good despite his age but he doesn't put the Ravens over the top.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2020, 06:07 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I never stated that Bengals should have pursued Campbell.
I said MIke Brown will never pay top dollar for another teams
Free agent. 
The Bengals are very frugal when it comes signing free agents 
From another team. They zero in on a certain tier. 
And the ones they sign are not exactly in a whole lot of demand 
Around the league. 
They are just really bodies on the field. Not really difference makers 

The way your post was, it made it sound like we should've went after him. But, I do agree with you on this statement. I'm hoping that this year is different for OG, DT, LB and/or DBs.
I'd at least like 1 of the top 3 FA's at one of those positions this year. (With Scherff getting tagged in Wash, that puts a big gash in OGs. Tuney will be asking for a gazillion dollars.
The big money should be spent on the OL to protect the new QB IMO.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2020, 05:39 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: So you really expect a Bengals team that's about to release several veterans and draft a new young QB and re-build the roster to trade one of their draft choices for a 34 yr old highly paid DL who only has a few years left to play?

Breaking news!!!!

JerseyDD09 has a really hot take to share with us. 
Reply/Quote