Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So much in this play...
Burrow does a fantastic job scrambling, but watch Tyler get knocked to the ground before getting back up to catch the pass, and then watch Chase stop running thinking the play is dead and Zac goes after him yelling, LOL.

Reply/Quote
It was rather awesome ! A game changing play.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Is it just me, or did it seem like to anyone else there was an excessive amount of rubber coming up from the field when the players were running. I wonder if the Saints did some home prep to the field.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 08:34 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Is it just me, or did it seem like to anyone else there was an excessive amount of rubber coming up from the field when the players were running. I wonder if the Saints did some home prep to the field.

I noticed it on the long Chase TD when he was high stepping into the end zone. That stuff was flying up.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 08:42 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I noticed it on the long Chase TD when he was high stepping into the end zone. That stuff was flying up.

Yeah, you always see it when a foot is drug, but even in the clips above you can see it coming up when players are running. I don't know what kind of advantage that could add, if any, I just found it weird.
Reply/Quote
Gunter did hurt himself, non-contact, before the game and there were a few lower-body injuries throughout the day (Trautman, Tupou).

So yeah, wouldn't put it past them...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 09:34 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Gunter did hurt himself, non-contact, before the game and there were a few lower-body injuries throughout the day (Trautman, Tupou).

I would have put my mortgage up that Trautman blew his Achilles when it happened.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 09:34 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Gunter did hurt himself, non-contact, before the game and there were a few lower-body injuries throughout the day (Trautman, Tupou).

Yeah, the saints doctored their field so it
Would only impact or affect the bengals negatively.
Reply/Quote
How was that not pass interference on the Saints DB who knocked Tyler Boyd down?
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 09:48 AM)ATOTR Wrote: Yeah, the saints doctored their field so it

Well, when you're running a bunch of practice squad WRs out there, and your opponent has burners at that position, then yeah, it would benefit NO to slow the track down.

In high school football, we played a team that was slow and we were rather fast. It hadn't rained in weeks, but the field was soaking wet and the fire department's tanker was dripping. Hmm

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 09:55 AM)SmoothD Wrote: How was that not pass interference on the Saints DB who knocked Tyler Boyd down?

There's a rule if the QB is scrambling, you can contact the receiver, but I'm not sure on the nuances of the rule.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 09:58 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Well, when you're running a bunch of practice squad WRs out there, and your opponent has burners at that position, then yeah, it would benefit NO to slow the track down.

In high school football, we played a team that was slow and we were rather fast. It hadn't rained in weeks, but the field was soaking wet and the fire department's tanker was dripping. Hmm

No it wouldn’t. They would be slowed down the same. Making bad wrs even worse. Just stop
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 09:59 AM)Wyche Wrote: There's a rule if the QB is scrambling, you can contact the receiver, but I'm not sure on the nuances of the rule.

If the QB is out of the pocket you can but once the ball is thrown it would be PI. So can be a little risky but on a play like that where he's obviously not going to be throwing at that time it can be a good play. 

It doesn't look like the defender was trying to knock Boyd over though and they ran into each other on the scramble drill.
Reply/Quote
JB in trouble scrambling all the way back at his own 12 yd line and finds Boyd who dives for a 1st at the 41. Usually broken plays like that end up with an O holding call but they pulled it off. Thru 3 3/4 quarters it looked bleak and sure looked like a Saints win, I'm glad I was wrong with my guess score.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 09:55 AM)SmoothD Wrote: How was that not pass interference on the Saints DB who knocked Tyler Boyd down?

QB was out of the pocket and the ball hadn't been released yet.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 10:08 AM)ATOTR Wrote: No it wouldn’t. They would be slowed down the same. Making bad wrs even worse.  Just stop

Well, I've personally seen it done a few times, watering a field, growing grass high, etc over the years, but whatever. I don't know enough about field turf to say, and doubt the league lets things like that happen, but it's not out of the realm of possibility, and it does/has happened in the past.

Reply/Quote
The loose material is a characteristic of Field Turf, and one reason it does not cause injuries as much as AstroTurf used to.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 12:03 PM)Joelist Wrote: The loose material is a characteristic of Field Turf, and one reason it does not cause injuries as much as AstroTurf used to.

YUP! I was working for the UK athletic dept when they replaced the astroturf at Nutter Fieldhouse with FieldTurf. You so much as take a brisk walk across FieldTurf and you will see that rubber fly.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 09:48 AM)ATOTR Wrote: Yeah, the saints doctored their field so it

I didn't know Trautman was on our team...
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 09:39 AM)higgy100 Wrote: I would have put my mortgage up that Trautman blew his Achilles when it happened.

As I said in the rep., I thought so too; he went down like a statue collapsing... (on its knees lol).

He did come in for at least 1 play afterwards, with what looked like gold tape on his ankle, but they showed him briefly walking off and shaking his head.
Reply/Quote