Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So since opposing TEs are eating up our LBers.....
I thought the NFL was a copy cat league.
Ebron and Doyle combined for over 100 yds and a TD Sunday.
I think they both coverted a total of 6 1st downs.
what has me wondering.....how come the Bengals offensive braintrust
just cant return the favor to.opposing defenses.
Eifert Kroft and Uzamah are capable of doing damage
underneath as opposing TEs have done since I watched the Texans TE dismantle
our LBers since that playoff loss.
any input would be grateful
Reply/Quote
The Bengals like playing zone with their safety’s. They don’t like getting beat deep. Which leaves Vigil , Evans n Nickerson man on man with the TE. Evans n Nickerson were just awful covering the backs n TE. We need Burfict back ASAP. We need to play more cover 3 n drop Feg In box. Have confidence in Jackson n Dre.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 11:47 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I thought the NFL was a copy cat league.
Ebron and Doyle combined for over 100 yds and a TD Sunday.
I think they both coverted a total of 6 1st downs.
what has me wondering.....how come the Bengals offensive braintrust
just cant return the favor to.opposing defenses.
Eifert Kroft and Uzamah are capable of doing damage
underneath as opposing TEs have done since I watched the Texans TE dismantle
our LBers since that playoff loss.
any input would be grateful

The production from one position does not matter.  What matters is the total production from the passing game.  So who cares if the TEs get some yards when our overall pass defense has been among the very best in the league for the last few years?
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 11:48 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The production from one position does not matter.  What matters is the total production from the passing game.  So who cares if the TEs get some yards when our overall pass defense has been among the very best in the league for the last few years?

That's true.  However,  if they could have clamped down on some of those TE receptions in the first half - they might have been able to have a few more three and outs instead of giving up the first downs.  I'm with you though - I think the DB's have been solid going back to J Jo.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This TE thing is older than Mikey himself and nothing new. I'd much rather have TEs gaining 10 & 20 yards for 1st downs than WRs running free for 80 yard TDs. Nothing is more disheartening than those long, wide open receptions along the sidelines.  I think we all remember those games when we routinely gave up those long passes for TDs. I certainly remember those days and don't particularly miss them. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote