Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gil Brandt's Stats
(10-26-2016, 09:22 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Only 6 DEs in the entire league have more QB hurries than MJ.

Only 11 DEs have more tackles for loss.

Ony 20 DEs have more QB hits.

I still expected better from MJ this year, he was banged up last year. This year he is not and is being freed up by Geno
and is playing on the QB's blindside. Love the guy off the field but he needs to play much better. Dunlap has been great
this year, our one D-lineman that is. Clarke and Hunt have impressed in their small amount of snaps as well.

If Clarke and Hunt were not impressing i would not be calling for them to have more snaps but they are.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 04:45 PM)milksheikh Wrote: How is the WR clutch catch thing calculated?

I imagine it means contested catches or 3rd down catches. Not sure. Because AJ Green has 31 1st down catches this year, ranking him 3rd in the league below Evans and Julio
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 06:43 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: How about Newman 37 year old ch killing it for zim

Zim has some kind fountain of youth for Newman. Newman didn't look good for his last few years in Dallas, and then he comes here and improves his game. He looked like he was falling off the cliff in 2014 (when Zim had left), and then he signs with Zim in Minnesota and looks to be his younger self again.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 09:22 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Only 6 DEs in the entire league have more QB hurries than MJ.

Only 11 DEs have more tackles for loss.

Ony 20 DEs have more QB hits.

Could you post the source and the entire list?  I'm sure this would be interesting in relation to snaps played.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 08:14 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Could you post the source and the entire list?  I'm sure this would be interesting in relation to snaps played.  

Johnson has played more snaps than any other defensive lineman. His snapcount on the year is 78.4%. 5th on our defense.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 02:04 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Johnson has played more snaps than any other defensive lineman. His snapcount on the year is 78.4%. 5th on our defense.

What is your point?  Burnt toast keeps talking about MJ's elite status among DEs in terms of hurries and hits, but he doesn't provide any frame of reference.  I know he has played a lot (way too many) of snaps for our D.  
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 03:52 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: What is your point?  Burnt toast keeps talking about MJ's elite status among DEs in terms of hurries and hits, but he doesn't provide any frame of reference.  I know he has played a lot (way too many) of snaps for our D.  

You asked about snaps. Johnson is in 78% of the time.

I'm assuming he is using sporting charts.

In which, Johnson has 10 hurries. Ranking him 30th in the NFL. But that would make him tied for 9th among DEs.

Above him are JPP, Brandon Graham, Oliver Vernon, Jabaal Sheard, Carlos Dunlap, Yannick Ngakoue, Adrian Claiborne, and Danielle Hunter.

He is tied with Everson Griffen, Chris Baker, Dwight Freeney, Cameron Wake, and Chris Long.

Everyone I named besides JPP and Chris Long have more sacks than MJ.

But, there's also 23 other DE's that have more sacks than MJ. Will Clarke is one of them.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 03:52 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: What is your point?  Burnt toast keeps talking about MJ's elite status among DEs in terms of hurries and hits, but he doesn't provide any frame of reference.  I know he has played a lot (way too many) of snaps for our D.  

This is really getting pathetic.  I have already given you the snap numbers in this thread .  .  .   http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Paulie-G?pid=290724&highlight=snaps#pid290724   (starting at post #65)

The fact that you resort to lies like this is really pathetic.  I even posted the link so you could look at the numbers yourself.

All it shows that the only one getting "burnt" in these discussions is you.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 08:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is really getting pathetic.  I have already given you the snap numbers in this thread .  .  .   http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Paulie-G?pid=290724&highlight=snaps#pid290724   (starting at post #65)

The fact that you resort to lies like this is really pathetic.  I even posted the link so you could look at the numbers yourself.

All it shows that the only one getting "burnt" in these discussions is you.

Sorry, Golden-brown toast, the only link you posted in that thread was some lame attempt at defending Marvin's lack of aggression with a stat that only looked at going for it on fourth down.  

Try again?

You spewed numbers that had no frame of reference and when I ask for the link, you get really defensive.  So share the link and I will look at the big picture from Johnson and not just what you want us to believe tells a very different story than we are seeing on Sundays.  
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 08:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I can see why you would think this with their rankings this season and their record, but I honestly believe it comes down to a few key cogs that are causing the entire machine to sputter:

On offense:  Ced O and Bodine.  No, Zeitler isn't playing top 5 Guard either, but these two are getting a lot of pressure against Andy, and against teams without great pass rushers.  The running game is nonexistant (with the lone exception being this past weekend) due in large part to Bodine, but the scheme is just as guilty)  I heard a stat that the Bengals rank #30 in the NFL in "sack differential" with a -7.  That is really, really bad.  Which leads me to the next point. 

On defense:  Michael Johnson.  He looks lazy out there.  He doesn't make good reads, he doesn't get good blind-side pressure, despite never getting double teamed thanks to Geno and Dunlap.  So many of the big runs this team gives up are cut-backs where he loses containment.  Now I see the team dropping him in to coverage where he just loafs along and can't cover anyone.  

LB play on the defense has been similarly poor in run recognition and TE/RB coverage.  Vinny Rey has been the best in the group and has played very well.  I am hoping that Tez will return to form, since this is essentially his final preseason game, due to his suspension.  
This post is right on. I would add that we are getting nothing from TE due to injury and little from Boyd due to inexperience. New role players have not stepped up like we needed: Ced, Boyd, Dansby, Hunt/Clarke, Williams, and Dennard. If just these 6 played as expected, we would be in good shape.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2016, 10:51 AM)James Brooks Wrote: This post is right on. I would add that we are getting nothing from TE due to injury and little from Boyd due to inexperience. New role players have not stepped up like we needed: Ced, Boyd, Dansby, Hunt/Clarke, Williams, and Dennard. If just these 6 played as expected, we would be in good shape.

Actually, Boyd has done very well. There have been a few times they've shown on instant replay where Boyd was open and Dalton either missed the throw or didn't see him. It's hard to see the whole field when there's as much pressure as Dalton's facing, though.

Reply/Quote