Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So the anti-Trump vote in Ohio...
I'm assuming it's Kasich. It's a winner take all state and Kasich and Trump are the only ones who have a chance. so the best you can do is deny Trump the delegates.

I blame the combo of Cruz, Rubio and Kasich for not figuring this out. If only one were in, Trump is gone
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-14-2016, 03:35 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm assuming it's Kasich.  It's a winner take all state and Kasich and Trump are the only ones who have a chance.  so the best you can do is deny Trump the delegates.

I blame the combo of Cruz, Rubio and Kasich for not figuring this out.  If only one were in, Trump is gone

Trump is pretty much capped around 40%. 

One of the other candidates would over take him in short order IMO. 
I don't think Trump has reached his ceiling yet.

The more the Left does to prevent him from publicly speaking, the more the GOP will dig in and support him.
(03-14-2016, 03:47 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I don't think Trump has reached his ceiling yet.

The more the Left does to prevent him from publicly speaking, the more the GOP will dig in and support him.

Huh? 
It's not the GOP "base" supporting him.
He's getting a lot of moderate Dems and people who don't identify with either party.

Trump is dead last in terms of "second choice" candidates. 
(03-14-2016, 03:35 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm assuming it's Kasich.  It's a winner take all state and Kasich and Trump are the only ones who have a chance.  so the best you can do is deny Trump the delegates.

I blame the combo of Cruz, Rubio and Kasich for not figuring this out.  If only one were in, Trump is gone

It'll be interesting. Kasich should take the state (which doesn't mean much to his very outside shot at winning the nomination), but some voters may go for Rubio or Cruz just out of fear of Trump winning it.
If Kasich wins Ohio, it's nearly a guaranteed brokered convention.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(03-14-2016, 04:11 PM)Benton Wrote: It'll be interesting. Kasich should take the state (which doesn't mean much to his very outside shot at winning the nomination), but some voters may go for Rubio or Cruz just out of fear of Trump winning it.

Rubio and Cruz don't help because there is no way they win the state, and it's winner take all.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(03-14-2016, 04:03 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Huh? 
It's not the GOP "base" supporting him.
He's getting a lot of moderate Dems and people who don't identify with either party.

Trump is dead last in terms of "second choice" candidates. 

Dam.
I guess I'm not part of the "base" and neither are many of my friends who seem to be throwing in their support with Trump. Now if you mean the GOP top dogs, then yea, I can understand that, but you are off on your assessment of the voting base.
(03-14-2016, 04:36 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: If Kasich wins Ohio, it's nearly a guaranteed brokered convention.

Which may be the best option. I'm all for a brokered convention. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(03-14-2016, 05:33 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Which may be the best option. I'm all for a brokered convention. 

That's the best bet for Rubio (who I'm leaning towards on that side). 
(03-14-2016, 05:07 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Dam.
I guess I'm not part of the "base" and neither are many of my friends who seem to be throwing in their support with Trump. Now if you mean the GOP top dogs, then yea, I can understand that, but you are off on your assessment of the voting base.

I know a lot of GOP "base"

I spent a lot of time in the College Republicans in college and volunteered for a few campaigns. Not a single person I met in my time doing any of that is supporting Trump.

So yeah, I guess I would say you aren't as "base" as you think. 

Maybe I'm wrong and they are just over-principled and don't sell out for a lying asshole snake oil salesman.
Boehner endorsed Kasich today. I'm assuming Trump is now favored to win Ohio by 30.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Thing is, if Trump is near 40% with the other 3 in, he needs just 1 out of 6 of the "not-Trump" voters to break over 50%.

Still don't think he has much chance in the general. That's 50% of primary voters who will either stay home or vote someone else. You can't have even 10-15% of the base stay home and win the general.
--------------------------------------------------------

(03-14-2016, 06:08 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I know a lot of GOP "base"

I spent a lot of time in the College Republicans in college and volunteered for a few campaigns. Not a single person I met in my time doing any of that is supporting Trump.

So yeah, I guess I would say you aren't as "base" as you think. 

Maybe I'm wrong and they are just over-principled and don't sell out for a lying asshole snake oil salesman.
Do you think your GOP base buddies will give the White House to the Democrats if Trump wins the GOP nomination. Because Republican voter turnout has been at record highs this year and I'm going to go out on a limb and say it is not because John Kasich is running.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(03-14-2016, 08:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Do you think your GOP base buddies will give the White House to the Democrats if Trump wins the GOP nomination. Because Republican voter turnout has been at record highs this year and I'm going to go out on a limb and say it is not because John Kasich is running.  

I don't know how prevalent it is, but I have heard interviews and seen tweets and blog posts from lifelong Republicans, some former staffers in state branches, that have said they will vote for Clinton or Sanders over Trump. Some even said over Cruz as well. Again, I don't know what the percentage would actually be, but I have seen several of these sorts of statements.
(03-14-2016, 08:41 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I don't know how prevalent it is, but I have heard interviews and seen tweets and blog posts from lifelong Republicans, some former staffers in state branches, that have said they will vote for Clinton or Sanders over Trump. Some even said over Cruz as well. Again, I don't know what the percentage would actually be, but I have seen several of these sorts of statements.

That most likely folks just running off at that mouth because "their" candidate is not going to win. I would love for 1 Republican to tell me why they would vote for Sanders in the General. Hillary may pull one or two because they know she can be easily influenced. 

I've likewise read reports of Dems voting the other side if Hillary or Sanders gets the nod. But when it comes down to it, basically it is which side can get their voter base more energized and right now that appears to be the Republicans in a landslide.  

(03-14-2016, 08:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Do you think your GOP base buddies will give the White House to the Democrats if Trump wins the GOP nomination. Because Republican voter turnout has been at record highs this year and I'm going to go out on a limb and say it is not because John Kasich is running.  

They will vote for whomever aligns with their beliefs, which is clearly not Trump.
Anyone who says Trump is a conservative or even republican, is lying through their teeth or just has their head so far buried in Trumpamania, they refuse to see it.

He's for big government.
He's pro-war crimes.
He's for govt' funded planned parenthood.
He's for expanding eminent domain.
He's for socialized medicine.
He's a code pink nut.
He doesn't know how the market operates (crazy for a businessman)
He claims he will bring jobs back while outsourcing or using visas for cheap labor.
He wants to restrict several of the amendments. 

I forget which party he is running for. 

Oh wait! He will get rid of the brown people he doesn't like but employs them! 
(03-14-2016, 09:00 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Anyone who says Trump is a conservative or even republican, is lying through their teeth or just has their head so far buried in Trumpamania, they refuse to see it.

It's going to be funny watching Trump run to the left of Hillary on many issues.
--------------------------------------------------------

(03-14-2016, 09:00 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: They will vote for whomever aligns with their beliefs, 

Exactly. They will go into the booth, pull the curtain, and not click on a democrat. Trump is not a main-stream conservative, but he's damn sure more conservative than Hillary or Sanders. The only reason they would vote against Trump is because they are mad at him. But they won't be mad enough to give the White House to Hillary.  

(03-14-2016, 09:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Exactly. They will go into the booth, pull the curtain, and not click on a democrat. Trump is not a main-stream conservative, but he's damn sure more conservative than Hillary or Sanders. The only reason they would vote against Trump is because they are mad at him. But they won't be mad enough to give the White House to Hillary.  

Most have told me probably 3rd party.

No he isn't.
Did you not read the rest of the post?

Outside of the wall, what exactly is he more conservative on? 
For god's sake, he confused his plan with Bernie Sanders'