Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So this is us today....
As we complain about the holes on our roster and a couple over-payed players, we have big names that actually want to be here. NFL players realizing we are good is one thing, they see it up close. But fans across the country are finally buying in as well.

This power ranking was posted on Twitter today, and out of 218 replies only a couple had a negative response regarding the Bengals #3 ranking and those were that the Bengals should be higher, lol. Good times.

Reply/Quote
Well they might have a point, the Eagles are being picked apart.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2023, 05:49 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Well they might have a point, the Eagles are being picked apart.

Jets are too high for right now. It’s like they are already assuming Rodgers is there.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2023, 01:24 AM)casear2727 Wrote: As we complain about the holes on our roster

No complaints from me. I'm happy with the Brown signing and recognize the parity-driven NFL league means GMs and coaches have to work to keep a team competitive. I'm trusting Duke and Zac will figure out the TE, DB, and other roster needs prior to week 1.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2023, 07:48 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Jets are too high for right now.  It’s like they are already assuming Rodgers is there.

Jets remind me of last year's Broncos.
Everyone thought that just by adding Russell Wilson, they'd go from 7-10 to legit contender.
And....then they ended up 5-12.

I could definitely see a similar outcome to the Jets this year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2023, 10:09 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Jets remind me of last year's Broncos.
Everyone thought that just by adding Russell Wilson, they'd go from 7-10 to legit contender.

Agreed. Now the media is acting as if an impending OBJ signing at WR is going to make them an AFC favorite. I think the best AFC contenders are the Chiefs/Bengals/Bills no matter what other AFC teams do to improve. 
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2023, 05:49 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Well they might have a point, the Eagles are being picked apart.

Steelers at 11 way above Browns is a bit of a headscratcher
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2023, 10:09 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Jets remind me of last year's Broncos.

The Jets situation is quite a bit better than the one Wilson went into.

With that being said, the Bucs getting Brady and winning the SB in year 1 then the Rams getting Stafford and winning the SB in year 1 being followed by the Broncos getting Wilson and falling apart THEN the Jets getting Rodgers and falling apart would be pretty wild.

Still the idea of the Jets going from Zac Wilson and Mike White to any form of Aaron Rodgers and getting worse just seems implausible. 
Reply/Quote
The one element the whole solar system knew we lacked was protecting Burrow. We signed 3 FA linemen last year and it hardly moved the needle in outside perspective.Funny add the Chiefs LT and we are golden. Playing for the second year in a row in the AFC Championship didn’t hurt. Beating the Bills soundly to me in Buffalo resonates more with the Bengal outside world than our fandom.

I’m a pretty big sunshine pumper but I think the draft will be as important as ever. We do have some holes and I’m just pessimistic enough to see 2 new safeties. I’m not so sure we replace those 2 easily. Not sure we replace Perine easily. I think they can draft a great TE as this class rocks.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
My how times have changed.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2023, 09:35 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: No complaints from me. I'm happy with the Brown signing and recognize the parity-driven NFL league means GMs and coaches have to work to keep a team competitive. I'm trusting Duke and Zac will figure out the TE, DB, and other roster needs prior to week 1.

Agree, saw FA going a little differently thinking Bell and Perine would be retained and possibly Hurst as well. Yet always knew the Bengals cap problems were on the horizon would keep them from being able to outbid other teams that really came after their players. Success makes the predators attack ones roster so maybe we should have all seen this coming.

Yet never thought the Brown signing was much more than a pipe dream and it definitely was a weak spot on the team that we all wanted addressed. Stoked by the Orlando addition to the Bengals OL. 

Like you I have faith the Bengals will work it out and be fielding a SB caliber team when its all said and done. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2023, 10:57 AM)kalibengal Wrote: Steelers at 11 way above Browns is a bit of a headscratcher

I can see the Steelers possibly making the playoffs next year. 

Really good coach. Really good defense. Assending offense. They had a really good finish to the year last year winning 7 of their last 8. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
That’s about right for the Bengals.
Steelers are higher than I would think and it’s weird seeing the Jags and Lions that high. Vikings and Dolphins are also a little lower than I might have put them.

I would never complain about a top 5 ranking. Just a few short years ago this would have seemed insane but now the Bengals being a top 5 team is normal and expected.

Just need to win that last game of the season.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2023, 10:57 AM)kalibengal Wrote: Steelers at 11 way above Browns is a bit of a headscratcher

Not really.  The Steelers are Browns are what they are (solid franchise vs. stains) until proven otherwise by themselves.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2023, 01:24 AM)casear2727 Wrote: As we complain about the holes on our roster and a couple over-payed players, we have big names that actually want to be here.  NFL players realizing we are good is one thing, they see it up close. But fans across the country are finally buying in as well.  

This power ranking was posted on Twitter today, and out of 218 replies only a couple had a negative response regarding the Bengals #3 ranking and those were that the Bengals should be higher, lol.  Good times.

It is a New Dey alright. Wonderful to see, hey if we figure out RT and add depth we actually might have the OL good in front of 
Burrow this year and with these weapons we already have and adding some more in the Draft...

We could be really good once again. I know we have questions with Dax Hill and Nick Scott at Safety and Chido coming back
from injury but the Defense also should be really good again.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2023, 10:21 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Agreed. Now the media is acting as if an impending OBJ signing at WR is going to make them an AFC favorite. I think the best AFC contenders are the Chiefs/Bengals/Bills no matter what other AFC teams do to improve. 

I'm not even sure the Bills will be in the top 3 this year. They are descending.
Reply/Quote
Rankings, this early, really amount to nothing.

However, looking at our division, aside from the Bengals, what’s there to get excited about? Ravens? Even if they’re able to retain Lamar, how poisonous would that relationship be between him and the rest of the team? We saw what they were without him.

Browns? What if Watson is mediocre, again? If he doesn’t play at a Pro-Bowl level, where are they? They are strapped for CAP and Draft Capital. Where will they go?

Steelers? In all honesty, they should have either drafted a QB a season earlier than they did or waited until this draft class. There’s just nothing there to get excited about.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2023, 01:49 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: Rankings, this early, really amount to nothing.

However, looking at our division, aside from the Bengals, what’s there to get excited about?  Ravens?  Even if they’re able to retain Lamar, how poisonous would that relationship be between him and the rest of the team?  We saw what they were without him.

Browns?  What if Watson is mediocre, again?  If he doesn’t play at a Pro-Bowl level, where are they?  They are strapped for CAP and Draft Capital.  Where will they go?

Steelers?  In all honesty, they should have either drafted a QB a season earlier than they did or waited until this draft class.  There’s just nothing there to get excited about.

Agree it is a little premature to rank teams until after the draft and all the additions and subtractions have been made before season begins.

But the top teams are probably about right. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2023, 01:43 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm not even sure the Bills will be in the top 3 this year. They are descending.

I don't know if they are descending as much as not matching up well at all with Burrow and our Offense.

Our Defense even seems to match up well with the Bills.

This happens. Some teams just match up well against certain teams.

It is like us and the Stains, until our second game last season they REALLY had our number.

(03-24-2023, 01:49 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: Rankings, this early, really amount to nothing.

However, looking at our division, aside from the Bengals, what’s there to get excited about?  Ravens?  Even if they’re able to retain Lamar, how poisonous would that relationship be between him and the rest of the team?  We saw what they were without him.

Browns?  What if Watson is mediocre, again?  If he doesn’t play at a Pro-Bowl level, where are they?  They are strapped for CAP and Draft Capital.  Where will they go?

Steelers?  In all honesty, they should have either drafted a QB a season earlier than they did or waited until this draft class.  There’s just nothing there to get excited about.

The Ratbirds played us really tough last season, same with the Stains once again and the stealers won 7 of their last 8 as Weezy said.

Not saying we have the best Division in football but we all know each other really well and it will be tough once again.

Loved how we won our last 3 Division games though last year and beat the Rats in the Playoffs when we needed to do so the most and 
hope this streak continues into this season. Truth on it being so damn early, who knows how things go but it is that time of year.

(03-24-2023, 01:59 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree it is a little premature to rank teams until after the draft and all the additions and subtractions have been made before season begins.

But the top teams are probably about right. 

Yes, we will know more after the Draft and much more when cuts are made after TC. That is when I will really look forward to 
rankings, but right now it is nice seeing us at #3 where I agree we should be at this point.
Reply/Quote
I agree,for the most part,with the power rankings.Although,the Bengals could be in the #1 spot,or should be.We all know,or should know,that the ONLY reason that the Bengals didn’t win the SB the last 2 seasons is because of the OL.

As I watched the AFCCG the second time on the DVR,it was clear that had we had a good OL,that game wouldn’t even have been close.Bengals would have won by 2 touchdowns,if not more.

And finally,the primary reason I’m more optimistic going into next year,is that I believe we have an excellent coaching staff.I couldn’t have said that 3 years ago,but these guys have really come together and formed,what I believe,to be one of the better coaching staffs in the league.
Reply/Quote