Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So this is us today....
(03-24-2023, 02:38 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I agree, for the most part, with the power rankings. Although, the Bengals could be in the #1 spot, or should be. We all know, or should know, that the ONLY reason that the Bengals didn’t win the SB the last 2 seasons is because of the OL.

As I watched the AFCCG the second time on the DVR, it was clear that had we had a good OL, that game wouldn’t even have been close. Bengals would have won by 2 touchdowns, if not more.

And finally, the primary reason I’m more optimistic going into next year, is that I believe we have an excellent coaching staff. I couldn’t have said that 3 years ago, but these guys have really come together and formed, what I believe, to be one of the better coaching staffs in the league.

Nice post Zeke, once I space barred it lol

I think if Jackson Carman or a Draft pick solidifies RT we are in a great spot to win it all, probably the best spot and like you said, we have a
good coaching staff now and didn't have any turnover there. Just watch if we play the opener to the season in Arrowhead and beat on them 
Chiefs, 4 out of 5 and 3 wins in Arrowhead over the last 3 years would be an eye opener and really put the SB winner on notice.

We won't be starting this season with Burrow coming off of an appendectomy and an entirely new OL besides 1 player. The interior is here 
and played well together last season and we added a damn good, big LT and can solidify RT still.
Reply/Quote
How do they have the Steelers higher than the likes of the Dolphins?
They added Seumalo, Peterson, Holcomb, and Roberts, but they lost Sutton, Bush, Spillane, and Edmunds.
They either had the Steelers too high to begin with before FA or are putting these new guys too much on a pedestal.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2023, 05:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: How do they have the Steelers higher than the likes of the Dolphins?
They added Seumalo, Peterson, Holcomb, and Roberts, but they lost Sutton, Bush, Spillane, and Edmunds.
They either had the Steelers too high to begin with before FA or are putting these new guys too much on a pedestal.

The Steelers have Mike Tomlin but he’s as good as his QB just like a lot.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2023, 02:38 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I agree,for the most part,with the power rankings.Although,the Bengals could be in the #1 spot,or should be.We all know,or should know,that the ONLY reason that the Bengals didn’t win the SB the last 2 seasons is because of the OL.

As I watched the AFCCG the second time on the DVR,it was clear that had we had a good OL,that game wouldn’t even have been close.Bengals would have won by 2 touchdowns,if not more.

And finally,the primary reason I’m more optimistic going into next year,is that I believe we have an excellent coaching staff.I couldn’t have said that 3 years ago,but these guys have really come together and formed,what I believe,to be one of the better coaching staffs in the league.

Zac had little OC experience and Lou no DC experience. They’ve absorbed well. But Lou is great on game planning and adjustments. He’s also great at evaluating. Zac has really brought the culture. He’s good at picking coaches and he’s good on picking the right people that fit his molding of a team. Parcels says the two together are #1 tandem in the entire NFL.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2023, 10:09 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Jets remind me of last year's Broncos.
Everyone thought that just by adding Russell Wilson, they'd go from 7-10 to legit contender.
And....then they ended up 5-12.

I could definitely see a similar outcome to the Jets this year.

Yup! They fooled me last year. I had the Broncos winning the div SMH. Thought Wilson with that top 5 D at the time would make more of an impact. Your right about the Jets. I can see the similarities. Not sure why Rodgers didn’t stay with an NFC team. Think he stands a better chance getting back to the SB there. The amount of quality QB’s in the AFC is mind boggling compared the the NFC. There are more top notch QB’s in one AFC division than the whole NFC. I do think Sean Peyton will help revive Wilson, if anyone can it’s him. Great coach.

This year will be a slug fest, but it will be fun. If we can protect Joe and make it back to the SB, nobody can say we didn’t earn it. To be the best you gotta beat the best. Who-Dey
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2023, 07:48 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Jets are too high for right now.  It’s like they are already assuming Rodgers is there.

There's also no guarantee that things will be amazing in New York even with Rodgers. This kinda reminds me of when I was rolling my eyes at all the people talking Super Bowl for the Broncos after they got Russell Wilson.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I'm floored the Lions are in the top 10..I never thought that possible in my lifetime..  Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Bengals are def. top 5.

Vikings could take a step back this year if their defense doesn't improve.

I think the Packers and Browns could improve this year. I thought Love looked like he could be good in his playing time this year. Add some high draft picks from the Rodgers trade and they already have good talent on defense and are improving on offense (plus their running backs are great).

Jets are definitely an upper middle of the pack team. I think they make the playoffs with Rodgers.
Dolphins are on a similar level.

Jags and Lions could surprise this year. But they are both too high on the list because of porous defenses.

Ravens could be higher if Lamar is healthy.
Steelers are too high as their offense is meh.
Both have great defenses though.

Edit:

Raiders, Cardinals, Colts, Rams, and Titans are too low on the list. They have talent on those teams. Should end up more middle of the pack in my opinion.

The worst teams are Atlanta and Houston. Carolina is pretty meh as well. Could see Tampa falling apart.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2023, 11:28 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I can see the Steelers possibly making the playoffs next year. 

Really good coach. Really good defense. Assending offense. They had a really good finish to the year last year winning 7 of their last 8. 

Yep, they'll be in the mix. They were considered a joke for most of last season and still had a winning record. I hate them, but there's no doubt you have to assume they'll be around an 8-9 win team as a floor.

As for us, the Bengals are night and day as to what we were prior to the past 3 or so years. Clearly a powerhouse team (As of right now) and the FO is doing nothing but emphasising that. Zero reason we shouldn't be a #1 seed consideration.

I agree with what's been said about the Jets too. No doubt Rodgers is a heck of a QB, but it doesn't always work elsewhere. I know an NFL team isn't JUST the QB, but at some point you have to consider his lack of playoff success. Joe Burrow was one drive away from making more Super Bowl appearances in his first three years, than Aaron Rodgers has made full stop. It wouldn't shock me if they're good, but also wouldn't shock me if they aren't. 

I think Denver might get it together moreso this year. Miami clearly going all in and are a team to watch, but QB a big ? for them. To be honest, the AFC runs through KC in my mind, and I still think we're the best team to dethrone them of that. I say that objectively too.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2023, 08:31 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'm floored the Lions are in the top 10..I never thought that possible in my lifetime..  Mellow

They damn near made the Playoffs last year, they are an up and coming team. Very good Offense and their Defense is really improving.
Reply/Quote
Lol, how are the Patriots #24? Fake Poll. Hilarious
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote