Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what's wrong with wanting everything to go my way for once?
OK, this is what I want and I deserve it DAMMIT!
Reds starting pitchers ALL win 20 games number one.. No if, and or buts.. 5 20 game winners! That's just the beginning..
The bullpen is nothing short of absolutely brilliant all season..
Aquino hits 50 home runs and has a sustained batting average of at least .390, swipes 40 bases AND throws out a minimum of 20 runners at 3rd base..
Akiyama splits time with Senzel in CF and both hit over .300 with 30 HRs each and lead the league in fielding percentages..
Winker and Castillanos do the same in LF even if Castillanos will probably play in RF and make Aquino look much better in the field.. OK, so LF probably won't be our greatest asset defensively.. Whatever
Suarez keeps up his torrid HR pace AND stops striking out
For reasons I can't explain Galvis has the best season of his entire baseball life including little league AND Moustakas puts Brandon Phillips to shame at 2nd base AND hits out 40 HRS
Joey Votto goes back in time to 2010 and stays there ALL SEASON LONG...DAMMIT!
Barnhardt actually hits well, but Stephenson gets called up and takes the league by storm with the highest BA by a catcher and better than Johnny Bench defensively.

David Bell doesn't make a single dumb move all season long!

OK, perhaps I'm having an old man fantasy moment and I'm hoping for something that'll never happen in a million years, but it's what I want to happen and I deserve it DAMMIT! Why should I deserve all this? Well, I don't, but it would still be nice, huh?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I hope for it every game day . . . you are not alone.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Almost every year there is a MLB team who overachieves because everything breaks their way.  So we should be due about once every thirty years for our turn.

Why not now?

Look at the best season ever for all the guys on our roster.  If our good players play like they are supposed to and a few of our average players have seasons to match their career best then we could be a very good team.
Reply/Quote
I'm ready for it
Reply/Quote
Shattering the team HR record for a season. The Reds are going to get "randomly" drug tested 5x a day in your scenario. Hilarious

(Side note: Shame that the juiced balls have ruined that record. The top 4 seasons for team HRs are all from last year. The record is now 307, but the record before MLB started messing with the balls was 267.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
While we're at it I'll even add in Castillo going 22-7 with a 1.93 ERA Cy Young award winner Gray going 18-8 2.52 ERA Bauer 17-7 3.55 ERA Disco 14-8 3.96 ERA And Lodolo coming up going 5-2 with 3.50 ERA Miley adding in 10 wins
Reply/Quote
But do we deserve it? Some probably. Those who sit and whine about the past mistakes thinking those mistakes will always be repeated probably don't, but what can ya do? Cry a lot and move on I guess.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote