Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So whats the plan replacing Eifert this year?
A very huge part of the offense is gone for the year.
he was playing 40-49 plays a game.
who gets the majority of his snaps?
Uzomah seemed to get more targets than Kroft this yr. Kroft is servicable but lacks that ability to create mismatches consistantly.
Does this open a door for Auden Tate?
Reply/Quote
We dont have to release anyone to make room for burfict. I feel pretty good with kroft and uzomah. They’re proven reliable. Would be nice if tate came on as a redzone player. Need Ross to step up like boyd has.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd try peppering in Tate here and there and seeing how that would work out. Otherwise you roll with Uzomah and Kroft.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Might see some Shreck, especially if he practices well and shows enough smarts to execute what he is being coached to do. Also wouldn't undersell Kroft, now that the plan is changing. Still, I'm thinking the real plan is in next year's draft, or maybe free agency. Neither Kroft nor Uzomah is under contract beyond this season.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Trade Ross and a 4th rounder to Pats for Gronk.

I'm kidding. :)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Uzo and Kroft are both athletic veterans. They should be able to fill in just fine. They won't make the great plays like Eiofert could, but they will do a solid job.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 07:53 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Trade Ross and a 4th rounder to Pats for Gronk.

I'm kidding.  :)

Gronk left today's game with an ankle injury. We already have one of those unfortunately. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 07:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Uzo and Kroft are both athletic veterans. They should be able to fill in just fine. They won't make the great plays like Eiofert could, but they will do a solid job.

Agree. Both have been making some plays this year. I think we'll be ok at TE for the year
Reply/Quote
Schreck can fill in him Kroft and Uzomah will be fine as TE for us. Hate to see Eifert go down to injury but these 3 guys can do what we need. Nice to see Ross make a few plays as well.
Reply/Quote
Expect same as last year. Kroft and Uzomah will cover those snaps. Also, with yet another big injury to Eifert, it’s really important to find out exactly what Kroft and Uzomah (mainly Uzi since we saw Kroft a lot last year) abs determine if one or both should be signed to an extension before the season ends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 09:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Expect same as last year. Kroft and Uzomah will cover those snaps. Also, with yet another big injury to Eifert, it’s really important to find out exactly what Kroft and Uzomah (mainly Uzi since we saw Kroft a lot last year) abs determine if one or both should be signed to an extension before the season ends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Especially since both are UFAs at the end of the year
Reply/Quote
Kroft quietly had a good season last year with 7 touchdowns. Like others have said it will mainly be Kroft and Uzomah filling in for Eifert, no free agent off the streets will be better then these guys. Uzomanh has made some nice plays this season
Reply/Quote
Kroft and Uzomah will be the guys with Shreck getting some snaps here and there. We'll probably be drafting a TE in the first three rounds next year.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Believe what we have already will fill the void but certainly can not afford another injury at TE.

Dang Eiffert was looking healthy for a change too.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
No one is exactly what Eiffert is -- a combination of great size, speed and hands. That said, Uzo and Kroft are there own sorts of weapons.

My concerns right now are more about defense and it would make sense if Burfict coming back and Preston Brown getting healthier could help with that.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 07:25 PM)impactplaya Wrote: A very huge part of the offense is gone for the year.
he was playing 40-49 plays a game.
who gets the majority of his snaps?
Uzomah seemed to get more targets than Kroft this yr. Kroft is servicable but lacks that ability to create mismatches consistantly.
Does this open a door for Auden Tate?

I would imagine they go with Mason Shreck and put him at third on the depth chart.  A great opportunity for the kid, though, as all three of our TEs were seeing action. 
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 07:51 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Might see some Shreck, especially if he practices well and shows enough smarts to execute what he is being coached to do. Also wouldn't undersell Kroft, now that the plan is changing. Still, I'm thinking the real plan is in next year's draft, or maybe free agency. Neither Kroft nor Uzomah is under contract beyond this season.

Agree with this...be interesting if Lazor pushes for a high pick on TE with OT still the biggest need on offense overall.

For this year we should be able to rely on Uzo and Kroft...not sure putting more work on another WR is the way to replace Eifert though - keen to keep the balance on Lazors offense and have a TE working up the seams vs. LB.  
Reply/Quote
Somebody on here uses as his always ending picture, SAME AS IT EVER WAS. I hate to say that, because I feel for Eifert. He worked so hard to get back. But lets face it, a lot of posts all year wondering which game he would get knocked out for the season. Come on, you saw the threads. Come on. So here we are. People constantly post injuries happen in football and you can't use them as an excuse. You've seen those threads on here also. Look, Kroft and Uzomah are good tight ends. Lazor and Dalton can get to play-offs with them. Hey, I wanted Eifert out there, but the fact is he played a couple games, made a couple catches, but he's out again. Again, I hate to say that because he worked hard to come back. I feel for Eifert. Team has to move on. NO QUIT. Go on to 4-1 and First Place next week. The goal is SUPER BOWL. NO QUIT. Bengals can win with Uzomah and Kroft. Kroft caught a good number of touchdowns for a tight end last year. The Steelers aren't going to cry for us because we lost Eifert. Bengals go Forward.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 07:22 AM)sonofstat Wrote: Agree with this...be interesting if Lazor pushes for a high pick on TE with OT still the biggest need on offense overall.

For this year we should be able to rely on Uzo and Kroft...not sure putting more work on another WR is the way to replace Eifert though - keen to keep the balance on Lazors offense and have a TE working up the seams vs. LB.  

I don't see a high pick at TE coming, honestly TE's in general get so banged up they aren't far behind HB's it seems in injuries anymore. I would guess this prompts us to re up Uzomah. I think he has some serious upside that we need to really utilize. I could see him being a Jared Cook kind of TE if given the chance. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 08:51 AM)Au165 Wrote: I don't see a high pick at TE coming, honestly TE's in general get so banged up they aren't far behind HB's it seems in injuries anymore. I would guess this prompts us to re up Uzomah. I think he has some serious upside that we need to really utilize. I could see him being a Jared Cook kind of TE if given the chance. 

I didn't know people were talking 2019 draft.  Our team is 3-1.  To get to 4-1, Kroft and Uzomah.  The Goal is Super Bowl. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote