Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So whats the plan replacing Eifert this year?
(10-01-2018, 09:12 AM)kevin Wrote: I didn't know people were talking 2019 draft.  Our team is 3-1.  To get to 4-1, Kroft and Uzomah.  The Goal is Super Bowl. 

The guy I was quoting was., and I gave an observation in regards to what he was talking about. Yes, in house options are how we play this year.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 08:51 AM)Au165 Wrote: I don't see a high pick at TE coming, honestly TE's in general get so banged up they aren't far behind HB's it seems in injuries anymore. I would guess this prompts us to re up Uzomah. I think he has some serious upside that we need to really utilize. I could see him being a Jared Cook kind of TE if given the chance. 

Uzo seems to be getting open a little more than Kroft from what I've seen so far this season. Still too early to tell if that has much significance, but looking back I think we'll be happy with what we get out of who we already have on the roster. 

Can't get Eifert out of my mind this morning though. What lousy luck for the guy. Can only imagine his frustration. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 07:45 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I'd try peppering in Tate here and there and seeing how that would work out.  Otherwise you roll with Uzomah and Kroft.

Uzomah and Kroft are criminally underrated IMO. I have absolutely no problem going forward with both of these guys. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 08:51 AM)Au165 Wrote: I don't see a high pick at TE coming, honestly TE's in general get so banged up they aren't far behind HB's it seems in injuries anymore. I would guess this prompts us to re up Uzomah. I think he has some serious upside that we need to really utilize. I could see him being a Jared Cook kind of TE if given the chance. 

Agree with this 100%. I would be fine rolling with Kroft and Uzi even next year and resigning Eiff similar to what we did this year. 

Tight ends remind me a lot of closers in baseball. They are nice to have, but just not a whole lot of value. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 10:13 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Especially since both are UFAs at the end of the year

We shouldn’t be surprised if a TE is selected in Rd 1. I know most would think OL but they may not especially if they surprised and brought in a quality RT like Daryl Williams or Rob Havenstein in FA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Auden Tate gets my vote
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 09:10 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Schreck can fill in him Kroft and Uzomah will be fine as TE for us. Hate to see Eifert go down to injury but these 3 guys can do what we need. Nice to see Ross make a few plays as well.

I think Schreck isThe most skilled tight end we have,would love to see him get some playing time,,,,
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 10:27 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Agree with this 100%. I would be fine rolling with Kroft and Uzi even next year and resigning Eiff similar to what we did this year. 

Tight ends remind me a lot of closers in baseball. They are nice to have, but just not a whole lot of value. 

Idk a guy like Travis Kelce seems pretty valuable to me.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 10:33 AM)ochocincos Wrote: We shouldn’t be surprised if a TE is selected in Rd 1. I know most would think OL but they may not especially if they surprised and brought in a quality RT like Daryl Williams or Rob Havenstein in FA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d like to go LB in the 1st.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 10:56 AM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I think Schreck isThe most skilled tight end we have,would love to see him get some playing time,,,,

He looked good in the preseason. I’d like to see him get some snaps as well.

Reply/Quote
As others have noted, I think Uzo and Kroft can pick up some of the slack, Shreck will get some opportunities, and maybe Tate gets some looks.

......but, man, you gotta feel bad for 85.  He worked his ass off to get back, and was playing good ball.  Now this.  Wow, I was speechless when Lap called out over the radio he was down and wasn't getting back up.  Poor guy is just snakebit.  I really hate it for him.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote