Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
So...where are all the interviews for Marvin Lewis?
Who is this Marvin guy you all are talking about??
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 07:34 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Could very well be.  Most coaches don't get to coach for 16 straight years in the NFL, especially when they haven't gone to the playoffs.  I'm sure he's built up a really nice retirement fund.    

Marvin has 3 homes. He's doing just fine.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 08:17 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: We one under 30% of our games before Marvin, small scouting report, Mike Brown as a GM, and no indoor practice facility. How many coaches would be successful under that?
Mcvay has a highly touted GM who is active in getting talent in free agency and the draft. How is his situation compareable to Marvins situation at all?
By the way both Dungey and Mora are legends in the cities that they coached.

Guess we'll find out. That story didn't stop being written in the 90's. We'll see in the next few years.

And "legends" might be a bit strong for Dungy (in Tampa) and Mora. The Bucs fans I know thought more highly of Gruden than Dungy, because Gruden got them their only title, whereas Dungy was essentially Marvin with a couple playoff wins. He didn't really build that team, either. Sam Wyche did.

(01-10-2019, 08:25 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Because they don't have anything else to use as a crutch. 

It's all excuses. If Mike was really that hard to deal with, stop taking the extensions. Prove yourself elsewhere.

Since he stayed for 16 years, I'll judge him against his peers.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote