Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So who do we play now?
(01-16-2022, 02:21 AM)Science Friction Wrote: A Bengals-Steelers AFC Championship game at PBS would be the biggest,  most anticipated, talked about, hyped game in Cincinnati history. Can you imagine--- Burrow in his stellar sophomore campaign vs. Big Ben in his swan song?  All with a Superbowl appearance on the line. I don't know if the Bengals' Board could handle it.  I'm up for it if you all are!

That's not the point.  The NFL would want Ben in the Super Bowl, preferably and probably against Rogers or Brady, as Ben's Swan Song game for what they would believe to be a ratings block buster.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:25 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: That's not the point.  The NFL would want Ben in the Super Bowl, preferably and probably against Rogers or Brady, as Ben's Swan Song game for what they would believe to be a ratings block buster.

I think you aren't seeing the big picture here. How big would it be for this scenario to play out? I think a game like that would be awesome regardless of the outcome. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:41 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Why would we go to KC if they lose?

To gloat.

"For some reason, we have a six hour layover in KC on our flight to Buffalo. That is sooooo weird. Good time to get out and stretch your legs, boys."
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:29 AM)BengalRed Wrote: I think you aren't seeing the big picture here. How big would it be for this scenario to play out? I think a game like that would be awesome regardless of the outcome. 

I get that.  I just don't trust how honest it would be.  Case in point, Matt Hasselbeck got flagged for an illegal block when trying to tackle a Steelers defender after a turnover in Ben's first Super Bowl, when Bettis was on his farewell tour.  I picture that time one thousand.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:39 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: I get that.  I just don't trust how honest it would be.  Case in point, Matt Hasselbeck got flagged for an illegal block when trying to tackle a Steelers defender after a turnover in Ben's first Super Bowl, when Bettis was on his farewell tour.  I picture that time one thousand.

I hear ya. The Steelers have always gotten the calls. Maybe after Ben is gone it will all change. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:20 AM)BengalRed Wrote: But as I stated earlier in this thread, it the Steelers beat the KC, we play the Bills and the Steelers play the Titans.
If we beat the Bills and Pitt beats the Titans we would play the Steelers at home for the AFC championship.

Yep. I think visiting Tennessee would be easier than visiting Buffalo though.

But if we could beat Buffalo, getting Pitt at home would be fantastic.

That said, not sure I can bring myself to root for Pitt, and losing to them would ruin the season for me.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:47 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yep. I think visiting Tennessee would be easier than visiting Buffalo though.

That said, not sure I can bring myself to root for Pitt, and losing to them would ruin the season for me.

Agreed. But we've already crossed the no playoff win hurdle. Everything after this is all gravy. And think of the electricity in Cincy if they played the Steelers at home for the AFC championship.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:46 AM)Science Friction Wrote: If the Steelers win, we go to Buffalo .  If the Chiefs win we go to Tennessee.

So, which one do we want?
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:47 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yep. I think visiting Tennessee would be easier than visiting Buffalo though.

Not just you, bro!  Taylor and Co. would be starting their vacation earlier than desired...
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:56 AM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: So, which one do we want?

Titans.

Knock off the top seed first, then kill off the remainder...
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:56 AM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: So, which one do we want?

Tennessee..do your best to stuff the run and then make Tanneyhill beat ya 
Reply/Quote
Between the Titans, Bills, and Chiefs, I think that Tennessee is the best match up for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Prefer Titans mainly because I think I will be able to feel my toes if I go to that game
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
So root for the Chiefs much as some of their fans are insufferable twats.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:39 AM)BengalRed Wrote: The Bills won. Surely someone knows where we go if the Chiefs/Steelers win. Do we go to Nashville regardless of the outcome of that game?

The beautiful thing about this is that all the Titans players wish the Steelers would somehow luck into a dub here.  None of them, none of their fans would prefer the Bengals as their opponent over the Steelers.  They would love to see a miracle happen here as much as we would.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:25 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: That's not the point.  The NFL would want Ben in the Super Bowl, preferably and probably against Rogers or Brady, as Ben's Swan Song game for what they would believe to be a ratings block buster.

Nah, the Joe Burrow trying to win a Super Bowl in his first full season in the NFL after having the 2019 he had, ya know, the year before last, then his leg got shattered and now he's trying to defeat either Brady or Rodgers most likely....Sheeeeeeiiiiiiiiiittttttt...you think that ain't puttin asses in seats??

We'll get it called as fair as the incompetent fiasco that is NFL officiating can call it.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
An AFC championship game in pbs would be half Steelers fans. It would be disgusting.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:39 AM)BengalRed Wrote: The Bills won. Surely someone knows where we go if the Chiefs/Steelers win. Do we go to Nashville regardless of the outcome of that game?

If Steelers win, Bengals go to Buffalo.   My guess is Chiefs win and Bengals go to Tennessee.   Tennessee at #1 plays lowest team.  Right now it's #4 Bengals.  #2 Chiefs would host # 3 Bills.   Unless Steelers pull huge upset, and they go to Tennessee and Bengals go to Buffalo 

Still CELEBRATING WIN.   I think it's safe to plan on a trip to Tennessee.  Cincinnati to Tennessee is not a long trip.  

I'm guessing Cincinnati at Tennessee and Buffalo at Kansas City next week.  A good hard game, but I think Bengals can take Titans. 

I feel like I walked from Ohio to Tennessee last night. I couldn't sit. I paced the floor like a coach the entire 4th quarter. So glad PRATT made the Interception.

Tennessee has been hoping to have Henry back and he is off IL. The coach won't play him unless his foot looks OK in practice. I'm hoping Bengals get Hendrickson back and are pretty Healthy to GO. Anything is possible with Joe Burrow, I BELIEVE.

Cincinnati so close to Kentucky, it would almost be Kentucky vs Tennessee. Daniel Boone vs Davey Crockett and you find out they are both Fess Parker.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 06:56 AM)EasyPeasy Wrote: An AFC championship game in pbs would be half Steelers fans. It would be disgusting.

This is the reason I don't want the Steelers and Bengals in an AFC championship. The Chiefs are my second-favorite team, and I want them to put a Buffalo-style beatdown on them. I'm guessing Buffalo would go to Arrowhead next? The Bengals' chances against the Titans are 50-50 or maybe 40-60 depending on how banged up the defense is. If they win, Arrowhead in a couple of weeks could be as cold as Orchard Park was last night, but it would be epic.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:10 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: And the Steelers go to the Super Bowl because the NFL would be salivating to have him be there for his final game.  If you think the officiating was crazy tonight, wait for the Ben in Cincy to go to the SB calls!

The league makes an insane amount of money to have only part time refs. It's almost like they know they can blame their manipulation on "well they teach math K-9 on the side".
Reply/Quote