Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So who do we root for Thursday?
I would root for the Ravens. Puts pressure on Pittsburgh to be back in the standings if they lose and we will probably beat the Ravens when they come to PBS, so there you go.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ravens. I can't think of any possible scenario in which I would root for Pittsburgh plus a 1-3 Ravens trumps a 3-1 Squeeler every single time.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 08:13 PM)grampahol Wrote: Ravens. I can't think of any possible scenario in which I would root for Pittsburgh plus a 1-3 Ravens trumps a 3-1 Squeeler every single time.

So you can't imagine that a Steelers win in week 17 giving the Bengals a first round bye and home field advantage throughout the playoffs is not a scenario that you would root for the Steelers?
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 07:06 PM)Storer50 Wrote: I guess rooting for the Ravens makes the most sense.

I won't watch the game. I will watch Bengals next game. I want to see the Bengals keep it going and go to 4-0. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
What's the best start to a season the Bengals have ever had?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 08:41 PM)Big Boss Wrote: What's the best start to a season the Bengals have ever had?

6-0....1975 & 1988, I believe.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Ravens, of course…but a tie would be fantastic!
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 08:41 PM)Big Boss Wrote: What's the best start to a season the Bengals have ever had?

I think we were 7-1 when we faced the Colts in '05.  But I don't exactly recall when that first loss was.
Reply/Quote

I know 1988 was a great start going 6-0, and that win over a tough Eagles team in week 2 was huge.  They went 7-1 in the first half of season. ...The start to that season was awesome, and a Super Bowl season. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 08:49 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I think we were 7-1 when we faced the Colts in '05.  But I don't exactly recall when that first loss was.

7-2....With losses to the Jaguars and the Steelers
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I'm absolutely rooting for the Ravens for all of the reasons listed above plus the general "I hate the steelers more than I hate the steelers" sentiment that I sometimes have to use when watching two teams I don't like play each other.

I think Baltimore has a better shot because of raperburgers injury and the short week. There isn't much time to transition to a new QB when you only have a few days.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 07:23 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote:
I'd rather Ravens be 1-3 than the Steelers be 3-1.

But I find it hard to believe the Ravens would lose to a Benless Steelers team regardless.

This.
Reply/Quote
Got to pull for the ravens.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 07:33 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Any update on Big Jen ?

Sprained MCL (just like i figured) and a bone bruise. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Sounds like he'll miss four weeks.

Just in time to play the Bengals!
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 11:09 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Sprained MCL (just like i figured) and a bone bruise. 

Out 4-6 weeks.  You called that one.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 11:09 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Sprained MCL (just like i figured) and a bone bruise. 

Yeah... He will probably back for our game, and they will be in a must win game considering their schedule. Then on top of that it will be a primetime game at Pittsburgh.
Reply/Quote
How about a giant sinkhole opens inside the stadium, swallowing both teams forever. And freak lightning strikes kill all squeeler fans outside the city. Yea, i'd probably wake up happy then.
[Image: forumpic2.jpg]
When I die, I will get to shake Mr. Paul Browns hand and hear him say "Damn, you never stopped believing, did you?"
Reply/Quote
All in all, gotta pull for the Steelers. But seeing the Ratbirds at 0-4 would not break my heart.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 11:13 PM)jtsmith38 Wrote: How about a giant sinkhole opens inside the stadium, swallowing both teams forever.  And freak lightning strikes kill all squeeler fans outside the city.  Yea, i'd probably wake up happy then.

Maybe what happens in the batman movie was just a premonition what will happen Ravens vs Steelers.... I mean come on the Steelers were the team it happened to in the movie.
Reply/Quote