Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, who do we root for again?
(01-07-2024, 11:54 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I hate to say it but we really need to lose today. Of course we will win. But Driskel is no slouch and maybe he will prove that we had a backup the whole time.

We will be drafting at what many consider to be the worst spot in the draft, the last pick before playoff teams. 

Not good enough for post season and picking last amongst the non-playoff teams.  This is not a slot we want to stay in.  

Hopefully we hit on some impact players and move to the very end of the draft order next season.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 07:01 PM)casear2727 Wrote: We will be drafting at what many consider to be the worst spot in the draft, the last pick before playoff teams. 

Not good enough for post season and picking last amongst the non-playoff teams.  This is not a slot we want to stay in.  

Hopefully we hit on some impact players and move to the very end of the draft order next season.
You seem really stuck on a # how about picking better by that #
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 07:34 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You seem really stuck on a # how about picking better by that #

You seem really stuck on my comments.  How about you read them fully?  

"Hopefully we hit on some impact players and move to the very end of the draft order next season."

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 07:01 PM)casear2727 Wrote: We will be drafting at what many consider to be the worst spot in the draft, the last pick before playoff teams. 

Yeah #18 feels a little bit like a loss to me in a lost season. But the Bengals need so much this offseason they really need to win free agency. I can't say I'm overly optimistic but it feels like we need to make moves so maybe they don't sit on they're hands. Pick 18 is in the range that it's hard to depend on a certain position being available. If they push OL to the draft they're could be a run. Overall just a very bad season with not a whole lot to feel positive about at the moment.
Reply/Quote
Players taken at 18: https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/18-nfl-overall-draft-picks
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 08:09 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Players taken at 18: https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/18-nfl-overall-draft-picks

At first glance..... crap!
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 08:15 PM)QueenCity Wrote: At first glance..... crap!

Looks like some good players
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 08:03 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Yeah #18 feels a little bit like a loss to me in a lost season. But the Bengals need so much this offseason they really need to win free agency. I can't say I'm overly optimistic but it feels like we need to make moves so maybe they don't sit on they're hands. Pick 18 is in the range that it's hard to depend on a certain position being available. If they push OL to the draft they're could be a run. Overall just a very bad season with not a whole lot to feel positive about at the moment.

Great post, free agency will be huge.  A quality RT and dlineman in free agency would make the draft much easier.  Add a solid TE in FA and the draft would be a breeze.  

Reply/Quote

No worries, we have some experts here that tell us that it doesn't matter where we draft.......

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 07:50 PM)casear2727 Wrote: You seem really stuck on my comments.  How about you read them fully?  

"Hopefully we hit on some impact players and move to the very end of the draft order next season."

Trust me hardest part of your comments is understanding the factual part of them 
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 08:59 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Trust me hardest part of your comments is understanding the factual part of them 

Lets not get into a discussion regarding who is informed and who isnt.  You have some real doozies.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 08:03 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Yeah #18 feels a little bit like a loss to me in a lost season. But the Bengals need so much this offseason they really need to win free agency. I can't say I'm overly optimistic but it feels like we need to make moves so maybe they don't sit on they're hands. Pick 18 is in the range that it's hard to depend on a certain position being available. If they push OL to the draft they're could be a run. Overall just a very bad season with not a whole lot to feel positive about at the moment.
You do understand that your are saying picking 18th  in professional draft seems like a lostv. pick, so what does picking rest of draft feel like, it is less where you pick especially mid round but who u pick.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 08:09 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Players taken at 18: https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/18-nfl-overall-draft-picks

Yeah, that looks pretty rough outside of Leon Hall and Flacco.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 09:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, that looks pretty rough outside of Leon Hall and Flacco.

Maurkice Pouncey: 2-Time All Pro, 9-Time Pro Bowl, 10's All-Decade Team

Jaire Alexander: 2-Time Pro Bowl, 2-Time All Pro (2nd Team)

Melvin Ingram: 3-Time Pro Bowl, 57 Career Sacks

Marcus Peters: 2-Time All-Pro, 3-Time Pro Bowl, 33 career INTs

Ryan Kelly: 1-Time All-Pro (2nd Team), 3-Time Pro Bowl
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 09:04 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You do understand that your are saying picking 18th  in professional draft seems like a lostv. pick, so what does picking rest of draft feel like, it is less where you pick especially mid round but who u pick.

Well when Burrow went down I would assume most of us consoled ourselves by saying we have a top 10 pick incoming. Yes we can get a good player at 18 but after two years of watching a long list of targeted players go away before our pick it still sucks a little. The lower pick you are the higher chance at getting the player you covet. I guess we could plan a little easier in Free Agency knowing what will most likely be available. 18 isn't bad but I think it will require the team to be smarter in Free Agency and I'm just not overly optimistic about that. 
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 10:33 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Well when Burrow went down I would assume most of us consoled ourselves by saying we have a top 10 pick incoming. Yes we can get a good player at 18 but after two years of watching a long list of targeted players go away before our pick it still sucks a little. The lower pick you are the higher chance at getting the player you covet. I guess we could plan a little easier in Free Agency knowing what will most likely be available. 18 isn't bad but I think it will require the team to be smarter in Free Agency and I'm just not overly optimistic about that. 

Targeted by who? I have followed the Bengals drafts on this board (and its predecessor) for years. Every single year posters are hoping and hoping for certain players to fall to them and then the Bengals pick someone else. 

I still remember hoping for Troy Vincent in 1992 when the Bengals had the 4th pick in the draft and they traded down to the 6th and Vincent was still available and I was ecstatic and then the Bengals picked David Klinger!  It seems almost every draft Bengals posters are targeting certain players and find they are available and the Bengals do in another direction.

And any rate, we wanted to Bengals to try and get into the playoffs, right? They were right on the doorstep. 
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 10:51 PM)Nepa Wrote: Targeted by who? I have followed the Bengals drafts on this board (and its predecessor) for years. Every single year posters are hoping and hoping for certain players to fall to them and then the Bengals pick someone else. 

I still remember hoping for Troy Vincent in 1992 when the Bengals had the 4th pick in the draft and they traded down to the 6th and Vincent was still available and I was ecstatic and then the Bengals picked David Klinger!  It seems almost every draft Bengals posters are targeting certain players and find they are available and the Bengals do in another direction.

And any rate, we wanted to Bengals to try and get into the playoffs, right? They were right on the doorstep. 

Well I was referring to both fan and team targets. Maybe a bit presumptuous to assume the team board but after 10+ of my wish list goes out the door I'd only assume a couple of there's slipped away. But with the Drew Samples and Carman's of the world who knows. I had a pretty good idea after the Minnesota game we weren't making the playoffs but they did push it to the end. I'll get more positive as the offseason goes but we have alot of needs from potential losses of players in Prime positions that play at a high level. They will not be easy to replace.
Reply/Quote
I know this thread was about trying to get the Steelers from the playoffs, but now that they are in, here is who I am rooting for this coming weekend:
- Bills (vs Steelers)
- Dolphins (@ Chiefs)
- Texans (vs Browns)
- Packers (@ Cowboys)
- Lions (vs Rams)
- Bucs (vs Eagles)
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote