Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
So who's happier???
Do you suppose it is Andy Dalton, who now has a big mean tough irritable center in front of him.......... or is it Clint Boling, who now plays between Cordy Glenn and Billy Price instead of CO and Bodine..... Rock On
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 08:52 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Do you suppose it is Andy Dalton, who now has a big mean tough irritable center in front of him.......... or is it Clint Boling, who now plays between Cordy Glenn and Billy Price instead of CO and Bodine..... Rock On

Boling just became a Pro Bowler.  Look how he did when he played LT last year and had Westerman, in his first action, on one side.  

It has to be Boling.  If Eifert stays healthy all year (I won't jinx them by saying 16 games, because we want 19), then it might be Dalton.   ThumbsUp
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd say Mixon and Bernard are pretty damn happy.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
C) All of the above

Reply/Quote
Hopefully no more infield pop up's or ground ball snaps in shotgun...
Reply/Quote
Pretty much everybody.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 08:52 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Do you suppose it is Andy Dalton, who now has a big mean tough irritable center in front of him.......... or is it Clint Boling, who now plays between Cordy Glenn and Billy Price instead of CO and Bodine..... Rock On

You forgot Gio and Mixon. Cool

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 10:15 AM)Wyche Wrote: You forgot Gio and Mixon. Cool

I am the happiest and stunned.

Bengals front office has actually acted like a top tier franchise this off season.

The Bodine nightmare is finally over.

They have addressed the two biggest issues on the offensive line and actually signed a top performing free agent at the peak of his career.

Price is the best run blocking center in the draft and he would have been the clear number 1 center absent the combine injury.

Honestly- how did we win 7 games last year with Bodine at center and Og at left tackle.

They are actually giving me some reason to drink the kool aide once again.

Hope we can get another good linebacker, a safety and someone to compete at right tackle in day two.
Reply/Quote
Red Rifle and the RB's have to be totally psyched today....and me!

Every time the Stripes have a good year, they have a great OL------let's take another OL in Round 2 and get this party started.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 10:54 AM)bengals67 Wrote: I am the happiest and stunned.

Bengals front office has actually acted like a top tier franchise this off season.

The Bodine nightmare is fianlly over.

They have addressed the two biggest issues on the offensive line and actually signed a top performing free agent at the peak of his career.

Price is the best run blocking center in the draft and he would have been the clear number 1 center absent the combine injury.

Honestly- how did we win 7 games last year with Bodine at center and Og at left tackle.

They are actually giving me some reason to drink the kool aide once again.

Hope we can get another good linebacker, a safety and someone to compete at right tackle in day two.

Amen brother.....it's like aliens have taken over the bodies of the FO.....axing Piano Man seems to have really gotten the ball rolling.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 11:18 AM)Wyche Wrote: Amen brother.....it's like aliens have taken over the bodies of the FO.....axing Piano Man seems to have really gotten the ball rolling.

Yep, Paul Alexander likely would have done a table dance in an effort to get Kolton Miller.  How comfortable do you think Tom Brady is today?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Didn't Miller go to Oakland?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 11:24 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yep, Paul Alexander likely would have done a table dance in an effort to get Kolton Miller.  How comfortable do you think Tom Brady is today?

Wynn and Michel?  I'd feel pretty good!

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 11:27 AM)Wyche Wrote: Wynn and Michel?  I'd feel pretty good!

I'll admit that I had selfishly hoped that Wynn would somehow slip to the second, and that the Bengals would have made a move to get him.  At least he landed in a good place, and will dispel they myth that an NFL Tackle must be 6'6" or greater in order to be competitive.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 11:18 AM)Wyche Wrote: Amen brother.....it's like aliens have taken over the bodies of the FO.....axing Piano Man seems to have really gotten the ball rolling.

axing piano man was a landmark !
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 11:36 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'll admit that I had selfishly hoped that Wynn would somehow slip to the second, and that the Bengals would have made a move to get him.  At least he landed in a good place, and will dispel they myth that an NFL Tackle must be 6'6" or greater in order to be competitive.

Me too man.....I think we would have had he made it to the 2nd.

Reply/Quote
Heck, even our WRs have to be happy because Andy should have enough time to find open receivers instead of running for his life and tossing the ball in the stands to avoid a sack..  It's a win / win all around if everything goes as planned . Even Huber should be happy so he doesn't have  to punt from the end zone every other time .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I’m pretty sure most players on the team are happy with the pick. Not only with the pick itself, but for the moves this organization is making. They are starting to act like a team that wants to win.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 11:36 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'll admit that I had selfishly hoped that Wynn would somehow slip to the second, and that the Bengals would have made a move to get him.  At least he landed in a good place, and will dispel they myth that an NFL Tackle must be 6'6" or greater in order to be competitive.
We still won't know that until the season actually starts..  There seems to have been a few players who were sure fire great at draft time , but somehow things don't always go the way people expect them to go. Being great in college doesn't always automatically become great at the pro level . 
Besides that who cares that any player gets to go to a team that wins championships other than that team and their fans? I just don't get the 'good for so and so for getting to play for the team who always wins..' I don't care about those teams. I care about OUR team and screw the rest . 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 12:07 PM)grampahol Wrote: We still won't know that until the season actually starts..  There seems to have been a few players who were sure fire great at draft time , but somehow things don't always go the way people expect them to go. Being great in college doesn't always automatically become great at the pro level . 
Besides that who cares that any player gets to go to a team that wins championships other than that team and their fans? I just don't get the 'good for so and so for getting to play for the team who always wins..' I don't care about those teams. I care about OUR team and screw the rest . 

While I'm a loyal fan of the Bengals, I'm also a fan of the sport of football.  When I take a liking to certain players with their skillset or style and demeanor, I follow their career no matter what team they play for.  

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote