Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So... who wrote the NYT op-ed?
(09-11-2018, 07:54 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'm sure you'll want to offer some mealy mouthed dissembling statement about how that's not what you're "really" doing, so please spare us having to read it.

(09-12-2018, 11:07 AM)fredtoast Wrote: When using an analogy the whole point is to use an extreme example that no one can disagree with.  

So I will keep using Nazi, slave owner, and pedophile in my analogies to point out flawed logic.  If you don't like it then just don't use flawed logic or else learn how to understand the difference between an analogy and a personal attack.

This happens all the time with the rubes in Jungle noise.  They complain about Marvin doing something and when I point out that some one like Bill Belichick does the same thing the point goes completely over their heads and they start mocking me for saying "Marvin is Bill Belichick".  They just don't get it.

As predicted.
(09-12-2018, 11:07 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This happens all the time with the rubes in Jungle noise.  They complain about Marvin doing something and when I point out that some one like Bill Belichick does the same thing the point goes completely over their heads and they start mocking me for saying "Marvin is Bill Belichick".  They just don't get it.

And to prove my point.  .  .  

(09-12-2018, 11:44 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: As predicted.
Thinking back on this thread and these outcry of "Obama isn't being civil" or that he's breaking "norms" puts me in mind of the right's cried of the "intolerant left" when "the left" speaks out against Nazis marching in the streets.

The right wants everyone else to be quiet and just let them do their thing, say whatever they want.  Period.  

If anyone questions or resists any part of their movement it is being "intolerant" of others.  As if their support of the alt-right, destroying the environment, etc should just be left go.

It's a new normal where the worst people can say the worst things and claim they are offended that someone, who is tolerant of others, spoke up.

They don't get that you don't have to be tolerant of ideas and actions and words that harm others.  

Go ahead and support Trump.  Criticize gays, transgender, immigrants, whatever.  You have a right to do that.  You don't have a right to pretend that the people speaking aren't being "tolerant" or "civil" toward hateful words and ideas.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-12-2018, 02:05 PM)GMDino Wrote: It's a new normal where the worst people can say the worst things and claim they are offended that someone, who is tolerant of others, spoke up.

They don't get that you don't have to be tolerant of ideas and actions and words that harm others.  

Go ahead and support Trump.  Criticize gays, transgender, immigrants, whatever.  You have a right to do that.  You don't have a right to pretend that the people speaking aren't being "tolerant" or "civil" toward hateful words and ideas.

ThumbsUp
(09-12-2018, 02:05 PM)GMDino Wrote: Thinking back on this thread and these outcry of "Obama isn't being civil" or that he's breaking "norms" puts me in mind of the right's cried of the "intolerant left" when "the left" speaks out against Nazis marching in the streets.

The right wants everyone else to be quiet and just let them do their thing, say whatever they want.  Period.  

If anyone questions or resists any part of their movement it is being "intolerant" of others.  As if their support of the alt-right, destroying the environment, etc should just be left go.

It's a new normal where the worst people can say the worst things and claim they are offended that someone, who is tolerant of others, spoke up.

(09-12-2018, 02:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: ThumbsUp

[Image: ws1.gif]
[Image: v1.bjsyMTk2NzU7ajsxNzgyMjsxMjAwOzEwNTA7NTI1]
(09-12-2018, 08:36 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: [Image: ws1.gif]
[Image: v1.bjsyMTk2NzU7ajsxNzgyMjsxMjAwOzEwNTA7NTI1]

Mellow

[Image: zh32e.gif]
(09-12-2018, 08:39 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

[Image: zh32e.gif]

Why would the circumference of Steve Martin elicit a ban?  Feel free to keep crying about it though.
(09-12-2018, 10:18 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Why would the circumference of Steve Martin elicit a ban?  Feel free to keep crying about it though.

(09-12-2018, 10:21 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Gif game be weak, as usual.
(09-12-2018, 11:05 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Gif game be weak, as usual.

(09-12-2018, 11:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Yawn
(09-12-2018, 10:18 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Why would the circumference of Steve Martin elicit a ban?  Feel free to keep crying about it though.

Because your last few posts have had nothing to do with the subject of this thread and instead have just been insults aimed at me.  Your obsession is starting to show again.

Not crying.  Just saying that is against the rules here.
I'm seeing a lot of back and forth here. No need for anyone to go crying about anything. I'm going to allow this to play on, until I see something genuinely personal.. Mellow
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(09-12-2018, 11:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Because your last few posts have had nothing to do with the subject of this thread and instead have just been insults aimed at me.  Your obsession is starting to show again.

Not crying.  Just saying that is against the rules here.

As opposed to GM's last three gifs?  Double standard, thy name is Fred.  Quite sincerely, you'd get a lot more respect around here if your opinions or reactions were consistent.  Not saying you care about that, just stating what would happen if you did.
(09-12-2018, 11:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm seeing a lot of back and forth here.  No need for anyone to go crying about anything.  I'm going to allow this to play on, until I see something genuinely personal..   Mellow

Yay!

"Mellow "
(09-13-2018, 12:19 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: As opposed to GM's last three gifs?  Double standard, thy name is Fred.  Quite sincerely, you'd get a lot more respect around here if your opinions or reactions were consistent.  Not saying you care about that, just stating what would happen if you did.

I was simply giving your posts the reverence and respect they deserved.   Smirk

So who do you think wrote the op-ed?  Is Obama being civil? Less than Trump? More?  What about norms?  We need answers man!
(09-13-2018, 12:19 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: As opposed to GM's last three gifs?  Double standard, thy name is Fred. 

At least GM makes some posts about the subject of this thread.

When was the last time you did that?
A lot of people think that Mike Pence is behind that op-ed. He wants Donny's job. If Pence toke over for Trump, it would be the first time in the history of the presidency that the first lady was the president's mother also. Hilarious