Alec James DE Wisconsin
Kenny Young OLB UCLA
Tre Williams ILB Auburn
Kendall Donnerson EDGE SE Missouri State
Parry Nickerson CB Tulane
Dane Cruikshank S Arizona
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 09:50 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Miller is a rd1 talent that wiuld have gone rd2 but will probably go round 5-6 bc of his foot.

Foot injury eh? Would definately take Anthony Miller in the 5th man.

(04-11-2018, 02:59 AM)XsandOs Wrote: Equanimeus St Brown
Hercules Mataafa
Folorunso Fatukasi
Ebenezer Ogundeko
Uchenna Nwosu
Maea Teuhema
Chukwuma Okorafor

These are the guys I would like drafted, for no reason other than their names.

Every time Mataafa makes a tackle, the entire stadium shouts HERCULES! 

Also, imagine the nicknames....

Those are some interesting names lol

(04-11-2018, 10:03 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Jordan Mailata. 6'8" 346lbs. Stacy Andrews type project. We drafted andrews in the 4th and he only had 1 year of college football experience. Mailata has none. But is a tough as nails rugby player and only 21 years old with all the tools.

Nick Bawden SDSU. 3 star QB recruit had an offer from Harvard. Started 2 games at QB for SDSU and was asked to switch to FB. Was the lead blocker for nations leading rusher in 2016 and 2017

Could Mailata play DT?
Reply/Quote
Daniel Carlson, K - Auburn
Luis Perez, QB - West Texas A&M. Good size, good arm, dominated D2. Worth a 7th round flyer.
Reply/Quote
Ryan Izzo TE - FSU - According to Ross Tucker's pal Fran Duffy the best blocking TE in the draft and, though not fast, is a decent receiver.  Has good hands, has sneaky techniques for getting separation and is a power runner after the catch.   Sounds like someone to add to the power game I think the Bengals are trying to develop.

Hercules Mataafa ER - Washington State -   Too small to play a down lineman (6'2" 254lbs) but a lot of buzz about how hard he is to handle, combining excellent strength with the ability to slip by/ through linemen - including double teams.   Is a never quit player who is the pain in the butt type of player who would be a nice addition to the rotation.   If half the game at the NFL level is mental, this is the type of guy we'd like.

Will Richardson - OT - North Carolina State - decent sized tackle who is long and nasty.   He has an off the field history, but is reportedly smart and athletic. 

Alex Cappa - OT - Humbolt State - He may end up sneaking into day 2.  He had a nice Senior Bowl.   Not overwhelming in the passing game and probably pretty raw, but a good run blocker who is smart with really strong hands.   I think he's going to be a good one.

Oren Burks - LB - Vanderbilt - Fast guy with nice measurables including sub 4.6 40 and a 4.15 short shuttle.  Played 3 different positions for Vandy including safety, ER and Linebacker (2017).   Had really good numbers despite being moved around so much.  I have a feeling his potential has not really been tapped.   Put him at one position long enough and he could be a gem.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 09:50 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Miller is a rd1 talent that wiuld have gone rd2 but will probably go round 5-6 bc of his foot.

There is no way in the world he slips that far.

Just look at recent draft history - even a major knee injury or achilles injury has only dropped a prospect a round or two.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 01:56 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Daniel Carlson, K - Auburn
Luis Perez, QB - West Texas A&M.  Good size, good arm, dominated D2.  Worth a 7th round flyer.

Perez is the late round QB i want
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 03:05 PM)3wt Wrote: Ryan Izzo TE - FSU - According to Ross Tucker's pal Fran Duffy the best blocking TE in the draft and, though not fast, is a decent receiver.  Has good hands, has sneaky techniques for getting separation and is a power runner after the catch.   Sounds like someone to add to the power game I think the Bengals are trying to develop.

Hercules Mataafa ER - Washington State -   Too small to play a down lineman (6'2" 254lbs) but a lot of buzz about how hard he is to handle, combining excellent strength with the ability to slip by/ through linemen - including double teams.   Is a never quit player who is the pain in the butt type of player who would be a nice addition to the rotation.   If half the game at the NFL level is mental, this is the type of guy we'd like.

Will Richardson - OT - North Carolina State - decent sized tackle who is long and nasty.   He has an off the field history, but is reportedly smart and athletic. 

Alex Cappa - OT - Humbolt State - He may end up sneaking into day 2.  He had a nice Senior Bowl.   Not overwhelming in the passing game and probably pretty raw, but a good run blocker who is smart with really strong hands.   I think he's going to be a good one.

Oren Burks - LB - Vanderbilt - Fast guy with nice measurables including sub 4.6 40 and a 4.15 short shuttle.  Played 3 different positions for Vandy including safety, ER and Linebacker (2017).   Had really good numbers despite being moved around so much.  I have a feeling his potential has not really been tapped.   Put him at one position long enough and he could be a gem.

I've gone back and forth on Burks. I'm back on again. He seems like a guy the Bengals would go after. Give him a year or two and he could really become a very good player. He'd be the best coverage LB the Bengals have. Just don't move him to SAM and expect him to be great at setting the edge. He's not that kind of LB.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 05:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I've gone back and forth on Burks. I'm back on again. He seems like a guy the Bengals would go after. Give him a year or two and he could really become a very good player. He'd be the best coverage LB the Bengals have. Just don't move him to SAM and expect him to be great at setting the edge. He's not that kind of LB.

And that's kind of the problem.   We have one starter at Mike, a backup who can play Mike (Rey) and a whole boatload of Wills.

Still, I'd like to see a guy come in at any of the spots and flat out beat the others out.
Reply/Quote
DB
Michael Joseph Dubuque
Was up and down at the SR Bowl, but that means he's got the skills to hang, just needs more time to adjust to NFL Speed. Ripped it up in Div III.

Duke Dawson Florida
Late round/UDFA sleeper. A little short, but has the speed and nose for the ball, would be a great in the slot in Man Coverage.

DE
Kemoko Turay Rutgers
Basketball player that hasn't played much football. Quick off the snap and when you watch him, you can see how quick and powerful he is.

Duke Eijifore Wake Forest
Would be a great DE for us to snatch. has great hands and technique. Production is there, but not the buzz. 31 1/2 tfl in the last 2 seasons.

LB
Genard Avery Memphis
He had 18.5 tfl's last year. Watching tape, you can see more than a 2 down thumper, he's not extremely speedy, but he knows where the ball is and works to it. Has a rep as a fierce run stopper. When he makes contact with the Runner, that's it, play over. He wraps up, twists and forces them to the ground. You guys are gonna love his player comparison: Burfict

RB
John Kelly Tenneesee
under used last year and forgotten about. Will be great late round value.

TE
Dallas Geodert was my sleeper at the end of the season, but he's asleep no more, so let's roll with
Tyler Conklin Central Michigan
He's another basketballer that playing football. Great hands and uses his body well to make those catches. He's not going to wow you, but he's as solid as they come in both the catching and blocking game.

OL
Austin Corbett Nevada
Could be a center or a guard. Has a nice mean streak

I'll add more tomorrow.
late round D has been my focus since we will probably draft O high.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 07:32 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: late round D has been my focus since we will probably draft O high.

I think a lot of folks on this board, including myself, hope we shore up the O-line early, but I have a feeling that defense will be addressed early.

We have spent two first rounders and three second rounders on offense the past 3 years.....
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 07:04 PM)3wt Wrote: And that's kind of the problem.   We have one starter at Mike, a backup who can play Mike (Rey) and a whole boatload of Wills.

Still, I'd like to see a guy come in at any of the spots and flat out beat the others out.

Agreed. The Bengals need a good SAM for sure. But if the Bengals draft a LB for that role, that LB is likely not going to be a fast LB that can cover. In an ideal world (especially if the Bengals can trade back from 21 to get an extra 2nd/3rd rd pick), the Bengals would go get a coverage guy and also get an edge setter and run stuffer. Unless you're picking one of the LBs in the first round (which the Bengals very likely won't given they haven't been meeting with any 1st-round LB prospects), you likely aren't finding one who can do it all.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 07:32 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: DB
Michael Joseph Dubuque
Was up and down at the SR Bowl, but that means he's got the skills to hang, just needs more time to adjust to NFL Speed. Ripped it up in Div III.

Duke Dawson Florida
Late round/UDFA sleeper. A little short, but has the speed and nose for the ball, would be a great in the slot in Man Coverage.

DE
Kemoko Turay Rutgers
Basketball player that hasn't played much football. Quick off the snap and when you watch him, you can see how quick and powerful he is.

Duke Eijifore Wake Forest
Would be a great DE for us to snatch. has great hands and technique. Production is there, but not the buzz. 31 1/2 tfl in the last 2 seasons.

LB
Genard Avery Memphis
He had 18.5 tfl's last year. Watching tape, you can see more than a 2 down thumper, he's not extremely speedy, but he knows where the ball is and works to it. Has a rep as a fierce run stopper. When he makes contact with the Runner, that's it, play over. He wraps up, twists and forces them to the ground. You guys are gonna love his player comparison: Burfict

RB
John Kelly Tenneesee
under used last year and forgotten about. Will be great late round value.

TE
Dallas Geodert was my sleeper at the end of the season, but he's asleep no more, so let's roll with
Tyler Conklin Central Michigan
He's another basketballer that playing football. Great hands and uses his body well to make those catches. He's not going to wow you, but he's as solid as they come in both the catching and blocking game.

OL
Austin Corbett Nevada
Could be a center or a guard. Has a nice mean streak

I'll add more tomorrow.
late round D has been my focus since we will probably draft O high.

The bolded above are not really considered "Day 3 sleepers". All are considered Day 2 projections by many.
But I do like all of them.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 01:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Foot injury eh? Would definately take Anthony Miller in the 5th man.
Yeah I'd take the chance on him that late as well. Problem is doctors opinions are split as well as reports. Some reports say he'll be good for another 5-7 years before he needs to retire. Others say 2-3 years. The foot is very bad. An ongoing issue that won't stop.
(04-11-2018, 03:58 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: There is no way in the world he slips that far.

Just look at recent draft history - even a major knee injury or achilles injury has only dropped a prospect a round or two.
It's not something that's a one off thing. There is no fixing what he has. Chronic issue according to reports that will force him in to early retirement. They believe he may never see the field again bc he will never be healthy. Other say he may be fine for a couple years before he has to retire. One thing is consistent t. He has max 7 years before retirement. He's a first round talent but nobody's using an early pick for someone that may never see the field again. Like I said it's not a 1 time issue.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2018, 07:18 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Yeah I'd take the chance on him that late as well. Problem is doctors opinions are split as well as reports. Some reports say he'll be good for another 5-7 years before he needs to retire. Others say 2-3 years. The foot is very bad. An ongoing issue that won't stop.
It's not something that's a one off thing. There is no fixing what he has. Chronic issue according to reports that will force him in to early retirement. They believe he may never see the field again bc he will never be healthy. Other say he may be fine for a couple years before he has to retire. One thing is consistent t. He has max 7 years before retirement. He's a first round talent but nobody's using an early pick for someone that may never see the field again. Like I said it's not a 1 time issue.

That's ashame,there's no way of take Miller then and I wouldn't of minded him without the injury in the 3rd
Reply/Quote