Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So you think Marvin should be fired?
(12-01-2018, 12:35 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Marvin Lewis will finish out his contract and he will help pick his next head coach which will be Hue Jackson. Team will make playoffs next season.

Just when I thought that I had perfectly written a glib and pessimistic post, depicting the point of view of a lifelong fan, you have to go and write this gem..   LOL 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 09:01 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: My Daily SportsLine popped up with the headline: THIS NFL COACH IS GETTING FIRED NEXT, so of course I had to check it out. Gotta say is was surprised and not real happy when I seen they listed their top 10 and Marvin was nowhere to be found. McCarthy, Harbaugh, even Shurmur and McDermott made the list but no mention of Marvin, let alone odds on him. Not surprising really, unfortunately as most of us know even if we don't want to admit it, Marvin isn't going anywhere. Even if he does, Mike Brown has what could be perhaps the only worse replacement he could find without dragging Jeff Fisher out of mothballs. Read em and weep:

For a brief moment in time, it looked like former Browns head coach Hue Jackson might be safe. After one win in two seasons, the Browns got off to a 2-2-1 start and Jackson's odds of being the first NFL coach fired move from +400 to +1000.

However, three weeks and three losses later, along with rumors that Jackson and No. 1 overall pick Baker Mayfield weren't on the same page, and Jackson was the first coach to go this season. Now, oddsmakers are looking ahead at who might be the next coach to go.

There are a number of teams who have underperformed this season and several coaches under a microscope. So here are a look at the odds for who is expected to go next.

Odds courtesy of YouWager.eu for informational purposes and not available for live action currently.

Who will be the next NFL coach to be fired in 2018?

Steve Wilks +400
Todd Bowles +425
Mike McCarthy +450
John Harbaugh +500
Vance Joseph +700
Dirk Koetter +750
Doug Marrone +800
Adam Gase +800
Pat Shurmur +1000
Sean McDermott +2500

I would kill for harbaugh. He’s a good coach and he has won a ring as a coach. He would be my pick if we cleaned house, which I’m hoping happens
Reply/Quote