Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So you think Trump won't be elected again in 2024. Wanna bet?
(08-19-2022, 01:01 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: He did still overperform, so he does have a history of that. At least in 2016, Hillary wasn't that big of a favorite. She was given a 67% chance of victory compared to Biden's 90+. You are correct, though. I remember talking to my in-laws about the election. They asked who I thought would win, and I said Biden. They are conservative, so they said "what? why?" and I told them that the polling data had Biden as a clear favorite. They pretty much said your quote verbatim. "Nah, those things aren't accurate. No way Trump loses." 

Prior to the election I talked to a lot of liberals who were of the mindset that Biden should win, but they were clearly afraid to hope or trust that because they were traumatized by 2016.  I told them I couldn't see the future, but Trump's decline with the independents and his insistence on continuing to cater to his most loyal and fringe fanatics didn't bode well for his chances.

So, I'd use logic, but I can understand why they had this "Academically, I get it...but I can't shake that dread."  Conservatives I knew were of the mindset that Biden had no chance and Trump either won in a landslide or it was rigged.  The few establishment republicans I had known over the years voted for Gary Johnson in 2016.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 01:28 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: So if he's elected while in jail. Where the meeting will take place ? In prison ?

As president couldn't he just pardon himself and have himself instantly released from prison?
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 01:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: As president couldn't he just pardon himself and have himself instantly released from prison?

Biden would pardon him if he was smart.

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 07:08 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Biden would pardon him if he was smart.

Why, so 100% of this country would hate him?
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 07:08 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Biden would pardon him if he was smart.

No, a pardon wouldn't be prudent. Commutation would be the way to go. Essentially, what should be done would be granting clemency in a way that does not disregard the crimes but doesn't force him to spend time in prison.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 01:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: As president couldn't he just pardon himself and have himself instantly released from prison?

Yes. I mean, it would be one more step towards autocracy, but why not?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 08:38 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yes. I mean, it would be one more step towards autocracy, but why not?

Hey it's gotta be kosher for a reason. 
Reply/Quote
If you don't miss President Trump you're either a raging leftist with purple streaks in your hair, or you're into geriatric tyrants ruining the United States at breakneck speed.

I personally miss Trump. I miss the economy, the non nonsense, the putting us first and I especially miss his mean tweets!

If you're one of the types who believe in the Russia collusion/nuke paperwork hoax, please stop watching and reading whatever it is you're watching and reading. Instead, step away from that noise and simply ask yourself why "they" have gone to the lengths they have in order to persecute the man.

I'll give you a hint: It's not about Trump, per se, but it's more about him not being China first, his ability to speak the truth about the Soros' and Pelosi's, among other things. It's a very deep dive, but an interesting one to take if you can clear the BS you've been fed by MSNBC, CNN and The Twitter Echo Chamber of Nonsense. Start with 2000 Mules and go from there.

It's been a witch hunt for six long years. They do not have anything on the man, or he'd be arrested by now. Trump is THE MOST investigated man in history and they've got nothing. He is going to get the nom, he is going to win (some believe for a third time) and I PRAY our economy bounces back from Biden, Obama and Nancy's deliberate annihilation of it.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 01:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Prior to the election I talked to a lot of liberals who were of the mindset that Biden should win, but they were clearly afraid to hope or trust that because they were traumatized by 2016.  I told them I couldn't see the future, but Trump's decline with the independents and his insistence on continuing to cater to his most loyal and fringe fanatics didn't bode well for his chances.

So, I'd use logic, but I can understand why they had this "Academically, I get it...but I can't shake that dread."  Conservatives I knew were of the mindset that Biden had no chance and Trump either won in a landslide or it was rigged.  The few establishment republicans I had known over the years voted for Gary Johnson in 2016.

If you've done any independent research and understand statistics and can math, you'd realize that there is a very strong possibility that there was a coup in 2020. 
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 02:49 PM)BengalB Wrote: If you don't miss President Trump you're either a raging leftist with purple streaks in your hair, or you're into geriatric tyrants ruining the United States at breakneck speed.

I personally miss Trump. I miss the economy, the non nonsense, the putting us first and I especially miss his mean tweets!

If you're one of the types who believe in the Russia collusion/nuke paperwork hoax, please stop watching and reading whatever it is you're watching and reading. Instead, step away from that noise and simply ask yourself why "they" have gone to the lengths they have in order to persecute the man.

I'll give you a hint: It's not about Trump, per se, but it's more about him not being China first, his ability to speak the truth about the Soros' and Pelosi's, among other things. It's a very deep dive, but an interesting one to take if you can clear the BS you've been fed by MSNBC, CNN and The Twitter Echo Chamber of Nonsense. Start with 2000 Mules and go from there.

It's been a witch hunt for six long years. They do not have anything on the man, or he'd be arrested by now. Trump is THE MOST investigated man in history and they've got nothing. He is going to get the nom, he is going to win (some believe for a third time) and I PRAY our economy bounces back from Biden, Obama and Nancy's deliberate annihilation of it.

Frankly I miss how he dismissed covid when he knew better, lied about everything and too no personal responsibility for it...and then all the shortages that followed. 

What I don't miss, already, are all the "new" accounts that say the same thing over and over.

That act got boring real quick.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 04:26 PM)GMDino Wrote: Frankly I miss how he dismissed covid when he knew better, lied about everything and too no personal responsibility for it...and then all the shortages that followed. 

What I don't miss, already, are all the "new" accounts that say the same thing over and over.

That act got boring real quick.

Unlike Nancy telling people to come to Chinatown. Double standard.

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 06:52 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Unlike Nancy telling people to come to Chinatown. Double standard
Not even close, Nancy didn't spend months constantly agitating, lying, whining, urging confrontation/fights to her supporters like Trump did

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 06:52 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Unlike Nancy telling people to come to Chinatown. Double standard.

Pelosi went there in February of 2020.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/nancy-pelosi-visits-san-franciscos-chinatown/2240247/

Quote:[color=rgba(13, 13, 13, 0.9)]Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi toured San Francisco's Chinatown Monday to send a message. She said there's no reason tourists or locals should be staying away from the area because of coronavirus concerns.[/color]

[color=rgba(13, 13, 13, 0.9)]"That’s what we’re trying to do today is to say everything is fine here," Pelosi said. "Come because precautions have been taken. The city is on top of the situation."[/color]

[color=rgba(13, 13, 13, 0.9)]Pelosi visited The Wok Shop, a temple and the Golden Gate Fortune Cookie Factory, which was started 58 years ago by owner Kevin Chan's mother and uncle.[/color]

[color=rgba(13, 13, 13, 0.9)]Chan said his business is losing about $500-$800 a day, or about 70% on average. He believes the fear of the virus is racially motivated.[/color]

[color=rgba(13, 13, 13, 0.9)]"I think it's because even if I walk out and cough a little bit — my throat is itchy — they look at me, 'Oh,' like this, 'scary,'" he said.[/color]

[color=rgba(13, 13, 13, 0.9)]As Pelosi walked from the Golden Gate Fortune Cookie Factory to lunch at a dim sum restaurant, she hugged friends and waved to onlookers. She downplayed the racism issue, saying she understands people are concerned about China – the epicenter of the novel coronavirus.[/color]

[color=rgba(13, 13, 13, 0.9)]"But that shouldn’t be carried over to Chinatown in San Francisco," she said. "I hope that it’s not that. But all I can say is, 'I’m here.' We feel safe and sound, so many of us coming here."[/color]

[color=rgba(13, 13, 13, 0.9)]Pelosi did say she was concerned that President Donald Trump's budget cuts 19% of funding for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.[/color]

[color=rgba(13, 13, 13, 0.9)]In India Monday, Trump said the virus is under control in the United States.[/color]

And she was wrong.  The virus was much worse than *we* knew and already here and spreading.

However she was also making an attempt to make people not blame Asians for the virus:

https://www.speaker.gov/newsroom/22420

Quote:Q:  Madam Speaker, how irrational is it that people are staying away from Asian-owned business – not only here, but all over the U.S.?

Speaker Pelosi.  Well, that’s one of the reasons we are here today.  It doesn’t make any sense, but it’s not just Asian-owned now.  You see in Italy where the shows – the fashion shows and all of that were done without an audience because people – they just didn’t – because people were not coming.  So, again, this fear is – I think – unwarranted in light of the precautions that are being taken here in the United States.  I can’t speak for any other country.

It is sad that what’s happening in South Korea, what’s happening in China has an impact on the economy, but first and foremost, we care about the people.  And we pray, as I started the day at the temple to pray for the people in China and the rest of the world who have been affected by the Coronavirus and again, pray for the people here.  But it is, again – this is a community of vitality that always looks out for the safety of the people who come here.  So, they’re used to that, because were an urban center.

Let me say that, at the temple this morning, and I was told that it was established in 1852.  And after the earthquake, it was established where it is in 1910.  It was popular when the Chinese that came here and their families were going to follow, they went to that temple to pray for the safety of the new Chinese immigrants coming to America.  So, it was about faith, it was about family and, again, it was about the revitalization of America that our Chinese-American community brings to us. 

It’s also, again, about family and commerce.  When you talk to people here – Florence was telling me that when she first came, the people in the Wok Shop were the ones that gave her a hand.  Norman is telling me that, when we were in the bazaar, that that family helped his family and his family helped them.

So, again, the immigration community is about family.  It is about small business and big business.  It’s about not only making out communities better, but our economy’s thrive.

So, that’s why we want people to come to Chinatown.  Don’t be afraid.  Enjoy it all.  It’s beautiful and there are some good bargains here now, so it’s a good time to come.

*That* she was right about.  Of course it wasn't too much later that DJT started the "China Virus" bit.

Trump said the virus would "go away" multiple times over the course of the year.

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020/10/politics/covid-disappearing-trump-comment-tracker/

It starts February 10th...three days after he told Bob Woodward that it was "Deadly stuff".

So if you want to talk "double standards" at least acknowledge that Pelosi stopped saying wrong things when she got new information and didn't continue to lie to people simply so she could get re-elected.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
Could you imagine how bad/negligent you would feel if you got your under 12 year old kid/kids vaccinated, just because the government tried to sell you that it was your ‘civic duty’ to help out and get them vaccinated
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 10:31 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Could you imagine how bad/negligent you would feel if you got your under 12 year old kid/kids vaccinated, just because the government tried to sell you that it was your ‘civic duty’ to help out and get them vaccinated

Why should anyone feel bad for getting their child vaccinated? I’d feel worse if I didn’t do something and they died or became chronically ill due to a disease that vaccination could have prevented or at least mitigated.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 02:14 AM)pally Wrote: Why should anyone feel bad for getting their child vaccinated? I’d feel worse if I didn’t do something and they died or became chronically ill due to a disease that vaccination could have prevented or at least mitigated.

Vaccinated for Covid. Not for all of the other vaccines that actually work and do what they intend.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 05:06 AM)ATOTR Wrote: Vaccinated for Covid.   Not for all of the other vaccines that actually work and do what they intend.

Do those vaccines work any better than the covid one?  A lot of people are saying they don't and a lot of people are saying they have terrible side effects. 

The government wants to force your kids to take them all, so I can see why a lot of people don't want any of them being forced on their kids nazi-style. 
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 08:09 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Do those vaccines work any better than the covid one?  A lot of people are saying they don't and a lot of people are saying they have terrible side effects. 

The government wants to force your kids to take them all, so I can see why a lot of people don't want any of them being forced on their kids nazi-style. 

Hepatitis a and b
Dtap
Mmr

Etc. Those vaccines have been doing wonders for our communities for decades.

I was talking about getting the Covid vaccine for your non at risk children.

Just becUse you were tricked into thinking it would help.

I would be very upset if we had fallen for it and had our kids vaccinated for Covid In the last 18 months.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 08:54 AM)ATOTR Wrote: Hepatitis a and b
Dtap
Mmr

Etc.  Those vaccines have been doing wonders for our communities for decades.  

I was talking about getting the Covid vaccine for your non at risk children.  

Just becUse you were tricked into thinking it would help.  

I would be very upset if we had fallen for it and had our kids vaccinated for Covid In the last 18 months.

A lot of people would say you're falling for the hype and pressure on other vaccines.   
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 09:13 AM)Nately120 Wrote: A lot of people would say you're falling for the hype and pressure on other vaccines.   

Those other vaccines I mentioned work. Covid vaccine doesn’t.

You should read up.

I’ll move on. It’s a labored topic anyway.

Back to my point before your derailed. Parent having their young children get an experimental Covid vaccine, kids who had 0 risk- was negligent and abusive.
Reply/Quote