Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soccer Heaven
A great time for an International Football fan such as myself. We got both the Euros and Copa going.

I've always been a Dutch fan and of course will be pulling for the USA.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
futbol

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Sorry, off topic a bit but MLS seems to be only available on Apple TV. I’d watch FC Cincinnati if it was available elsewhere. They’re good and TQL always looks electric.
Reply/Quote
What a start for USA!!!
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
I do like the expanded format for the Copa América. Anything to get the US playing more quality teams in tournament play outside of CONCACAF , Bolivia notwithstanding.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2024, 05:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: A great time for an International Football fan such as myself. We got both the Euros and Copa going.

I've always been a Dutch fan and of course will be pulling for the USA.

Well, I for one hope the Netherlands will face a major defeat tomorrow. Chances are they will not, but then again they're not the same dominant team they used to be.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2024, 11:27 AM)hollodero Wrote: Well, I for one hope the Netherlands will face a major defeat tomorrow. Chances are they will not, but then again they're not the same dominant team they used to be.

Austria v Netherlands will certainly be the closer of the two I'd bet. A shame de Jong had to withdraw. The Dutch and the tournament as a whole are worse for it, much like Mbappe's unfortunate busted nose. 
Reply/Quote
Immer wieder, immer wieder...

...well, Austria wins a group with France and Netherlands in it. What a world.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2024, 03:21 PM)hollodero Wrote: Immer wieder, immer wieder...

Own Goal continuing his dominance over this Euros finals. LOL 

What a game. 
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2024, 03:21 PM)hollodero Wrote: Immer wieder, immer wieder...

Austria definately were the better team on the pitch today. But it looks like the Dutch will advance

Reply/Quote
(06-25-2024, 06:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Austria definately were the better team on the pitch today. But it looks like the Dutch will advance

Oh sure, that both will advance in pretty much every realistic scenario was quite clear from the start. Netherlands will probably have to play England now though, a task that might also be more grim on paper than in reality because Mr. southgate just is a bad coach. While Austria avoided the Spain branch now, but that is all details. Main thing for me is that I never thought I'd see the day where my country's team actually plays an interesting, unique style of football and does not disappoint me.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2024, 07:50 PM)hollodero Wrote: Oh sure, that both will advance in pretty much every realistic scenario was quite clear from the start. Netherlands will probably have to play England now though, a task that might also be more grim on paper than in reality because Mr. southgate just is a bad coach. While Austria avoided the Spain branch now, but that is all details. Main thing for me is that I never thought I'd see the day where my country's team actually plays an interesting, unique style of football and does not disappoint me.

...and they did it without skis 

Reply/Quote
On a side note it's crazy to watch how differently the Euros and Copa are officiated. Pretty sure a player in a Copa match just pulled a knife and the ref said "play on"

Reply/Quote
Stopped by Barleycorn's to pick up my food Friday after work and there was a Copa match on the tube. In the 10 minutes or so i was there, i saw no less than 4 guys fall to the ground and writhe around like their leg had just been ripped off before getting up and running back when it was apparent no call was going to be made. 

Not saying anything. Just sayin'...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Own Goal strikes again for Les Bleus. Talk about a round of 16 game worthy of a final.
Reply/Quote