Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sold Out
The Bengals announced that they have sold out-of-season tickets. A huge change from last season for sure. There are still single-game tickets available but there are only several hundred of those. Loads of secondary market availability. The Bengals suddenly became an attractive ticket for speculators to invest in

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2022, 07:07 PM)pally Wrote: The Bengals announced that they have sold out-of-season tickets.  A huge change from last season for sure.  There are still single-game tickets available but there are only several hundred of those.  Loads of secondary market availability.  The Bengals suddenly became an attractive ticket for speculators to invest in

Quite a welcome change from years past when someone from the ticket office would call and beg me to buy season tix. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What a difference when you invest in Free Agency and it works. Eh Mikey Boy.... Smirk Wink
Reply/Quote
Good to hear
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Thank Mr. Chase and Mr. Burrow for this upswing in ticket desirability.

I live near Pensacola and thought about making the drive to New Orleans for the away game. Upper Deck seats start at $200 on Stubhub.
Reply/Quote
Buying season tickets last spring was the best decision ever. It just keeps getting better.
Reply/Quote
Thank Joe Burrow and the triplets for this...
Reply/Quote
You all realize those season tickets are bought but Stubhub and other brokers, right?
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2022, 07:07 PM)pally Wrote: The Bengals announced that they have sold out-of-season tickets.  A huge change from last season for sure.  There are still single-game tickets available but there are only several hundred of those.  Loads of secondary market availability.  The Bengals suddenly became an attractive ticket for speculators to invest in

I hate the "buy and mark up" crowd, but I guess that is a part of capitalism. 

Focusing on the real cool part of this:  Home Field Advantage.

When I took Dad to the Ring of Honor game last year (after letting my season tickets go four years ago after a divorce), I was amazed at the updates they had performed throughout the stadium.  Sure, the electronic tickets is a fiasco because the WIFI wasn't strong enough to handle that bandwidth, and the stadium is pretty blah aesthetically, overall experience was really cool.  

The sound systems have been massively upgraded.  I actually thought it was TOO loud (get off my lawn!), but the Ruler of the Jungle, the pyrotechnics, etc.....it was just a massive improvement compared to what I saw for the better part of 20 years.  

On top of that, it was a sell out (or close to it) as a prime time game and that place was rocking!  Even though the Bengals got off to a slow start and the Jags came in fighting, when the Bengals finally got things going the place was insane.  I can imagine it being that way from every snap for the entire season.  They haven't really had a huge home field advantage for a long time.  This sell out pretty much guarantees it.  

The prime time games will be amazing as well.  

Reply/Quote
(06-25-2022, 02:53 AM)spazz70 Wrote: You all realize those season tickets are bought but Stubhub and other brokers, right?

Yeah, very few people want the top six rows of seats for season tickets, but those brokers bought them like a stock.  They feel like people will just want to be at the game and will be able to get more money for them.  If the Bengals start out strong, they will absolutely be right.  
Reply/Quote
My favorite memories are a sold out crowd at PBS win or lose.... when it's rocking it's amazing.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Now I know what investment to make next season...as long as they win this season. Knowing my luck I'd invest and every starter would get career ending injuries and announce their retirements all in the first game of the season.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Love it, kudos to Bengals fans, it's going to be a great year!
Established in 1993 Bengal Jim's "Before the Roar" is the longest running tailgate to support the Cincinnati Bengals.

Tune in LIVE at 8pm eastern every Tuesday for our weekly Bengals show! 

Check out our YouTube page at:
[Video: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC12ZcOwQDXreLIkrcdjmbVwl]
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2022, 07:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What a difference when you invest in Free Agency and it works. Eh Mikey Boy.... Smirk  Wink

investing correctly was always the issue
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2022, 10:56 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: investing correctly was always the issue

True, they invested in the correct players besides Waynes.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2022, 07:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What a difference when you invest in Free Agency and it works. Eh Mikey Boy.... Smirk  Wink
It's something that Mike's finally realizing late in his career! The practice bubble is also a sign that he's finally coming to realize that you need to invest in your product.
(06-25-2022, 10:27 AM)QueenCity Wrote: My favorite memories are a sold out crowd at PBS win or lose.... when it's rocking it's amazing.
Paul Brown is a hell of a stadium to be in when it gets rocking! The play where Pratt picked off Carr in the Wild Card win was unreal in the stadium. You could feel the stadium moving.

LOVE THE JUNGLE!
(06-27-2022, 10:56 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: investing correctly was always the issue

Investing AND drafting.

And now, like you said, it's investing WISELY was always the problem because Mike Brown thought making a splash signing or two suddenly made all the other problems on the team non-existent.

I'm sorry I keep mentioning this, but I'm so pissed off that the crippled section sold out to the point that I could only get two season tickets (I've gotten four for every game I've gone to since I was 19) because normal people buy tickets in the crippled section.
Reply/Quote
RAWR!!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Have the Bengals ever sold out season tickets before this year? Did not find much info with a quick google search.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2022, 08:10 PM)WestCoastBengal Wrote: Have the Bengals ever sold out season tickets before this year? Did not find much info with a quick google search.

Would be surprised if 2006 wasn’t sold out
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2022, 08:10 PM)WestCoastBengal Wrote: Have the Bengals ever sold out season tickets before this year? Did not find much info with a quick google search.

not sure of Season tickets but i believe the stadium was sold out the first few years of Palmers Era.
Reply/Quote