Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soldiers of Odin the next European vigilante group
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3426685/Nazi-daggers-SS-hats-hangman-s-noose-night-patrol-Soldiers-Odin-neo-Nazi-led-vigilantes-vowing-Europe-s-women-safe-migrant-sex-attacks.html

I guess neo Nazi is the label they are giving any group of white Europeans who are standing up against migrants now.

This seems to be another example of the public taking their safety into their own hands. I wonder if the police will even try and keep these groups down or fear the backlash from the community.

Not to mention we see the migrants raping their children as well. Even their own 3 year olds ....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3425640/The-lawless-asylum-centre-migrants-rule-Inside-squalid-shelter-ten-year-old-boy-raped-police-not-enter-just-TWO-staff-duty-600-refugees.html

Quote:On October 21, 2015, a man was arrested at an asylum centre in Tingsryd on charges of raping a three-year-old girl.
(02-05-2016, 01:00 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I guess neo Nazi is the label they are giving any group of white Europeans who are standing up against migrants now.  

From the link:

"Founded in September by ex-convict Mika Ranta, a self-confessed, violent neo-Nazi,"

"Almost all of them have criminal records, with several having served lengthy prison sentences"

"Many local people find the group intimidating. In Joensuu – an eastern town with a history of skinhead violence, where Odins are banned from most bars – a female student stops her bicycle to tell MailOnline that she is ‘suspicious’ of the vigilantes as the patrol trudges past in the snow.
‘They are criminals and they say they are doing the job of the police,’ she says. ‘Most people think they are neo-Nazis.’"

"But when MailOnline later gained exclusive access to the group’s headquarters, a converted bar in a suburb of Kemi, western Finland, replica assault rifles and Nazi memorabilia were openly on display. This included a dagger with a swastika on the hilt, an SS officer’s hat placed on top of a skull, and an Adolf Hitler T-shirt. The ceiling was covered in camouflage netting, and large Finnish flags covered the walls.
Posters and magazines for feared skinhead groups were found in the lavatory, and a gas mask and hangman’s noose were mounted above the bar. A number of assault rifles – which, according to the Odins, were replicas – were also arranged on shelves.
Members of the group claimed that the memorabilia ‘belongs to our leader personally’, and denied that the Soldiers of Odin is a neo-Nazi group. They admitted, however, that ‘nobody has a problem’ with the artefacts being present throughout the building."

"However, a number of members say they believed Nazism was ‘not all bad’, and had ‘good points’ like a focus on ‘protecting the national culture’. Some also share White Supremacist views. "

I guess neo nazi is the label they are giving to anyone who is a self proclaimed neo nazi, says Nazism has good ideas, and displays nazi memorabilia. Also, it says "Neo Nazi led", which it is. I guess read the actual link that you're posting.

So awesome story on a group led by a neo nazi.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-05-2016, 08:19 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: From the link:

"Founded in September by ex-convict Mika Ranta, a self-confessed, violent neo-Nazi,"

"Almost all of them have criminal records, with several having served lengthy prison sentences"

"Many local people find the group intimidating. In Joensuu – an eastern town with a history of skinhead violence, where Odins are banned from most bars – a female student stops her bicycle to tell MailOnline that she is ‘suspicious’ of the vigilantes as the patrol trudges past in the snow.
‘They are criminals and they say they are doing the job of the police,’ she says. ‘Most people think they are neo-Nazis.’"

"But when MailOnline later gained exclusive access to the group’s headquarters, a converted bar in a suburb of Kemi, western Finland, replica assault rifles and Nazi memorabilia were openly on display. This included a dagger with a swastika on the hilt, an SS officer’s hat placed on top of a skull, and an Adolf Hitler T-shirt. The ceiling was covered in camouflage netting, and large Finnish flags covered the walls.
Posters and magazines for feared skinhead groups were found in the lavatory, and a gas mask and hangman’s noose were mounted above the bar. A number of assault rifles – which, according to the Odins, were replicas – were also arranged on shelves.
Members of the group claimed that the memorabilia ‘belongs to our leader personally’, and denied that the Soldiers of Odin is a neo-Nazi group. They admitted, however, that ‘nobody has a problem’ with the artefacts being present throughout the building."

"However, a number of members say they believed Nazism was ‘not all bad’, and had ‘good points’ like a focus on ‘protecting the national culture’. Some also share White Supremacist views. "

I guess neo nazi is the label they are giving to anyone who is a self proclaimed neo nazi, says Nazism has good ideas, and displays nazi memorabilia. Also, it says "Neo Nazi led", which it is. I guess read the actual link that you're posting.

So awesome story on a group led by a neo nazi.

Did you watch the video and actually see what they said or are you just taking the journalists word?
(02-05-2016, 11:14 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Did you watch the video and actually see what they said or are you just taking the journalists word?

What the reporter said is essentially what you get from the video. So I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.
(02-05-2016, 11:32 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: What the reporter said is essentially what you get from the video. So I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

I felt the reporter was pushing the Nazi thing a lot more than what the actual response was.... Their founder had some ties but none of the others supporter being Nazi. I felt it was overblown. And the media jumps on any chance to throw out Nazi. Just like here the media loves to plaster people with the confederate flag if they sense any racist behavior.

To me that part is irrelevant anyway. How police/politicians are going to handle these groups is more interesting going forward. This is where I wanted this conversation to go instead of getting hung up on a label that a reporter is pushing.
(02-05-2016, 11:14 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Did you watch the video and actually see what they said or are you just taking the journalists word?

You said "I guess neo Nazi is the label they are giving any group of white Europeans who are standing up against migrants now. "

I corrected you, pointed out that they said "Neo Nazi led" and cited where the leader acknowledges being a Neo Nazi.

The article points out that not everyone in the group is a neo nazi, so your statement still makes no sense.

(02-05-2016, 11:52 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I felt the reporter was pushing the Nazi thing a lot more than what the actual response was.... Their founder had some ties but none of the others supporter being Nazi. I felt it was overblown. And the media jumps on any chance to throw out Nazi. Just like here the media loves to plaster people with the confederate flag if they sense any racist behavior.

You may have inferred that, but I didn't get that from the article. This isn't the Guardian, we're talking about the FNC of the UK. They brought it up but definitely didn't push it.

(02-05-2016, 11:52 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: To me that part is irrelevant anyway. How police/politicians are going to handle these groups is more interesting going forward. This is where I wanted this conversation to go instead of getting hung up on a label that a reporter is pushing.

On the ground you will have some police that will sympathize, and some politicians as well (thought fewer of them). The problem is that it isn't just the immigrants that appear to be frightened of them. It's going to be hard for groups like this to maintain any sort of goodwill, for lack of a better term, if their fellow countrymen aren't comfortable around them, either. The politicians and police will take note of that.

Side note, if you didn't want this thread to be about the label, then your first comment on the article shouldn't have been "I guess neo Nazi is the label they are giving any group of white Europeans who are standing up against migrants now."

Leading off with that just guaranteed that was the direction it would go.
(02-05-2016, 12:23 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: You may have inferred that, but I didn't get that from the article. This isn't the Guardian, we're talking about the FNC of the UK. They brought it up but definitely didn't push it.

On the ground you will have some police that will sympathize, and some politicians as well (thought fewer of them). The problem is that it isn't just the immigrants that appear to be frightened of them. It's going to be hard for groups like this to maintain any sort of goodwill, for lack of a better term, if their fellow countrymen aren't comfortable around them, either. The politicians and police will take note of that.

Side note, if you didn't want this thread to be about the label, then your first comment on the article shouldn't have been "I guess neo Nazi is the label they are giving any group of white Europeans who are standing up against migrants now."

Leading off with that just guaranteed that was the direction it would go.

It will be interesting to see how the public reacts. The more migrant shenenagins the more they will trust these groups. I think this will be a balancing act by the police. Because I don't see how migrant violence towards Europeans will stop anytime soon.

On your side note: I agree but given the title of the article I felt it was necessary to make a light throw away comment. Fortunately you were able to move beyond and discuss. Thank you.
(02-05-2016, 02:09 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It will be interesting to see how the public reacts. The more migrant shenenagins the more they will trust these groups. I think this will be a balancing act by the police. Because I don't see how migrant violence towards Europeans will stop anytime soon.

On your side note: I agree but given the title of the article I felt it was necessary to make a light throw away comment. Fortunately you were able to move beyond and discuss. Thank you.

I had started typing up a post based off of an article in German that I was translating part of to discuss what the article called the radicalization of the moderates in Germany. Talking about the vitriol being directed at Merkel and what not. Then the fire alarm wen toff in my building and I had to shut down my computer. I'm feeling to lazy to type it all up but it was a very interesting look at how a country founded on the concept of compromise and being moderate (unified Germany) has been changing lately. It's not necessarily that they are becoming more conservative, it's that the extreme left is pissing off the middle ground and causing them to rely on rhetoric reminiscent of extreme right wing movements. Very interesting stuff.
(02-05-2016, 02:38 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I had started typing up a post based off of an article in German that I was translating part of to discuss what the article called the radicalization of the moderates in Germany. Talking about the vitriol being directed at Merkel and what not. Then the fire alarm wen toff in my building and I had to shut down my computer. I'm feeling to lazy to type it all up but it was a very interesting look at how a country founded on the concept of compromise and being moderate (unified Germany) has been changing lately. It's not necessarily that they are becoming more conservative, it's that the extreme left is pissing off the middle ground and causing them to rely on rhetoric reminiscent of extreme right wing movements. Very interesting stuff.

Too bad about the alarm. Is there a link to the story? I will put it through yandex if possible.
(02-05-2016, 07:38 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Too bad about the alarm. Is there a link to the story? I will put it through yandex if possible.

If I come across it again I will post it.
All bickering about weather the group is neo-Nazi or not, and such aside. Can anyone really blame them? I mean, if the US were to allow mass immigration of these military age males, from a culture that sees ours as theirs for the feasting, my son and I would be some of the first to volunteer to patrol and defend our women.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Meh.... the Nazi items/guns are just props to brew fear.
This is a basic tactic of anyone who themselves live in fear.
Their thinking is "if I can intimidate them visually/psychologically, I can avoid actual physical confrontation and keep my image".
Lucie, have you seen this story yet?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3432531/Pictured-pick-artist-center-international-pro-rape-storm-t-shirt-shorts-door-mother-s-home-lives-basement.html

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(02-06-2016, 08:51 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Meh.... the Nazi items/guns are just props to brew fear.
This is a basic tactic of anyone who themselves live in fear.
Their thinking is "if I can intimidate them visually/psychologically,  I can avoid actual physical confrontation and keep my image".

The Nazi items could have a different meaning as well.  It could just be a rallying symbol to let others know that if they are against immigration and ZOG control then they are not alone.

It isn't easy to spot like minded people, I would have no way of knowing if my views will be met with acceptance or hostility until I actually give them voice. 

If someone saw a Nazi symbol, they would know that they could talk about any view regarding race and politics if they are in a mind that race isn't a social construct and that politicians don't represent White interest as much as they seem to be against them, and not be mocked, ridiculed and derided for it. 

What's worse, is you can be fired if you don't toe the line on certain narratives.  Just look at what happened in Mizzou.  In other universities, staff has had to resign due to hostility thrown at them for even suggesting that some people get offended easily.
(02-05-2016, 08:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: All bickering about weather the group is neo-Nazi or not, and such aside.  Can anyone really blame them?  I mean, if the US were to allow mass immigration of these military age males, from a culture that sees ours as theirs for the feasting, my son and I would be some of the first to volunteer to patrol and defend our women.

This is a great question.  One that I have heard voiced on a few occasions, especially since we are expected to have an influx of immigrants from Middle Eastern countries.

If you hear that a bunch of women were being harassed by Muslim men and the cops were unwilling or unable to stop this harassment, would you stand by and allow it to continue as well, for fear of being called a racist?  Or would you throw your care of a word aside and defend your women, even if that meant with violence?
To clarify, no one here said the group was a neo Nazi group. Lucie thought the article said that. The article quotes some community members believing they are, but it specifically says that only some have ties to neo Nazism.

The leader is a self proclaimed neo Nazi. The Nazi memorabilia is his. The author only described them as "neo Nazi led". I pointed this out to him.

End of Nazi talk.

Well the Muslim Brotherhood were with the Nazi's and fought along side of them.    So if anyone is the true Nazi's in this example it would be the Muslim refugees.  Especially since they are trying to force their ways onto Europeans.  

The soldiers of Odin are just being nationalistic.

Note: I didn't say this to start a Nazi back and forth.
(02-06-2016, 07:49 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: This is a great question.  One that I have heard voiced on a few occasions, especially since we are expected to have an influx of immigrants from Middle Eastern countries.

If you hear that a bunch of women were being harassed by Muslim men and the cops were unwilling or unable to stop this harassment, would you stand by and allow it to continue as well, for fear of being called a racist?  Or would you throw your care of a word aside and defend your women, even if that meant with violence?

I wouldn't care about being called anythjng. If I see women and children being attacked I would step in. You can't be afraid to call out evil.
(02-06-2016, 05:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Lucie, have you seen this story yet?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3432531/Pictured-pick-artist-center-international-pro-rape-storm-t-shirt-shorts-door-mother-s-home-lives-basement.html

No, but I wondered what happened to DJS Ninja