Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solid SB summary
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nfl/news/super-bowl-56-bengals-rams-myths/1lswdtn9ca76v1jzlk2dqh1d7u
Reply/Quote
Very cool and encouraging article. Thanks for sharing.

I really don't get where the "Bengals have a no name defense" came from. We have a pro bowler who has been in the top 5 in sacks for 2 seasons, the biggest DL FA signing 2 years ago, a stud 2nd year linebacker, the 2nd rated CB in the league and an all pro safety. Playmakers at every level.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 10:53 AM)wcu Wrote: Very cool and encouraging article. Thanks for sharing.

I really don't get where the "Bengals have a no name defense" came from.  We have a pro bowler who has been in the top 5 in sacks for 2 seasons, the biggest DL FA signing 2 years ago, a stud 2nd year linebacker, the 2nd rated CB in the league and an all pro safety. Playmakers at every level.

Did the Patriots have a named defense all those times they made it to the Super Bowl? I doubt it would make a difference to anyone but the media.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 11:26 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Did the Patriots have a named defense all those times they made it to the Super Bowl? I doubt it would make a difference to anyone but the media.

Agreed, and we seem to play our best when we are not noticed or given much respect...we are like the salt water crocodile that hunts under the water line and then BOOM! 
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 12:17 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Agreed, and we seem to play our best when we are not noticed or given much respect...we are like the salt water crocodile that hunts under the water line and then BOOM! 

More disrespect: The line opened with us at +3.5 and moved up to +4.5 within 24 hours. I LOVE IT!!!
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Somebody needs to publish an article saying the Rams will run all over DJ Reader and that Stafford is light years better than Burrow.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 12:49 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Somebody needs to publish an article saying the Rams will run all over DJ Reader and that Stafford is light years better than Burrow.  Ninja

brb Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 10:53 AM)wcu Wrote: Very cool and encouraging article. Thanks for sharing.

I really don't get where the "Bengals have a no name defense" came from. We have a pro bowler who has been in the top 5 in sacks for 2 seasons, the biggest DL FA signing 2 years ago, a stud 2nd year linebacker, the 2nd rated CB in the league and an all pro safety. Playmakers at every level.

It's only a "no-name" defense (ironically) because the media doesn't hype them up.

Like you said, we have great players. Hendrickson. Hubbard. Reader. Awuzie. Bates and Bell. Wilson. Heck, even Ogunjobi and Hill were/are amazing for us.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 10:02 AM)Whacked Wrote: https://www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nfl/news/super-bowl-56-bengals-rams-myths/1lswdtn9ca76v1jzlk2dqh1d7u

Nice article, I think it is pretty spot on on what to expect, should be a great Superbowl. We have a lot of time to prepare for AD
to hopefully hold him at bay somewhat. This really is their main strength to our weakness, but we have seen this every week so
it is nothing new, I know AD is a different animal but every week we have had a very good to great player going against our OL.

We aren't going to overlook AD that is for damn sure. The way you beat the Rams is you run it on them and we can do just that
as long as we prepare and execute on the OL. Start Carman please, he is inconsistent but he will get a big block here and there 
to free up the RB on a run or a screen.

On Defense I think we can handle the Rams, we can handle Mahomes and the Chiefs. Also Stafford is more of a pocket passer 
and if Whit or whoever at LT doesn't play superb Hendrickson will cause these guys lots of trouble. Also love our interior against
Allen who isn't a good pass protector, BJ Hill and Reader could have a great game. Our Linebackers love to be around the ball 
and rip it out or pick it off and I know our Secondary will come ready to play.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 07:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice article, I think it is pretty spot on on what to expect, should be a great Superbowl. We have a lot of time to prepare for AD
to hopefully hold him at bay somewhat. This really is their main strength to our weakness, but we have seen this every week so
it is nothing new, I know AD is a different animal but every week we have had a very good to great player going against our OL.

We aren't going to overlook AD that is for damn sure. The way you beat the Rams is you run it on them and we can do just that
as long as we prepare and execute on the OL. Start Carman please, he is inconsistent but he will get a big block here and there 
to free up the RB on a run or a screen.

On Defense I think we can handle the Rams, we can handle Mahomes and the Chiefs. Also Stafford is more of a pocket passer 
and if Whit or whoever at LT doesn't play superb Hendrickson will cause these guys lots of trouble. Also love our interior against
Allen who isn't a good pass protector, BJ Hill and Reader could have a great game. Our Linebackers love to be around the ball 
and rip it out or pick it off and I know our Secondary will come ready to play.
Exactly on Stafford...he is not nearly as elusive as Mahomes and probably not even as much as Tannehil ..I feel like he is good for at least 2 turnovers by Int or strip sack situation. The Rams have ALL the Pressure on them as they have mortgaged thier future to win NOW and on top of that playing at their home stadium. They have supestar and or top names at all positions (Donald, Ramsey, Miller, Stafford, OBJ, Kupp , Whit etc etc....) They may just get tight and not play thier best ball.   Meanwhile as other posts have described: Bengals "Playing with house money"...playing loose, confident and unrattled football. Id hate to be Rams in this one . Can you imagine the meeting McVay would have with Kronke if they lost?  
Reply/Quote