Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Solution To The Sack Problem?
It's not so much the QB the noise affects, it is the linemen.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 02:10 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's not so much the QB the noise affects, it is the linemen.

Sure. A loud home crowd is a big advantage. But the KC fans are acting like it will be a big problem for Burrow. Reminiscent of the Titans fans who thought Burrow would be seeing ghosts once he got sacked a few times. 

They don't know Joe.
Reply/Quote
Maybe play extra O Lineman every snap. Let mixon and 3 talented receivers plus rotating Uzomah work.

We don’t have to have 6 linemen only on run plays ?

Plus. Shorter passes. The yac for these talented dudes will be crazy.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote

This would explain why some plays were late getting in or not at all
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Zac already copped both to taking too long to get plays in and not having a designed outlet receiver on enough plays. So I expect these to change.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 03:06 PM)Joelist Wrote: Zac already copped both to taking too long to get plays in and not having a designed outlet receiver on enough plays. So I expect these to change.

Yep. That will help. Less play action and a roll out or two might help. At least move the pocket some. Not snapping the ball at 1 and outlets will help. 

But the miscommunications between Prince and Adeniji are shockingly bad.  And happen over and over. That needs fixed or we need to see Carman, XSF, Fred, or Smith. 
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 09:15 AM)wcu Wrote: I know everybody loves Frank Pollack, but honestly if you're missing assignments and having communication issues in the 22nd game of the season across multiple positions, that's the coaching.

I said in another thread I dont know why some of our fans keep acting as if Pollack is this great O-Line coach.  Pollacks line gave up more sacks this year than Jim Tuner's line last year and Pollack has more talent to work with.  Turner had to try and make a line work with guys like Bobby Hart and Michael Jordan.   It's especially worrisome when Pollacks O-line guys act like they dont know what they are supposed to be doing half the time.  Thats coaching.  Thats on Pollack.  Pollack needs to do better.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 09:24 AM)Takedown Wrote: Getting the Chiefs offense to turn the ball over to offset the x amount of sacks we may or may not give up isn't a bad recipe for success as it was proven against TN.

Apples to oranges, different/better team. Don't forget we almost had 2 picks against the Chiefs. And our defense is hungry. It's time we finally see a full game from the offense and defense.

I don't want to see Brandon even try to win this game.. Sooner or later a sack ends in the QB hurt.  Fix that problem, it is a problem even if you win, because your franchise is getting beat up.

Get the turn overs still but seriously, the sacks are not OK.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 09:15 AM)wcu Wrote: I know everybody loves Frank Pollack, but honestly if you're missing assignments and having communication issues in the 22nd game of the season across multiple positions, that's the coaching.

It's hard not to place blame of Pollack when we've given up more sacks then last year and our run game is trash. Can anyone point out where our Oline is actually better?
Reply/Quote

this is making me nervous...  Ninja
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 09:27 PM)M.W. Wrote: I don't want to see Brandon even try to win this game.. Sooner or later a sack ends in the QB hurt.  Fix that problem, it is a problem even if you win, because your franchise is getting beat up.

Get the turn overs still but seriously, the sacks are not OK.

Of course not..........

The sacks are never okay, but the reality of it is, Burrow will be sacked. And there's nothing the organization can do about it RIGHT NOW. We just have to limit those sacks, get rid of the ball quicker and maybe throw it away instead of always trying to make something out of nothing. 

As much as our oline sucks balls, Burrow needs to realize that they suck and that he needs to make the smartest choice if facing an incoming Jones, Clark, Ingram, etc. I love seeing him evade oncoming opponents, but sometimes I gotta scratch my head. Luckily Burrow hasn't even scratched the surface and he will only get better. 
Reply/Quote