Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solving Our Corner Problem
Jones should be gone. I've defended the dude to no end but it's time to let him go. We'll still need another one or two solid corners.

We need to take Howard Wilson out of Houston in the third or fourth. He wasn't expected to skip his last two years of eligibility to enter the draft, but doing so will allow us to draft him lower than his value dictates this year and definitely would dictate in the future.

He's 6'1, which I like the corners that are a bit taller now in the NFL, he has a knack for being around the ball, he's aggressive, and he's a playmaker (watch some highlights here).

We don't have the best luck when we take on players that still need to develop or project players, but this kid looks there to me and just needs more experience because he has all of the ability and intangibles.

He was injured all last year, so that needs to be looked into, but snagging him would allow us to focus on other needs early in the draft and would be a great steal for us.

We may also want to bring in another veteran because you can never have too many corners.

Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
We don't have a corner problem. How many of them does a team need?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2017, 04:51 AM)McC Wrote: We don't have a corner problem.  How many of them does a team need?

It's a passing league, but I actually agree with you but this thread was just in response to me seeing where other people want to take a corner in the first or early.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully, Jones goes after this year. He has an out clause in his contract after 2 years. He will almost definitely have a down year this year and he'll probably cause a distraction and Mike Brown will finally realize that Jones' daughter has plenty of money from the other 12 years of Jones' career and cut him loose.

But I'd rather wait and see if Darqueze can do anything, as he's been a rather colossal bust so far in his career. If he disappoints again this year, then we can go forward with Dre, Jackson, Shaw and Russell and draft a new cornerback next year.

Dennard's contract will expire after next season and then we'll have 4 to 5 deep of good young corners with no red flags.
Reply/Quote
Why not pick a lower round project corner seeing as how higher round picks seem to be projects at the position!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2017, 09:38 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Why not pick a lower round project corner seeing as how higher round picks seem to be projects at the position!

Good point, NFL rosters are littered with players that weren't drafted in the top tier of their position group, the year they were drafted.  Some of these guys had obvious flaws in their games, but some were just victims of a loaded draft class. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Yea, don't think we have a CB issue. a mid round corner like usual should be all we take, and there are some good ones available.
Reply/Quote
I'd prefer his teammate Brian Wilson later. Or Brian hall outta Utah. PAC man gotta go. Dennard too most likely. Both after this year so getting this year to learn isn't a bad thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
adoree jackson would be a great guy to take over for pacman.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
If we take a CB I would like Douglas......could still be there in the 3rd/4th round.
Reply/Quote